Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alert!!! Auction Again!!! What do you think?  (Read 2795 times)
DeboraMeeks (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:21:16 AM

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/us-government-schedules-third-silk-road-bitcoin-auction/30012

Taking place today, 5th March, 2015, the third seized 50,000 Bitcoins auction took place with the bidders having six hours, i.e.; 8 am to 2 pm to submit their bids.

What do you think on "how this will actually affect the price at any cost"?

Share your views on what will be the outcome after the third auction of stolen coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:28:42 AM

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/us-government-schedules-third-silk-road-bitcoin-auction/30012

Taking place today, 5th March, 2015, the third seized 50,000 Bitcoins auction took place with the bidders having six hours, i.e.; 8 am to 2 pm to submit their bids.

Share your views on what will be the outcome after the third auction of stolen coins.

Bitcoin Will SkyRocket Cheesy
Not skyrocket exactly but will go up!

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:31:02 AM

i think main buyers will be funds, larger players and hodlers

all auctions have gone this way and is great news

out of hands of criminals and black market players, and out of hands of other criminals fbi and cia  Grin
once all ulbricht and other silk road players coins sold at these auctions there is unlikely to ever be such things again

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
DeboraMeeks (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:39:58 AM

Being optimistic is good, being over-optimistic isn't, as your ego only gets hurt if the real picture that comes out what you didn't expect, just like over-confidence.

Me too currently bullish on BTC, let's see what the big guys are hodling in their bags.
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:26:02 PM

surely this is what everyone wants. But I prefer to wait and see.

Exther2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Let's see, it is today, some hours later.
I think that it will not give any effect to current price.
There is too much bitcoins around so 50k only if sold at once can be a danger, but I doubt that will happen, as it would be not so smart if buyer do it. He can calm and wait for price to double so he can enjoy on at least 100% profit.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Morenod

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:39:11 PM

Little drop now before the auction.

Change after will be depending on who buys these BTC.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:40:40 PM

These auctions do not hit the market directly. So, they are not a problem except the panic factor.

DeboraMeeks (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:44:02 PM

These auctions do not hit the market directly. So, they are not a problem except the panic factor.

I highly doubt that there are people (whales) sitting currently thinking more of harming the price of BTC instead of giving it some support, as if these coins are sold and dumped, then that would be a better opportunity for many whales to get in again at very low prices as panic sell will be the obvious scene.
neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 01:46:19 PM

If you want to know the effect, check what happened the first two auctions.

Only thing it contributes so far is some press coverage in the mainstream media.

DeboraMeeks (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:50:23 PM

If you want to know the effect, check what happened the first two auctions.

Only thing it contributes so far is some press coverage in the mainstream media.

I think I have already given my opinion on this through the below mentioned statement... Wink

I highly doubt that there are people (whales) sitting currently thinking more of harming the price of BTC instead of giving it some support, as if these coins are sold and dumped, then that would be a better opportunity for many whales to get in again at very low prices as panic sell will be the obvious scene.

The only thing I saw was, dump first and a bit pump later on, still it harms the price of BTC a lot due to people selling in panic, as I have seen everyone selling on news.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:58:28 PM

There is nothing special about it. It's exactly the same as previous auctions.

Not sure why some people get excited over nothing.

The only one who benefits from it are the people who get a lot coins for just one price at the auction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:01:01 PM

Nothing much'll happen in the wider world. If the previous auctions have taught us anything, it's that they're utilised by people looking for large and pain free purchases away from all the crappy exchanges. That points towards holding and future plans.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

It may drop the price a little when a few of the newbies start selling if it does not start a little panic then very little will happen, 2pm so has it just finished i am in th UK?

The buyer will most likely hold them coins for the long term so not much to worry about them dumping Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:05:16 PM

There is nothing special about it. It's exactly the same as previous auctions.

Not sure why some people get excited over nothing.

The only one who benefits from it are the people who get a lot coins for just one price at the auction.
It's the last one isn't it? That makes it somewhat special, the market is free afterwards from the threat of the Feds dumping their coins to drop the price again!
I have a feeling some good entrepreneurs will be involved this time, there is some momentum behind BTC at the moment, not that the price would tell you that!
DeboraMeeks (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:14:40 PM

It's the last one isn't it? That makes it somewhat special, the market is free afterwards from the threat of the Feds dumping their coins to drop the price again!
I have a feeling some good entrepreneurs will be involved this time, there is some momentum behind BTC at the moment, not that the price would tell you that!

Still, after watching the exchanges and the decrease in sell-offs the last few days, yes, I too believe that there might happen something very surprising what we haven't expected from this auction thing.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 02:29:19 PM

No matter what happens, I think you should panic.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:37:31 PM

My take... Yawn.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:51:23 PM

The first auction went really well but the second one less so.  Given the recent price action I think it is a minor negative, more coins hitting the market, but hopefully will set the stage for another move up.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:51:30 PM

From what happened in previous auctions, bitcoin price will go down.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: