Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: investopedia article  (Read 1008 times)
brokenchair (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:37:10 AM

Nothing great in the article, it is just a simple write up about storage.  The point is everyone who gets emailed from them got this article today.
That to me is good news.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/030515/what-cold-storage-bitcoin.asp?utm_source=basics&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Basics-3/6/2015
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:41:40 AM

A +ve coverage from a Alexa 945 site is always good for Bitcoin. Thanks for sharing this news...
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:47:37 AM

The article is quite informative. I have used Paper wallets before so I knew about it. However, I could not get this part:

Multisig is another method is to protect Bitcoins. It involves creating a multi-signature transaction system under which more people (usually 2 or 3) need to approve the funds being released.

Is this like having a joint account? But in that case any account holder can withdraw the amount without the consent of the other account holder.

I don't think this Multisig method would work as what if one person is not available? The funds would be kept on hold till then? It's just going to complicate the things.

L

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:48:48 PM

The article is quite informative. I have used Paper wallets before so I knew about it. However, I could not get this part:

Multisig is another method is to protect Bitcoins. It involves creating a multi-signature transaction system under which more people (usually 2 or 3) need to approve the funds being released.

Is this like having a joint account? But in that case any account holder can withdraw the amount without the consent of the other account holder.

I don't think this Multisig method would work as what if one person is not available? The funds would be kept on hold till then? It's just going to complicate the things.

Something like that.

Multi-signature is much more secure and it is being implemented in several services, Bitstamp and Bit-X are two exchanges already using multi-signature to protect their coins.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 01:34:21 PM

Obviously it's not the first article on bitcoin that got published on their website. But the exposure is certainly useful considering the amount of visitors the site is getting per day plus their mailing list. Even if any potential investor were to search an article on investment not related to bitcoin, there's high chance they eventually will find out about bitcoin somehow, and that's where it makes the difference.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:55:12 PM

Something like that.

Multi-signature is much more secure and it is being implemented in several services, Bitstamp and Bit-X are two exchanges already using multi-signature to protect their coins.

If in case one member's account is hacked, then it's a good method but doing this for every transaction is so time consuming and especially when it involves more than 2 people's approval.

It should only be implemented for transactions of 1 BTC and above and not for small transactions.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1572

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 09:07:06 PM

Investopedia seems to be covering subject of Bitcoin quite regularly. Type "Bitcoin" in their search bar and it will throw back quite a lot of results.

I guess you can like Bitcoin or not, but you cannot ignore it anymore.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:31:25 PM

It's good news of course, but I think someone who is not already investing in bitcoin will not stop and look twice to an article on cold storage...
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:18:05 PM

Wow, that's cool! Even small articles substantiate the system, the technology, the value of the use.

Good find!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: