Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:42:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser Warfare is Here  (Read 1059 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:21:06 AM

The battlefield of the future recently came a step closer, as a Lockheed Martin laser weapon took out a truck in a field test. The 30-kW fiber laser weapon system was fired at a small truck mounted on a test platform, the laser beam disabled the running engine and drivetrain within seconds.

The recent field test used Lockheed's Advanced Test High Energy Asset (ATHENA) ground-based prototype, single-mode laser, which is based on the company's Area Defense Anti-Munitions (ADAM) laser weapon system. It incorporates the 30-kW Accelerated Laser Demonstration Initiative (ALADIN) fiber laser developed by Lockheed.

ATHENA uses a process that the company calls Spectrum Beam Combining. Though laser weapons have been successfully tested in the past, Lockheed says that even though such systems could acquire, track, and destroy targets, they lack practicality as a tactical weapon because the inefficient nature of the lasers resulted in them being too large, needing too much power, and being difficult to cool.

More...http://www.gizmag.com/lockheed-martin-laser-truck/36377/
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 07:46:10 PM

“The battlefield of the future” (Chef Ramsay) is an asteroid-stricken, postapocalyptic hellscape.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:51:25 PM

The battlefield of the future recently came a step closer, as a Lockheed Martin laser weapon took out a truck in a field test. The 30-kW fiber laser weapon system was fired at a small truck mounted on a test platform, the laser beam disabled the running engine and drivetrain within seconds.

The recent field test used Lockheed's Advanced Test High Energy Asset (ATHENA) ground-based prototype, single-mode laser, which is based on the company's Area Defense Anti-Munitions (ADAM) laser weapon system. It incorporates the 30-kW Accelerated Laser Demonstration Initiative (ALADIN) fiber laser developed by Lockheed.

ATHENA uses a process that the company calls Spectrum Beam Combining. Though laser weapons have been successfully tested in the past, Lockheed says that even though such systems could acquire, track, and destroy targets, they lack practicality as a tactical weapon because the inefficient nature of the lasers resulted in them being too large, needing too much power, and being difficult to cool.

More...http://www.gizmag.com/lockheed-martin-laser-truck/36377/

Would they not be severely limited by line of sight?  The curvature of the earth would mean that on a talk the range would be fairly low, just guessing but maybe 5 miles?
Would they be able to be used by a fighter jet? Then they would be lethal.  I would be interested to see what sort of defences armies come up with against this sort of thing, should they be adopted in the future. Would reflective materials or stealth materials be safe from attack?
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:53:38 PM

problem that the forces, if they chose the gmo path will have to face : in contact, there is no way to go out to speak to human without full combat gears, why? they will want to harvest exodna. fair, full suit on. Except the unexpectable, where mission is lost before starting, you wanted it, you will get it. one sec, all down, 2 sec, all gone, V.safety first. humans (and their electronic aides), no risk, sorry, already merged. bye. risk 0. gg. next. move. jump. go. and the sun and the planet gravitated in the void of humankind. nm.

edit: only an "Angel" can stop that.

money is faster...
username18333

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:11:27 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 08:36:11 PM by username18333

problem that the forces, if they chose the gmo path will have to face : in contact, there is no way to go out to speak to human without full combat gears, why? they will want to harvest exo[-DNA]. [F]air[—] [F]ull suit on. Ex[pect] the unexpectable[—]where [the] mission is lost before [it even starts][.] [(Y]ou wanted it; you will get it.[)] [𝒪]ne sec[ond], all down[.] [Two] sec[onds], all gone[.] V[ictory]. [(Remeber, "S]afety first.[")] [Homo sapiens sapiens] (and their electronic aides)[—] [Present] no risk[.] [(S]orry, [you've] already [been what we call "]merged.[")] ["B]ye.["] [R]isk[?] [Nill]. [(]gg.[)] [N]ext. [M]ove. [(J]ump[?] [Run‽])

Quote from: Cyrillean homeworld?
…and the sun and the planet gravitated in the void of humankind.

[Next move, please].

edit: [We wouldn't let you land an asteroid strike btw].

Don't "you" think you should learn enough about the place to communicate effectively with its inhabitants before passing judgment? (Looks like you haven't innovated human language since Huangdi.)

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:14:08 PM

problem that the forces, if they chose the gmo path will have to face : in contact, there is no way to go out to speak to human without full combat gears, why? they will want to harvest exo[DNA]. [F]air[—] [F]ull suit on. Ex[pect] the unexpectable[—]where [the] mission is lost before [it even starts][.] [(Y]ou wanted it; you will get it.[)] [𝒪]ne sec[ond], all down[.] [Two] sec[onds], all gone[.] V[ictory]. [(Remeber, "S]afety first.[")] [Homo sapiens sapiens] (and their electronic aides)[—] [Present] no risk[.] [(S]orry, [you've] already [been what we call "]merged.[")] ["B]ye.["] [R]isk[?] [Nill]. [(]gg.[)] [N]ext. [M]ove. [(J]ump[?] [Run‽])

[Next move, please].

Don't "you" think you should learn enough about the place to communicate effectively with its inhabitants before passing judgment?

the survivors are more important to me.

money is faster...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:15:02 PM

My countermeasure!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

My countermeasure!

aha. the silver shield.

money is faster...
username18333

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:18:57 PM

problem that the forces, if they chose the gmo path will have to face : in contact, there is no way to go out to speak to human without full combat gears, why? they will want to harvest exo[DNA]. [F]air[—] [F]ull suit on. Ex[pect] the unexpectable[—]where [the] mission is lost before [it even starts][.] [(Y]ou wanted it; you will get it.[)] [𝒪]ne sec[ond], all down[.] [Two] sec[onds], all gone[.] V[ictory]. [(Remeber, "S]afety first.[")] [Homo sapiens sapiens] (and their electronic aides)[—] [Present] no risk[.] [(S]orry, [you've] already [been what we call "]merged.[")] ["B]ye.["] [R]isk[?] [Nill]. [(]gg.[)] [N]ext. [M]ove. [(J]ump[?] [Run‽])

[Next move, please].

Don't "you" think you should learn enough about the place to communicate effectively with its inhabitants before passing judgment?

(Red colorization mine.)

Quote from: David Konstan. “Epicurus.” Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. 234. 22 Feb. 235. link=http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/epicurus
The philosophy of Epicurus ([2121]–[2050] [P.E.A.]) was a complete and interdependent system, involving a view of the goal of human life (happiness, resulting from absence of physical pain and mental disturbance), an empiricist theory of knowledge (sensations, together with the perception of pleasure and pain, are infallible criteria), a description of nature based on atomistic materialism, and a naturalistic account of evolution, from the formation of the world to the emergence of human societies. Epicurus believed that, on the basis of a radical materialism which dispensed with transcendent entities such as the Platonic Ideas or Forms, he could disprove the possibility of the soul's survival after death, and hence the prospect of punishment in the afterlife. He regarded the unacknowledged fear of death and punishment as the primary cause of anxiety among human beings, and anxiety in turn as the source of extreme and irrational desires. The elimination of the fears and corresponding desires would leave people free to pursue the pleasures, both physical and mental, to which they are naturally drawn, and to enjoy the peace of mind that is consequent upon their regularly expected and achieved satisfaction. It remained to explain how irrational fears arose in the first place: hence the importance of an account of social evolution. Epicurus was aware that deeply ingrained habits of thought are not easily corrected, and thus he proposed various exercises to assist the novice. His system included advice on the proper attitude toward politics (avoid it where possible) and the gods (do not imagine that they concern themselves about human beings and their behavior), the role of sex (dubious), marriage (also dubious) and friendship (essential), reflections on the nature of various meteorological and planetary phenomena, about which it was best to keep an open mind in the absence of decisive verification, and explanations of such processes as gravity and magnetism, which posed considerable challenges to the ingenuity of the earlier atomists. Although the overall structure of Epicureanism was designed to hang together and to serve its principal ethical goals, there was room for a great deal of intriguing philosophical argument concerning every aspect of the system, from the speed of atoms in a void to the origin of optical illusions.
(Red colorization mine.)

Your life, and the maintenance of a notion of the value thereof for "your" technological excession of primitives, yet more so.

BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:22:06 PM

[Next move, please].

(Red colorization mine.)

[…]

Quote from: David Konstan. “Epicurus.” Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. 234. 22 Feb. 235. link=http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/epicurus
The philosophy of Epicurus ([2121]–[2050] [P.E.A.]) was a complete and interdependent system, involving a view of the goal of human life (happiness, resulting from absence of physical pain and mental disturbance), an empiricist theory of knowledge (sensations, together with the perception of pleasure and pain, are infallible criteria), a description of nature based on atomistic materialism, and a naturalistic account of evolution, from the formation of the world to the emergence of human societies. Epicurus believed that, on the basis of a radical materialism which dispensed with transcendent entities such as the Platonic Ideas or Forms, he could disprove the possibility of the soul's survival after death, and hence the prospect of punishment in the afterlife. He regarded the unacknowledged fear of death and punishment as the primary cause of anxiety among human beings, and anxiety in turn as the source of extreme and irrational desires. The elimination of the fears and corresponding desires would leave people free to pursue the pleasures, both physical and mental, to which they are naturally drawn, and to enjoy the peace of mind that is consequent upon their regularly expected and achieved satisfaction. It remained to explain how irrational fears arose in the first place: hence the importance of an account of social evolution. Epicurus was aware that deeply ingrained habits of thought are not easily corrected, and thus he proposed various exercises to assist the novice. His system included advice on the proper attitude toward politics (avoid it where possible) and the gods (do not imagine that they concern themselves about human beings and their behavior), the role of sex (dubious), marriage (also dubious) and friendship (essential), reflections on the nature of various meteorological and planetary phenomena, about which it was best to keep an open mind in the absence of decisive verification, and explanations of such processes as gravity and magnetism, which posed considerable challenges to the ingenuity of the earlier atomists. Although the overall structure of Epicureanism was designed to hang together and to serve its principal ethical goals, there was room for a great deal of intriguing philosophical argument concerning every aspect of the system, from the speed of atoms in a void to the origin of optical illusions.
(Red colorization mine.)

I am (in the [here, non-optimal] order of the colorized text above) but postmodern, an existential nihilist, and a heterarchist.

Your life, and the maintenance of a notion of the value thereof for your excession of primitives, yet more so.

If you value your life your enemy will be able to exploit this weakness. hc.

die standing and you can be welcome, am I you god? first son, am I your god, second son, am I you god, last son, come the 2, back. flash, no, 3nd gone, welcome. hc. the few.

edit: about a mother, not the type you find in your "science". gg hf.

edit: for the sake of curiosity do you have an idea the Book I quote? just to know if it's a zealot or a little bit more instructed...

money is faster...
username18333

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:27:12 PM

[…]

[…]

I am without enemies: I have known no obstacle.

BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:28:09 PM

[…]

[…]

I am without enemies: I have known no obstacle.

they know you. Only God is what you describe, we struggle, we die, we learn, and hopefully love.

btw even if you cryptic language is hard to understand for me, I like you very much, one of the most interesting (though provoking poster here, so I profit to thank you here (even if I don't agree... 0/1 Cheesy).

money is faster...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:30:42 PM

I've already checked out laser based weaponry, it really isn't realistic, not with our current technology anyway, the only way it could become a real thing is if there was some dramatic change in the way we power lasers in general, it's like with exosuits and so on as well, we'd need to invent a new mobile source of electricity to power these things to make them at all practical.
BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:32:08 PM

I've already checked out laser based weaponry, it really isn't realistic, not with our current technology anyway, the only way it could become a real thing is if there was some dramatic change in the way we power lasers in general, it's like with exosuits and so on as well, we'd need to invent a new mobile source of electricity to power these things to make them at all practical.

nuclear ur235 and + are only for low tech people... it's before 1945 tech... today 2015 dream on piker. the Empire.

Iraq march 2003, old school low tech, to disturb the foes. only the best foes deserve the best "gifts". Grin.

money is faster...
username18333

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:34:12 PM

[…]

they know you. Only God is what you describe, we struggle, we die, we learn, and hopefully love.

You can't play the "human card" now: you, quite conspicuously, communicated a fear of contacting "AMH" and express a derision for them in equating their rhetoric to the flinging of feces characteristic of the primates you wish to revere them as being.

What are your coordinates?

BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:41:22 PM

[…]

You can't play the "human card" now: you, quite conspicuously, communicated a fear of contacting "AMH" and express a derision for them in equating their rhetoric to the flinging of feces characteristic of the primates you wish to revere them as being.

who cares, where my body will lie in death. Human body a step, then will see. but you and who ever will not be able to stop this process. you will never maintain eternal life. Death win always.

Arabic word 101 : DUNYHA. Between birth and death. and even the stars are gonna die, if you want more meta stuff Cheesy.

edit: what is AMH? I have no idea...

money is faster...
username18333

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:45:15 PM

[…]

who cares, where my body will lie in death. Human body a step, then will see. but you and who ever will not be able to stop this process. you will never maintain eternal life. Death win always.

Arabic word 101 : DUNYHA. Between birth and death. and even the stars are gonna die, if you want more meta stuff Cheesy.

Progression demands succession. Accordingly, "What are your coordinates?"

BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:49:26 PM

[…]

Progression demands succession. Accordingly, "What are your coordinates?"

I find it sad when progression ask for succession, because the mistake of the preceding can't be positively harvested, they need the kind of positive sharing environment, how else could it be possible to learn? it's hard to get to this level of mistake, first you need to reach this lvl and then you need to sin, and then you need to repent and be able to share humbly what wrong you did, and what can be learn from it. violence no conducive for such process. violence not good, but if no choice, speed. like the meteors flashing the skyline once, and gone. coordinate? imagine the Fallen One holding one of my hand in hope that I fulfill my promise, which will be done... don't get there. you will never reach it, and many of your loved one will die until you lost all will. hc.  tw. warned.

money is faster...
username18333

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

[…]

I find it sad when progression ask for succession, because the mistake of the preceding can't be positively harvested, they need the kind of positive sharing environment, how else could it be possible to learn? it's hard to get to this level of mistake, first you need to reach this lvl and then you need to sin, and then you need to repent and be able to share humbly what wrong you did, and what can be learn from it. violence no conducive for such process. violence not good, but if no choice, speed. like the meteors flashing the skyline once, and gone. coordinate? imagine the Fallen One holding one of my hand in hope that I fulfill my promise, which will be done... don't get there. you will never reach it, and many of your loved one will die until you lost all will. hc.  tw. warned.

You are outmoded and are to reveal your coordinates therefor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: