Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone familar with WooCommerce on Wordpress?  (Read 1528 times)
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:00:28 PM

So I had a site developed awhile back and all went well at first - payments were rec'd and inventory was updated. All orders were queued as "processing". Now all of a sudden, all payments are queued as "on hold" and they don't remove then inventory from the site's levels which has caused ordering in excess of what is in stock sometimes.

Can anyone help here?

I'll pay a small tip for the help.

Also - any payments that are made on site do not have seller protection with PayPal. I feel like there is something wrong with the code because other vendors always have "seller protection" from PayPal when accepting their payments. Whenever a payment is made through my site, it comes over to PayPal with no verified shipping address in the transaction and ultimately no seller protection.

I'll pay a bigger tip for the PayPal thing as that is something far more important than the first but both are important ultimately. Thanks.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:56:41 PM

Hey there,

I'v had a little experience with both, right now running enjoybitcoins.com WooCommerce with our points system.  Was running Woocommerce with Bitpay for a bit on www.bitcoinshopping.center.

What plugin are you using to work with Bitcoin on Woocommerce? Sounds like a plugin issue that isn't connecting with the backend.... Also, are you working from a theme that might be prohibiting this, or this is a recent issue... (Woocommerce updated recently, I am thinking your plugin or theme is not friendly with the new version).  Here's a list of alternatives for Woocommerce - http://enjoybitcoins.com/tag/woocommerce/

As for the Paypal question... Do you need to accept paypal or could replace it with another FIAT option that facilitates credit and fiat such as stripe?

Let me know the update and we can go from there!
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:43:07 PM

Hey there,

I'v had a little experience with both, right now running enjoybitcoins.com WooCommerce with our points system.  Was running Woocommerce with Bitpay for a bit on www.bitcoinshopping.center.

What plugin are you using to work with Bitcoin on Woocommerce? Sounds like a plugin issue that isn't connecting with the backend.... Also, are you working from a theme that might be prohibiting this, or this is a recent issue... (Woocommerce updated recently, I am thinking your plugin or theme is not friendly with the new version).  Here's a list of alternatives for Woocommerce - http://enjoybitcoins.com/tag/woocommerce/

As for the Paypal question... Do you need to accept paypal or could replace it with another FIAT option that facilitates credit and fiat such as stripe?

As much as I hate PayPal I HAVE to accept PayPal. I'm not sure what I'm running honestly - I know nothing about it all, just had someone develop the site for me. Where can I find the answers to what you are asking?

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:50:50 PM

Hey there,

As much as I hate PayPal I HAVE to accept PayPal. I'm not sure what I'm running honestly - I know nothing about it all, just had someone develop the site for me. Where can I find the answers to what you are asking?

What's your URL? Or do you know what theme it's on? Do you have access to the backend where you can see the left hand wordpress sidebar or are you using FTP?

If you are using the wordpress dashboard, goto the Woocommerce tab > Settings > Checkout tab
There will be your payment options, the Bitcoin you have working should be in there. Let me know and we will make it happen.
locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:27:43 AM

About Paypal Seller Protection...

Try checking the "Send shipping details to Paypal instead of billing"

This happens because by default woocommerce sends the billing address to paypal.
locopao
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:44:05 AM

So I had a site developed awhile back and all went well at first - payments were rec'd and inventory was updated. All orders were queued as "processing". Now all of a sudden, all payments are queued as "on hold" and they don't remove then inventory from the site's levels which has caused ordering in excess of what is in stock sometimes.

about this one...

Do you have 2 different emails ?

One for your paypal account and a different one for your notifications?

If yes, try to use only 1 email (same) for both and see what happens.
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:51:28 PM

This happens because by default woocommerce sends the billing address to paypal.
Just did that. PM or post your bitcoin address, if the next payment goes thru and its verified (meaning I have seller protection) I'll send ya 0.01 BTC for your help.

locopao
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:32:13 PM

Just did that. PM or post your bitcoin address, if the next payment goes thru and its verified (meaning I have seller protection) I'll send ya 0.01 BTC for your help.

You can test it by yourself. Just make a sandbox account (it's very easy), and "buy" something from your e-shop (since it's sandboxed the transaction is fake and you will not be charged). Then see at your paypal account if its being verified or not.

Let me know if you have any problem.

locopao
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:15:59 PM

about this one...

Do you have 2 different emails ?

One for your paypal account and a different one for your notifications?

If yes, try to use only 1 email (same) for both and see what happens.

Also (about "processing" & "on hold") you can try this:

Do you have any other payment option besides paypal?

If not, and paypal is your only option, then you can simply add the following code to your theme's function.php

Code:
/* Reset status of new orders from "on-hold" to "processing" */
add_action( 'woocommerce_thankyou', 'custom_woocommerce_auto_complete_order' );
function custom_woocommerce_auto_complete_order( $order_id ) {
    global $woocommerce;
     if ( !$order_id )
        return;
    $order = new WC_Order( $order_id );
    $order->update_status( 'processing' );
}

Keep in mind that by doing this, ALL orders will be marked as "processing", so it's not recommended if you are using "Bank Transfer", "Check" or other manual payment options.

locopao
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:42:52 PM

Any news here?

Is your problem solved? Please let me know if everything is ok (pm you but didn't get any answer)

so if you see this message plz reply

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: