Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Madness Banned  (Read 3151 times)
c1ph3r (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:33:50 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 11:36:42 AM by c1ph3r

Hi,
So my account Madness Got banned for 14 days for " unsubstantial posts / sig "
I really don't see what I did wrong , it would be awesome if administrators could take it off and give me a second chance please or decrease the time to few days i'd really appreciate it . It's maybe because I posted a lot of a thread of mine ? I've been on the Top posters (350 posts first month , 900 second month) and never had any issues.
would be awesome if BadBear or Theymos post here .

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 05:44:22 AM

I dont know what was the point. Can you please admin tell us why you ban this guy. His post history was really good. I think he posting many posts a day ?

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:47:45 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 06:06:35 AM by innocent93

Well, your posts seem to be constructive, maybe you posted too much in a short time. Anyway let's see how moderator responses to this first.
You added you sig to every posts you made, that might draw moderator's attention.
edo_tensei

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:30:39 AM

My account got ban too.
Are spam means post in short intervals of time although or she made a good post.?

Im also often see accounts with green feedback post in short time frame,and he can keep online and not getting ban.

Need some explanation here

yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:45:05 AM

waiting for admin or mod's reply about this case.. your posts is constructive and yet you're still banned, maybe some explanation on why you are banned will enlighten us more about the forum rules

Banned**
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:47:41 AM

My account got ban too.
Are spam means post in short intervals of time although or she made a good post.?

Im also often see accounts with green feedback post in short time frame,and he can keep online and not getting ban.

What is your account?

Hi,
So my account Madness Got banned for 14 days for " unsubstantial posts / sig "
I really don't see what I did wrong , it would be awesome if administrators could take it off and give me a second chance please i'd really appreciate it . It's maybe because I posted a lot of a thread of mine ? I've been on the Top posters (350 posts first month , 900 second month) and never had any issues.
would be awesome if BadBear or Theymos post here .

Thanks
This doesn't surprise me. Your account is the source of a lot of spam. The fact that you have posted a lot means that you need to be making more substantial posts, which is very difficult. Your posts were not substantial.

I was actually just speaking with a member of the forum today via Skype on an unrelated subject and your name came up....we agreed that you are annoying and spam a lot
edo_tensei

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:51:54 AM

My account got ban too.
Are spam means post in short intervals of time although he or she made a good post.?

What is your account?

izanagi
cryptoforcause

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:05:48 AM

Even I got banned a month back though I didn't make any spam posts. The difference is that I just got banned for 7 days.
Mods must not ban like this or they must put up a max. post limit a day or a week
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:32:08 AM

Everything is subjective, sometimes 100 meh quality posts spammed in a 1 day time frame catches a moderator/admin's attention more than 10 poor quality posts. There aren't post limits, however it goes without saying that at a certain point its hard to maintain post quality. People aren't banned on a whim, time is spent investigating especially in these situations where it isn't copy and paste/quote/smiley face/ +1 spam. Sometimes people spam meh - ok quality posts, but when you read the threads they are posting in, their posts aren't completely related or they are just reiterating prior posts to get the post count up or they are posting in threads that have already drawn a conclusion, and they are just reiterating points. People that post very frequently especially those with paid advertising signatures catch more attention sometimes than small spammers. Trust has no impact on bans or ban duration, while admittedly account age/status does minimally if I'm being honest. No one has a free ticket to spam, but a newbie with 5 of 10 of their post count being low quality are more likely to get a severe ban, than a member who has been active and posting high quality posts for a while, and slips up and spams a bit.

As I said, there are no rules on post count, you can post every 10 seconds if you wish, but the chances of your posts being quality decrease when you impose quotas.
edo_tensei

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:33:32 AM

Oh well...
Thanks for clarification ...

Can I use this account to manage my sales (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=965635.0)
for temporary ?
c1ph3r (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:37:30 AM

@SaltySpitoon , Basically impossible to give me a second chance please ? Sad or should I wait for theymos or Badbear's answer ?

If not , My brother have a couple of accounts (Marcotheminer who is the one who is doing the Bit-x compaign is aware of this) , and we use the same PC , if my brother use one of the accounts , it will be considered as Ban evasion also or it's fine to use them ? (same PC , IP etc .. as I said)

ty
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:52:10 AM

Oh well...
Thanks for clarification ...

Can I use this account to manage my sales (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=965635.0)
for temporary ?

Sorry, the only place you can post without being banned for ban evasion is in meta. If you would like to make a post in the thread letting people know that your account is temporarily banned, so the sale is postponed, I'll give you the OK on that, but when exceptions are made to the rule, everyone wants those exceptions, and the line gets moved further and further.

@SaltySpitoon , Basically impossible to give me a second chance please ? Sad or should I wait for theymos or Badbear's answer ?

If not , My brother have a couple of accounts (Marcotheminer who is the one who is doing the Bit-x compaign is aware of this) , and we use the same PC , if my brother use one of the accounts , it will be considered as Ban evasion also or it's fine to use them ? (same PC , IP etc .. as I said)

ty

You are welcome to wait for Badbear / Theymos' opinion, they are the only ones who could possibly unban you or reduce the ban time anyway, not that I expect they will, but I was just giving an answer to a couple questions in the thread. About your brother, I'd like to say they wont be banned for ban evasion, but that is really a tricky one. Assuming I believe its your brother and not an alt of yours ( I really don't know because I haven't looked into it) they wouldn't be banned for ban evasion. The reason its tricky, is proving its your brother, and not you. I'd definitely wait for Badbear/Theymos to weigh in on that one. The most I could do to try and clear you is analyze your speech patterns and try to find differences proving to at least some extent that you aren't the same person.
c1ph3r (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:42:30 AM

Yes I know you got a point , already PM'ed BadBear yesterday with my brother account , still not responding .
I will just wait as you asked me , thanks SaltySpitoon
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:50:06 AM

I dint know that posting a lot in a short time leads to a ban and why does nobody get to know if the user is banned or not? Is there any limit to the number of posts one can make in a day?

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:59:29 AM

I dint know that posting a lot in a short time leads to a ban and why does nobody get to know if the user is banned or not? Is there any limit to the number of posts one can make in a day?

I don't think there maybe any limits, but maybe making posts in places that ain't needed there by them can be the reason for ban...

Watching for theymos and Badbear to at least say something on this...

irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:29:34 PM

I don't think there maybe any limits, but maybe making posts in places that ain't needed there by them can be the reason for ban...

Watching for theymos and Badbear to at least say something on this...

As it is said above by mod that

Everything is subjective, sometimes 100 meh quality posts spammed in a 1 day time frame catches a moderator/admin's attention more than 10 poor quality posts. There aren't post limits, however it goes without saying that at a certain point its hard to maintain post quality.............
[-snip]

As I said, there are no rules on post count, you can post every 10 seconds if you wish

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:33:48 PM

Everything is subjective, sometimes 100 meh quality posts spammed in a 1 day time frame catches a moderator/admin's attention more than 10 poor quality posts. There aren't post limits, however it goes without saying that at a certain point its hard to maintain post quality.............
[-snip]

As I said, there are no rules on post count, you can post every 10 seconds if you wish

Ohk fine... I think I missed it, but thanks anyways for letting me know...
And that's absolutely great if there are no limits and the only thing needs to be maintained is the post quality.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:40:12 PM

[-snip]

Ohk fine... I think I missed it, but thanks anyways for letting me know...
And that's absolutely great if there are no limits and the only thing needs to be maintained is the post quality.

There is a simple thing to do "post as if you aren't wearing any signature ad and you will be safe". I think this is a simple thing to understand & apply, or maybe I am wrong.
c1ph3r (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:49:12 PM

Also , I've seen some people getting banned and needs to pay a fee for posting or something ?
I'am more then ready to pay the fees if there is any to get unbanned , I'd really appreciate it . ty
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:55:34 PM

There is a simple thing to do "post as if you aren't wearing any signature ad and you will be safe". I think this is a simple thing to understand & apply, or maybe I am wrong.

Well, I don't think it's true.
Wearing a signature ad is what everyone is getting as a benefit for their account and posting. If that won't be allowed and there's a cap (which ain't as said by the Mod), then the signature space will be of no use and so, most people won't cross their limits posting too much.

But, all that matters according to me is the "post quality, not just that, but it should be to the extent of your account level"... That's what came to my mind.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: