Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:52:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my EUROs?  (Read 3346 times)
Morecoin Freeman (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:06:38 PM

Euro price going down. Sell or hodl?

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

trade it in for USD

its going to the moon!

DXY:

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:16:13 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 07:02:09 PM by Amph

yeah, and buy bitcoin with them, all fiat should be converted to btc
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:27:08 PM

So you are telling us you have your funds in fiat :] If you are into that, i wouldnt personaly advise converting in USD as someone previously stated,
the eur lost a lot with few EU countries that simply dont know how to do their finances, but under mentorship of Angela Merkel, even the toughest brat children will learn their lession,
and EUR will return stronger than ever, and USD has its run just now, so wouldnt it be bad to buy at the top and be forced to stop loss later on?

cheers
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:43:23 PM

If you want to stay in fiat... Stay in €. Otherwise buy BTC.
Yeah, not worth trading fiat for fiat, if you want to get out of the crashing € put it all on BTC.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:52:32 PM

Too late to sell Euro for USD now if you hadn't already, maybe at the next dead cat bounce. I do expect euro to reach dollar parity pretty soon but not before another bounce. Buying BTC however is a better bet imo, BTC is still undervalued and has recently started an uptrend (daily EMA's 20/50 cross and SMA's 20/50 both trending up now). Nobody knows how long this will last but since it's pretty fresh I think moving some euros into BTC is a pretty good bet right now. Personally I'm hardly holding any euros for a while now, just enough to pay my bills and living expenses. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 04:52:59 PM

If you are waiting for your fiat to gain in value and still being able to buy the same amount of stuff that it can get you today, you can just continue to wait and wait. Because in another few years down the road, you will see that your spending power is shrinking. Time to think of on how to diversify and correct the situation.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 04:55:56 PM

[urlhttp://www.lse.co.uk/AllNews.asp?code=bmw19tdl&headline=Swedish_Krona_Rises_To_Near_4month_High_Against_Euro][/url]Buy Sweedish Kronor.  The Riksbank is losing billions trying to keep the Europeg and it won't hold.  Huge potential profit.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:01:39 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 05:41:50 PM by bri912678

If you want to stay in fiat... Stay in €. Otherwise buy BTC.
Yeah, not worth trading fiat for fiat, if you want to get out of the crashing € put it all on BTC.

I'm not sure if it's worth trading EURO for USD but the Forex market (trading fiat for fiat) is the biggest market in the world and the amount of money traded daily dwarfs the bitcoin market.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:06:20 PM

trade it to USD.

Keep chasing collapsing markets and losing your money.

After all ,we need to take profits from someone
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:00:13 PM

buy bitcoin if you don't like to trade fiat currencies. current euro value is low but i don't think it will stay like this forever. great thing with bitcoin is that 1btc is always 1btc.
arvindr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:26:22 PM

Would be crazy if Euro reaches below the USD. Currently, its 1.09USD.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:33:32 PM

Just a question of time till usd collaps...
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

I have invested in a USD hedged brent crude ETF, that covers the really low oil price and keeps some of my money out of € too.
Bitcoin is pretty much priced in $ too, or silver, both would be fair choices.
finlon

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:56:48 PM

Looks like today was the lowest price in the last 10 Years for euro. I don't think you should sell it at the lowest already .
It can definitely go lower, But I am think the government will step in to stop that from happening.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:03:23 PM

trade it in for USD

its going to the moon!

DXY:
-snip-
Yes, dollar was proclaimed the king today. Again. This time on job reports. Can is kicked further.
Expect dollar to be very strong in 2015, to da moon or beyond, depending on the printing press and the 'news'.

this space is intentionally left blank
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:18:28 PM

trade it in for USD

its going to the moon!

DXY:
-snip-
Yes, dollar was proclaimed the king today. Again. This time on job reports. Can is kicked further.
Expect dollar to be very strong in 2015, to da moon or beyond, depending on the printing press and the 'news'.

US economy is getting hammered by strong dollar. Low oil prices costing us jobs here in Louisiana. Auto exports are crashing. Americans are not even buying American cars anymore because Imports are so cheap.

This is why I never want to see Bitcoin as legal tender. It would rise in value so quickly that velocity would crash, causing a depression. It functions better as a reserve currency mostly used for settlements. We could use altcoins for day to day xactions. The only problem with the bi-metal standard of the late 19th century was that gold and silver were pegged and not floating against each other. We need to end legal tender laws.

insert coin here:

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:03:18 PM

US economy is getting hammered by strong dollar. Low oil prices costing us jobs here in Louisiana. Auto exports are crashing. Americans are not even buying American cars anymore because Imports are so cheap.

This is why I never want to see Bitcoin as legal tender. It would rise in value so quickly that velocity would crash, causing a depression. It functions better as a reserve currency mostly used for settlements. We could use altcoins for day to day xactions. The only problem with the bi-metal standard of the late 19th century was that gold and silver were pegged and not floating against each other. We need to end legal tender laws.
I would love to see the end of the legal tender laws, but to my understanding of the FED actions, since the early days of this unholy institution, they actually do all they can to ensure them. this includes mass media coverage, on how US economy is 'flourishing', despite the facts that you mentioned.

this space is intentionally left blank
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:24:14 AM

I would love to see the end of the legal tender laws, but to my understanding of the FED actions, since the early days of this unholy institution, they actually do all they can to ensure them. this includes mass media coverage, on how US economy is 'flourishing', despite the facts that you mentioned.

The Fed is the most damaging institution in the world. Every country was forced to convert to unbacked fiat because the dollar's reserve currency status, and gave every government free reign to steal purchasing power of savers at will.  This destroyed capital formation and the entire capital structure of the global economy. A credit crisis now could see hyperinflation everywhere except the U.S. and crippling deflation here. Literally millions could starve before the capital structure realigns. 

Crypto is the only way I can see to prevent the breakdown of international trade in a worst case scenario. I know this sounds crazy, but based on my understanding of Austrian macroeconomics, it's a very real risk.

insert coin here:

Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:43:54 AM

It's funny that USD, one of the most overprinted currencies, is still pumping. I hope you're not taking these advice to buy USD seriously.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: