Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Add a Telegram contact method.  (Read 3427 times)
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:24:03 PM

Telegram is gaining traction as a recgonised instant messager.  It's safe and secure and it's used by a lot members here. I would appreciate it if it could be added under our profile.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:27:56 PM

Telegram is gaining traction as a recgonised instant messager.  It's safe and secure and it's used by a lot members here. I would appreciate it if it could be added under our profile.
I am not sure if you are joking or not however there is a field for other contact info that you can use. You can even add contact info for multiple contact methods there.
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:33:51 PM

Telegram is gaining traction as a recgonised instant messager.  It's safe and secure and it's used by a lot members here. I would appreciate it if it could be added under our profile.
I am not sure if you are joking or not however there is a field for other contact info that you can use. You can even add contact info for multiple contact methods there.

I'm not. Why not just add our ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM and email there too? I know it was used a few years ago bit with software advancement, those have become outdated.  I don't see how another contact method field will hurt. Telegram is also used by a handful of people here too.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:58:10 PM

Telegram is gaining traction as a recgonised instant messager.  It's safe and secure and it's used by a lot members here. I would appreciate it if it could be added under our profile.

I'm not. Why not just add our ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM and email there too? I know it was used a few years ago bit with software advancement, those have become outdated.  I don't see how another contact method field will hurt. Telegram is also used by a handful of people here too.

You should move this thread in the new forum section, however as quickseller told I do not think it is necessary this thing. You can add your telegram username on the other contact's field (https://telegram.me/Your_Username).
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:20:17 PM

Technically their is no MSN anymore
Guess if it was possible to change the option that would work but yah this is a better fit in new forum discussion

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:26:01 PM

You should move this thread in the new forum section, however as quickseller told I do not think it is necessary this thing. You can add your telegram username on the other contact's field (https://telegram.me/Your_Username).

It should be added to the new forum, I'll move it.
When are we updating anyway?
Technically their is no MSN anymore
Guess if it was possible to change the option that would work but yah this is a better fit in new forum discussion

Exactly, we could swap MSN for telegram.

HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:13:00 PM

I don't think we should add another field for it just yet, this is the first time I heard of it.  Perhaps when it gains some traction, but for not just put it under other.
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:37:52 PM

I don't think we should add another field for it just yet, this is the first time I heard of it.  Perhaps when it gains some traction, but for not just put it under other.

I'd never heard of it also but I guess it can just go in other contact info like people have mentioned. Maybe there could be a couple of different slots added for other contact info as more and more messengers and social networks are coming out all the time.

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:05:07 PM

I'd never heard of it also but I guess it can just go in other contact info like people have mentioned. Maybe there could be a couple of different slots added for other contact info as more and more messengers and social networks are coming out all the time.

It isn't a well-known messenger like WhatsApp or kik or bbm, it only has 50m downloads. Compared to the others, I'll agree, it's not well known. It is however used by some members on the forum like redsn0w and myself, I think marcotheminer uses it too.  It could definitely replace the old methods of contact.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 05:21:38 PM

I am using it too. I agree, replacing MSN would be a good idea.

-MZ

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:25:29 PM

I am using it too. I agree, replacing MSN would be a good idea.

-MZ

Pm or post me your your name on telegram so I'll have it stored.

kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:19:53 PM

It isn't a well-known messenger like WhatsApp or kik or bbm, it only has 50m downloads. Compared to the others, I'll agree, it's not well known. It is however used by some members on the forum like redsn0w and myself, I think marcotheminer uses it too.  It could definitely replace the old methods of contact.
I use it too, but I use Whatsapp a LOT more.
I do however agree that we need a Telegram contact field as a replacement for MSN, that is like sooo long gone now...
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:25:11 PM

i find it miles ahead of other instant messenger program(i'm using the browser version for now and i love it), it surely gaining popularity, but maybe it's not ready to be added here yet
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:47:37 PM

i find it miles ahead of other instant messenger program(i'm using the browser version for now and i love it), it surely gaining popularity, but maybe it's not ready to be added here yet

It is far ahead of others definitely. I personally still feel it can replace the msn field.

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:10:53 AM

You want to add Telegram, but are ignoring WhatsApp, which is, whether you like it or not, more widely used than Telegram.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 03:13:48 AM

You want to add Telegram, but are ignoring WhatsApp, which is, whether you like it or not, more widely used than Telegram.

Whatsapp needs phone number and I don't think BT users will share phone numbers with each other.

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:30:15 AM

Whatsapp needs phone number and I don't think BT users will share phone numbers with each other.

Exactly, I'm not comfortable giving out my number to complete strangers

R2D221

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:08:20 AM

Doesn't Telegram use phone numbers too?

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 06:40:04 AM

You don't want to give your phone number to others, username is enough.

R2D221

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:32:55 AM

You don't want to give your phone number to others, username is enough.

What username?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: