Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:54:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boldest Move Against the Drug War Just Came Out of Texas, from a Republican  (Read 982 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:30:49 AM

Austin, Texas – In a bold piece of legislation, Rep. David Simpson (R) filed a bill that would delete any mention of marijuana from state law. It would completely deregulate it and treat it as any common crop.

In a press release, Simpson said he supported regulating marijuana like the state regulates “tomatoes, jalapeños or coffee.”

“Everything that God made is good, even marijuana” said state Rep. Simpson. “The conservative thought is that government doesn’t need to fix something that God made good.”

A recent poll by Pew Research has shown that 63 percent of Republicans under the age of 34 support legalization of marijuana (vs. 77 percent of Democrats of the same age.)

This information indicates that both major parties are coming around to the realization that the drug war has done significant damage to the social fabric of U.S. society, and a systemic change is necessary.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Simpson said that may of his Republican colleagues were in support of repealing prohibition and also considered the War on Drugs to be an “abysmal failure.”

Currently, the U.S. has more non-violent drug offenders incarcerated than any other country on earth. A staggering 25 percent of all people incarcerated worldwide, are being held in a U.S. jail or prison. This fact becomes even more disturbing when combined with the knowledge that the U.S. represents only 5 percent of the world population.

In a break from the approach of taxation and regulation, taken in all of the numerous other states that have reformed their marijuana laws, the Texas bill would offer no regulation or taxation.

Simpson told KETK that he would like to “reframe the current marijuana discussion” by focusing on prohibition repeal in terms of conservative values such as deregulation and less government.

The issue was hotly contested at the Texas Republican Party convention in Fort Worth. Numerous delegates supported legalization but ultimately voted to oppose legalization in the official party platform.

More...http://thefreethoughtproject.com/texas-bill-treat-marijuana-common-crop-100-deregulated-untaxed/#ODUOQfCVWqQ783vU.99
Megabyte

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:35:53 AM

With the same logic, AIDS is good. LOL

But seriously, if appealing to religion is what it takes, go for it.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 05:24:49 AM

Where's the religion reference?

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 05:26:38 AM

It's amazing it's taken Republicans so long to try to monetize what's tobacco's wacky uncle.

Weed would make an incredible cash crop, tax the shit out of it for recreational use. No one that went on a shooting rampage, cunning theft, or terrorist attack did so while high on marijuana. People shouldn't be so afraid of it.

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:09:56 PM

Austin, Texas – In a bold piece of legislation, Rep. David Simpson (R) filed a bill that would delete any mention of marijuana from state law. It would completely deregulate it and treat it as any common crop.

BTC BTC BTC.

It's amazing it's taken Republicans so long to try to monetize what's tobacco's wacky uncle.

Weed would make an incredible cash crop, tax the shit out of it for recreational use. No one that went on a shooting rampage, cunning theft, or terrorist attack did so while high on marijuana. People shouldn't be so afraid of it.

understand that those "people" you are referring are the intellectual challenge equivalent of a monkey... they are stupid, indoctrinated, and would let everyone they love be exploited if it was told by their authority to do so. They are the bread and butter of most scams, every day a sucker is born... or buy high and sell higher, they will always (most of the time) be a suckerer...

money is faster...
Megabyte

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:20:49 PM

Everything that God made is good, even marijuana” said state Rep. Simpson. “The conservative thought is that government doesn’t need to fix something that God made good.”

You never read the Bible?
BitMos

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:22:58 PM

Everything that God made is good, even marijuana” said state Rep. Simpson. “The conservative thought is that government doesn’t need to fix something that God made good.”

bible useless. GOD IS THE GREATEST. you can be born alone, in the middle of the desert, if you know how to listen to God, I want to listen from you.

money is faster...
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:12:37 PM

Ha, wow, can't believe I missed that! Well I guess you can use God or Mother Nature interchangeably depending on one's beliefs.

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:32:47 PM

I am for the legalization of marijuana but this doesn't really say anything I could say this for other drugs that are dangerous,a lot of school shooters are just mentally ill people.

Megabyte

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:33:36 PM

Ha, wow, can't believe I missed that! Well I guess you can use God or Mother Nature interchangeably depending on one's beliefs.

You could, but in this case it is taken straight out of Genesis.

Genesis 1:31King James Version (KJV)

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:55:22 AM

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Their was no disease on earth till Adam and eve broke gods pact by eating the apple. That phrase was before they ate the apple.

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:02:18 AM

There's a reason it's called weed and it's very simple. It grows like a weed. It's invasive and it grows almost anywhere on the planet with little to no maintenance. It also happens to have pleasing effects if it is burned and the smoke is inhaled.
BitMos

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:33:34 PM

Their was no disease on earth till Adam and eve broke gods pact by eating the apple. That phrase was before they ate the apple.

who the fuck are you to tell that as fact? been there? done it? nope. so stop the bs.

simple : plant created before man, plant used by man for thousand of years (to sleep better in cave, put it in the fire), then comes the servants of evils (ctrl+p, gmoers, banners etc), they decided to ban the plant...

frankly being against the plants of the creation should be a federal crime punishable of Death Penalty, for the suffering that was inflicted on past generation...

When did the plants become illegal in your country? who was behind it? In Russia it would be the most interesting to know, the only country I understand is China, because there, used as a weapon of domination (that tell you everything about the white mens), but thing will transition once all the enemies of China capitals are in ruins, their populations annihilated and peace, stability, harmony and sustainability restored.

money is faster...
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:46:44 PM

I think this is the perfect tact to take to show most republicans who have religious tendencies that the drug war isn't what they've been led to believe all this time. Also, this Rep is a libertarian republican who's likely socially conservative but not the older breed of religious conservatives that have sought to legislate morality which has been all to common in the republican party. There's a nice brewing slate of libertarian republicans that have been elected in TX and around the country and this is what is helping change the current slant of the GOP as a whole.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: