Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "The demonisation of Russia risks paving the way for war"  (Read 1112 times)
kitarohotono (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:25:33 AM

"Politicians and the media are using Vladimir Putin and Ukraine to justify military expansionism. It’s dangerous folly"

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/04/demonisation-russia-risks-paving-way-for-war
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:11:55 AM

"Politicians and the media are using Vladimir Putin and Ukraine to justify military expansionism. It’s dangerous folly"

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/04/demonisation-russia-risks-paving-way-for-war

I think this could have been posted in one of the many other Russia vs the west threads...
I think Ukraine is desparate for war. Russia is desparate not to have Nato troops walking around next to their borders. America wants the whole world to accept that they are the overlords and must do whatever they say.  Media here only see the western side of things, so report it as such.  I don't even like discussing the whole situation with mainstream press readers, because they just say that Putin is like Hitler.  I don't think he is a great guy or anything, but I think fearing your enemies politically taking over your once best friend and neighbour is a fairly normal response to have, and most other countries would fight back in some way too.
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:13:11 AM

I have to agree. I am seeing many examples of this all over the world... It's quite sad...
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:18:18 PM

Meanwhile, Russian parliament is working on Shariah-compliant legal framework, which is needed to make interest-free banking possible.

http://top.rbc.ru/finances/05/03/2015/54f782e49a79476590eca758
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/09/us-islam-financing-russia-idUSKBN0LD0DU20150209
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:32:11 PM

The most important part from the article to discuss here (and for those who are tldr):

Hundreds of US troops are arriving in Ukraine this week to bolster the Kiev regime’s war with Russian-backed rebels in the east. Not to be outdone, Britain is sending 75 military advisers of its own. As 20th-century history shows, the dispatch of military advisers is often how disastrous escalations start. They are also a direct violation of last month’s Minsk agreement, negotiated with France and Germany, that has at least achieved a temporary ceasefire and some pull-back of heavy weapons. Article 10 requires the withdrawal of all foreign forces from Ukraine.

The above, if true, seems to be foreshadowing a further exacerbation of the bloody conflict in Ukraine. The U.S. is likely running out of time to start another full-fledged war in Europe in an effort to postpone a seemingly inevitable economic collapse.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 09:41:09 PM

The most important part from the article to discuss here (and for those who are tldr):

Hundreds of US troops are arriving in Ukraine this week to bolster the Kiev regime’s war with Russian-backed rebels in the east. Not to be outdone, Britain is sending 75 military advisers of its own. As 20th-century history shows, the dispatch of military advisers is often how disastrous escalations start. They are also a direct violation of last month’s Minsk agreement, negotiated with France and Germany, that has at least achieved a temporary ceasefire and some pull-back of heavy weapons. Article 10 requires the withdrawal of all foreign forces from Ukraine.

The above, if true, seems to be foreshadowing a further exacerbation of the bloody conflict in Ukraine. The U.S. is likely running out of time to start another full-fledged war in Europe in an effort to postpone a seemingly inevitable economic collapse.

So it does. And the CIA's head visited Kiev a couple of days ago, which is also and event foreshadowing an escalation of the conflict.

By the way, The Guardian, and to some extent The Associated Press are the few remaining Western English-language media that I still have respect for.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:45:21 PM

So it does. And the CIA's head visited Kiev a couple of days ago, which is also and event foreshadowing an escalation of the conflict.
Last two times this led UAF to the catastrophic defeat. So I think it's a kind of good news.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 10:02:53 PM

Last two times this led UAF to the catastrophic defeat. So I think it's a kind of good news.

Not for all the civilians that will start dying again once Ukies resume their attacks, bolstered by the US presence on the ground.

And what tee-rex said:

Arms supplies to Kiev not in line with Arms Trade Treaty — Russian diplomat
http://tass.ru/en/world/781250

MOSCOW, March 5. /TASS/. The weapons supplies to Kiev contradict the Arms Trade Treaty that became effective last year, the Russian Foreign Ministry’s official spokesman, Alexander Lukashevich, said on Thursday.

"Not only the United States, but a whole range of European states, which unexpectedly emerged in this field, and in particular Finland [showed up in weapons supplies issue to Ukraine]," Lukashevich said.

"We responded rather sharply and publicly to the plans of supplies of some equipment to Ukraine which can be used in carrying out combat actions," the diplomat said.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:16:32 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 06:23:50 PM by BitMos

frankly a republic with weed legal, and boom gone, busted all preconception... you have no idea... it's a perfect move, don't let ideological consideration (of your own making) stop you from making a good, sound and intelligent move... no Olympic game, football (it's only sheeple watchin) could do the same... chose wisely the republic (ideally the poorest, the climatic best and rules).

edit: when were the plants of the creation made illegal in Russia? imposed by the amerikis trough their un thingis?

money is faster...
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:09:50 PM

Not another one...

All I see is constant demonisation of Ukraine. Please explain what part of the Russian Federation has Ukraine invaded recently.

I think this could have been posted in one of the many other Russia vs the west threads...
I think Ukraine is desparate for war. Russia is desparate not to have Nato troops walking around next to their borders.
Roll Eyes
There seem to be lots of Russian troops "volunteer mercenaries" and various other idiots receiving lots of Russian money and weapons to fight for independence on Ukrainian soil, but where are all the Ukrainian troops attacking Russian Federation soil?? Huh Roll Eyes

America wants the whole world to accept that they are the overlords and must do whatever they say.

As a non-American (me) speaking to another non-American (you), I can also make empty statements on behalf of the US and say: no they don't. You're full of shit. The Americans do not want to be seen as overlords, so prove me wrong, bitch.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:40:33 AM

It's not demonization when nations are actively behaving like fucking demons, now is it? Fuck Russia. Fuck all nations.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:27:28 PM

It's not demonization when nations are actively behaving like fucking demons, now is it? Fuck Russia. Fuck all nations.

the day Russia legalize all plants, I may end up there... forevermore... why? no debt (or if it arise, the loaners will know their faith), no gmos, no du, you can eat most plant and fish and animals of the creation safely, there are the true Americans, you can participate with the Russian State in the progression of Russia (just not plan overthrow of the gov ala Hillary), air quality is top, it's huge, you can go to China by foot, Vodkaa and more, what's not to love?

money is faster...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: