Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryce Weiner attempted to tip ISIS!?  (Read 6531 times)
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:33:24 AM

Not sure why do he take the risk and send only $1 USD to ISIS. If he want to help ISIS.. he would sent big amount of Bitcoin and not use ChangeTip micro payment platform.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:11:18 AM

Not sure why do he take the risk and send only $1 USD to ISIS. If he want to help ISIS.. he would sent big amount of Bitcoin and not use ChangeTip micro payment platform.

I think he didn't have the intent to send them money, but just create some troll, or make a joke out of it. But seems it went wrong.

SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:55:34 AM

They should maybe ban the internet in this region, use security teams to disarm the internet in this part of the world. The internet and network access is their recruiting tool, their threatening tool, their ONLY tool to the outside world. DISABLE THEM. EMP THEM. Send them to the damn stone age.

calci

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:44:55 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 07:44:41 PM by calci

Has he ever commented on why he did this and tipped the ISIS for nothing ?

Looks like he got public anger towards himself for no reason. Seems it was meant as a joke but didn't end as one.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:06:12 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-user-banned-isis/

Not sure what to make of this.
I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

Wow! Really strange , why would he do it !
And even when the CEO (Nick Sullivan) of ChangeTip said it himself that he was banned , why would B. Weiner say that he asked them to close the account ?
Can't get a hold on his ideas, totally stupid attempt and big lie .
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:06:20 AM

I support terrorism every time I pay taxes

Unfortunately this is the world we live in sometimes... And they try to justify it too...
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:00:31 PM

Give them .001BTC via ChangeTip, its funding "Terrorism".

Give them $100m via fronts in Oman, its funding "Regime Change"

These guys are bad news, but they have been state sponsored for a long time.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:55:07 PM

I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

Wow! Really strange , why would he do it !
And even when the CEO (Nick Sullivan) of ChangeTip said it himself that he was banned , why would B. Weiner say that he asked them to close the account ?
Can't get a hold on his ideas, totally stupid attempt and big lie .

Agreed. Something else happened and we've just been told a cover story. Either way, whatever the point he was trying to make backfired. Oh well, guess it serves him right for trying to support a terrorist organisation whether ot was his goal or not.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Then you should do one of two things:

1) Vote to change the government you live under to not be the "terrorists" you think they are, or
2) Move to a place where the government is one that you don't deem as "terrorists"

In most societies, taxes paid are due to the fact that the citizens have voted to pay those taxes. If you don't agree with those taxes do something to organize your citizens to vote the taxes away or don't live in that jurisdiction.

Why do people feel they are so helpless?

dragon321

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

Give them .001BTC via ChangeTip, its funding "Terrorism".

Give them $100m via fronts in Oman, its funding "Regime Change"

These guys are bad news, but they have been state sponsored for a long time.

Same as steal $100 and you're a thief, steal $1000M and you're a banker Wink
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:29:34 PM

1) Vote to change the government you live under to not be the "terrorists" you think they are, or
2) Move to a place where the government is one that you don't deem as "terrorists"

In most societies, taxes paid are due to the fact that the citizens have voted to pay those taxes. If you don't agree with those taxes do something to organize your citizens to vote the taxes away or don't live in that jurisdiction.

In summary:
1) Not going to happen in this lifetime.
2) Put up or shut up.....

So, sounds like a win for terrorists everywhere. At least the state sponsored ones. Maybe independent terrorists could sue under equal rights.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:31:29 PM

because of the first past the post electoral system

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:36:03 PM

Same as steal $100 and you're a thief, steal $1000M and you're a banker Wink

Almost right - steal $100M  you're a banker, steal $1000M and you're a banker President of the European Central Bank/ FED  :-)  Grin  Grin

Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:37:29 PM

watch that attempted $1 cost him thousands in legal fees when the US Govt decides to prosecute them on the grounds
of conspiracy aiding and abetting a terrorist organization.

We can only hope so nobody should be even joking about helping them scum bags, of course the US govt are no better but we are used to them now thats why they still hold the power

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
Berau

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:44:32 AM

What do you think?

What? ISIS has got a bitcoin address for tipping purposes?

This Bryce Weiner guy really deserves a slap in the face I guess, just looking at ISIS' images on the news was horrifying for me.
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 10:51:07 AM

What do you think?

This Bryce Weiner guy really deserves a slap in the face I guess, just looking at ISIS' images on the news was horrifying for me.

If .001btc deserves a slap in the face. what does $123m get you?  The US has supported Idriss in Syria, who in essence (through his own weakness) funneled these funds directly to ISIS ( the ISIL, now IS) who were fighting on the same patch, but for their own goals. The short term goals of the US ( Regime change in Syria and Libya) have been the catalyst for the growth of these animals that are ISIS.

If you are going to be indignant about something, then be indignant about the big things. This guy did something that was stupid, but if i shines a light on how ISI came to be the force that it is now, then at least some good can come of it.

autodiv

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:48:36 PM

Maybe he is a big fan of beheading videos.

AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:48:10 PM

What do you think?

They've been using BTC for some time to raise funding for the terrorist activities. They've also started selling antique and historical pieces from museums that they claim 'doesn't represent Islam' and whatnot.
Basically they've been using Bitcoin for all the reasons we are against.
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 05:27:13 PM

They've been using BTC for some time to raise funding for the terrorist activities.

They've also started selling antique and historical pieces from museums that they claim 'doesn't represent Islam' and whatnot.

Wow.  Do you have the links to where we will find that? Sounds interesting.

Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:25:47 PM

They've been using BTC for some time to raise funding for the terrorist activities.

They've also started selling antique and historical pieces from museums that they claim 'doesn't represent Islam' and whatnot.

Wow.  Do you have the links to where we will find that? Sounds interesting.

Yes please do provide a link because i do not believe it these guys take over banks and oil fields what do they need with bitcoin? The price is far to low for them to have been in it. What i think you are confused with is scammers pretending to be them and taking coin from the fools that is the thing with fools they will be parted with their money unfortunately. 

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: