Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:54:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My thread locked for SPAM and I dont know why.  (Read 1502 times)
casstgate (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:10:37 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 02:23:08 AM by casstgate

So if someone a moderator thinks I SPAMMED, which I didn't, don't you think I should at least get an email telling me why??  Or some kind of explanation???

I have never spammed and rarely post out of my own thread.  

WTH???

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=972192.0

User: PonZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:19:01 AM

Did you also happen to get banned as well? I don't think it is very common for you to get a notification if your "spam" thread were to get locked (nor do I even think it would even be very common for a thread to get locked in the first place because you post/bump it too much).

Do you happen to be related to _JCaferJr_, or whatever his main account is? He probably caused you and your thread to get attention because he was evading his ban by posting in the thread that was locked.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:23:02 AM

Funny, I noticed your thread and made a note of it, but didn't say anything about it to anyone yet. I can't say for sure the moderator's motivation for locking it, but I noticed there were an unsually large amount of newbies postings very similar low quality posts, similar to alt currency announcement threads where people feign support in order to disguise a few spam posts in order to farm accounts.
casstgate (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:44:27 AM

Did you also happen to get banned as well? I don't think it is very common for you to get a notification if your "spam" thread were to get locked (nor do I even think it would even be very common for a thread to get locked in the first place because you post/bump it too much).

Do you happen to be related to _JCaferJr_, or whatever his main account is? He probably caused you and your thread to get attention because he was evading his ban by posting in the thread that was locked.

My PonZ username cant PM for 5 days??? and my Thread is locked for 5 days. 

I know who he is, but not associated.  He's like a ponzi nut.
I'm amazed that party A can get party B locked up.  That could be used against as a weapon.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:50:57 AM

I'm amazed that party A can get party B locked up.  That could be used against as a weapon.

I don't think JCafeJr got your account banned, he probably just attracted attention to your thread. I really did not look at your thread very closely but I didn't see many/any bumps. As mentioned above a lot of newbie accounts with a lot of shit posts were posting in your thread so it is possible that BadBear looked into it and determined that they are likely alts of you in order to covertly bump your thread.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that your thread is locked for 5 days? I know there is a message at the top of your account when you are banned for a certain time period, however I was under the impression that when a thread is locked by a moderator it can only be unlocked by a moderator.
casstgate (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:16:45 AM

I don't think JCafeJr got your account banned, he probably just attracted attention to your thread. I really did not look at your thread very closely but I didn't see many/any bumps. As mentioned above a lot of newbie accounts with a lot of shit posts were posting in your thread so it is possible that BadBear looked into it and determined that they are likely alts of you in order to covertly bump your thread.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that your thread is locked for 5 days? I know there is a message at the top of your account when you are banned for a certain time period, however I was under the impression that when a thread is locked by a moderator it can only be unlocked by a moderator.

http://7dayponzi.com/ban.JPG
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:19:55 AM

That just says that your account is banned for 5 days. It does not say anything about your thread being locked for that long. Unless you received some notification saying that your thread will be unlocked after a certain time then I would assume the thread will not unlock after your ban expires (although I may be wrong on this)
casstgate (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:35:51 AM

I know who he is, but not associated.  He's like a ponzi nut.
I'm amazed that party A can get party B locked up.  That could be used against as a weapon.

http://7dayponzi.com/ban.JPG
That just says that your account is banned for 5 days. It does not say anything about your thread being locked for that long. Unless you received some notification saying that your thread will be unlocked after a certain time then I would assume the thread will not unlock after your ban expires (although I may be wrong on this)

It also doesn't say which moderator did it.
It doesn't say why he/she did it.

I'm amazed!  I've been on here for 2 years... and never had an issue... I never even knew we had dictators and tyrants who could do what ever they wanted... isn't our communtiy about:  openess, transparency and democracy?  

EDIT:  Im not opposed to moderators...God we need them!  But they should NOT be able to ban without an explanation or identification.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:49:36 AM

It also doesn't say which moderator did it.
It doesn't say why he/she did it.

I'm amazed!  I've been on here for 2 years... and never had an issue... I never even knew we had dictators and tyrants who could do what ever they wanted... isn't our communtiy about:  openess, transparency and democracy?   

EDIT:  Im not opposed to moderators...God we need them!  But they should NOT be able to ban without an explanation or identification.

You were not told which moderator took such action to avoid the moderator from getting bombarded with PM's for making a correct action against someone. Also moderators cannot actually ban people, only administrators can.

You were given the general reason why you were banned: because of Spam. Generally speaking you are not going to be banned for one specific action or post, but rather will be banned because of activity that occurs over a period of time.
casstgate (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:55:00 AM

I think if you looked at my posting history (of PonZ), you would probably scratch your head... and say.. "Why did this poor bastard get banned?"

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:59:36 AM

I think if you looked at my posting history (of PonZ), you would probably scratch your head... and say.. "Why did this poor bastard get banned?"

As SaltySpitoon said, it is possible that some of the posts in your thread were from accounts that were controlled by you. Just because PonZ made "good" posts, does not mean that shit posts from newbie shills will be excused.
casstgate (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:07:40 AM

As SaltySpitoon said, it is possible that some of the posts in your thread were from accounts that were controlled by you. Just because PonZ made "good" posts, does not mean that shit posts from newbie shills will be excused.

So there is no way to screen these shill posts with technology?  I know I personally never made a shill post.  
So an Admin can suspect shilling and just drop the ban hammer on a hunch? So our admins operate by the science of "feeling" ??

Edit:  I am sure I could write a script that predicted within 95% accuracy what was a self-posted-shill and what wasn't.  So If I can do why hasn't the forum???
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:11:42 AM

So there is no way to screen these shill posts with technology?  I know I personally never made a shill post. 
So an Admin can suspect shilling and just drop the ban hammer on a hunch? So our admins operate by the science of "feeling" ??

If the reason for the ban was because of shill posting in your thread then I can say with a good amount of certainty that it was not a hunch. I know that BadBear is very good at finding alt accounts......it is even rumored that he was able to find alt accounts that all only connected to the forum via tor.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:17:32 AM

So there is no way to screen these shill posts with technology?  I know I personally never made a shill post.  

Edit:  I am sure I could write a script that predicted within 95% accuracy what was a self-posted-shill and what wasn't.  So If I can do why hasn't the forum???

Who says we dont have that already? And the reason why you don't get a message saying who banned you, is because moderators would then have to deal with people hounding that constantly about nonsense. The explanation is there, it says you were banned for spamming. Bans and post deletion by moderators are screened by the admins, if moderators make wrongful post deletions/bans, they aren't moderators anymore.

*edit* and no, the thread isn't unlocked in 5 days, just the ban is up.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:39:13 AM

I banned you and locked your thread because of the constant bumping of the thread due to your giveaway. You should not be offering people incentives to post in your thread. Stuff like that typically goes in games and rounds, but I would like to keep those threads contained in that section.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
casstgate (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:24:05 AM

I banned you and locked your thread because of the constant bumping of the thread due to your giveaway. You should not be offering people incentives to post in your thread. Stuff like that typically goes in games and rounds, but I would like to keep those threads contained in that section.

So in all fairness:
1. I limited the bonuses / posting to 50 entries of which 13 people posted over a period of 3 days.
2. I posted 13 bonuses / posts about said entries over a period of three days.

Exactly where is the line?
I am happy to comply with the rules, IF I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE...

EDIT:  If you thought the thread was misplaced, why not move it?  I personally think its in the right spot as Games & Rounds is a more permanent feature of that category as opposed to a temporary feature.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 04:50:45 AM

The line is 0.

There are 3 rules that apply here, no spam, no excessive bumping, and no giveaways/promos, which is specifically stickied in the gambling section (of which investor based games is a child board, though it applies everywhere). If you want to make a thread for your giveaway, then make a thread dedicated to it in the games and rounds section. Anywhere else is against the rules and may result in a ban.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
PonZ

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 04:21:59 PM

The line is 0.

There are 3 rules that apply here, no spam, no excessive bumping, and no giveaways/promos, which is specifically stickied in the gambling section (of which investor based games is a child board, though it applies everywhere). If you want to make a thread for your giveaway, then make a thread dedicated to it in the games and rounds section. Anywhere else is against the rules and may result in a ban.

OK...my 5 day SPAM ban is over, can you unlock the thread?  I will immediately remove the offending portion of the thread.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

I'm amazed!  I've been on here for 2 years... and never had an issue... I never even knew we had dictators and tyrants who could do what ever they wanted... isn't our communtiy about:  openess, transparency and democracy?  

So you've been here two years for no issue.

SUDDENLY someone disagrees with you and the forum is fun by dictators and tyrants?   Roll Eyes

I hope you understand what a big fool you sound like...  realize you are not a god and wait the five days.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
PonZ

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:11:40 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 11:56:51 PM by PonZ

So you've been here two years for no issue.

SUDDENLY someone disagrees with you and the forum is fun by dictators and tyrants?   Roll Eyes

I hope you understand what a big fool you sound like...  realize you are not a god and wait the five days.

I am NOT irritated that someone disagrees with me... that is NOT the source of my frustration/irritation:

1. I was banned from posting without any explanation other than a one word indictment of "SPAM"
2. My thread was locked without ANY explanation what-so-ever and I was not supplied with a date as to when the thread might be unlocked (unknown crime, non-specific penalty)
3. The rule I apparently broke was posted in a parent thread (unbeknownst to me) and NOT in the child board I was actually posting in

So forgive me for growing up in a western democracy where we favor:  clearly posting the rules in advance, giving detailed punishments for breaking said rules ahead-of-time and supplying inadvertent tortfeasors such as myself with an opportunity to redress grievances against the enforcers of the rules should they also be culpable.

Our community has always favored OPENNESS and TRANSPARENCY.  I could care less if anyone disagrees with me!!!  I invite dissent!!  What I care about is that that the most important forum related to bitcoin practices those two core values.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: