Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:10:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: █████ QUICKWALLET - A Lightweight Read-Only wallet APP ████████████  (Read 1289 times)
Vendor682 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:11:59 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 02:42:13 PM by Vendor682

QUICKWALLET

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/43a6/ll7v7x1w6789fvjzg.jpg?size_id=5
(The addresses shown on the picture are not mine, they are only for illustration purposes)

Quickwallet is a brand new wallet app, which is read-only, which means that it can't send bitcoins nor it has access to your private keys, but it can quickly show you the total funds in your wallet, by entering the addresses in them.

The concept is very simple, you enter your addresses, or the addresses of which you want to track, and the app will automatically show the balance of those addresses, which is refreshed every 15 seconds. Also if you close the app, the balances will be saved next to it into a "DATA.txt" file, which will be encrypted to ensure your privacy of your addresses.

██ Features: ██
♦ Add,Remove any Bitcoin address, and it will show it's balance, updated every 15 seconds
♦ Ultra-Lightweight, No blockchain needed, it won't download anything, it fetches the address balance with an API from the web
♦ The addresses are saved to a "DATA.txt" file, which will be encrypted to ensure your privacy over the addresses
♦ Don't move or delete the "DATA.txt" from the folder the APP is in or you will lose your database of addresses!
♦ The wallet app cannot be corrupted by external malware so your addresses will remain the same as entered
♦ Easy to use and fast load time
♦ Right click on the address/balance or the comment and Copy to Clibpoard!
♦ Clipboard clears after the app is closed to prevent malicious scripts of copying your address
♦ No private keys needed,so you can't transfer funds with it, you just enter the addresses and it will track it's balance, thats all it does
♦ Free to use, copy, redistribute, even comercially, so you can sell it too!

██ Credits: ██
Me & GreenStox

██ Virus Scan: ██
File is totally clean and safe to use!

██ Please donate if you like it: ██
17SEPg8BpwvN1BAjh9vpWYrPmMv9A4CDUi

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:14:20 PM

I would proceed with caution with this. You should only install software from unknown parties (especially newbies) on a computer without access to Bitcoin or passwords.

I don't have the ability to do a malware/virus check on this right now so I can't comment if this is malware or not.
Vendor682 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:20:04 PM

I would proceed with caution with this. You should only install software from unknown parties (especially newbies) on a computer without access to Bitcoin or passwords.

I don't have the ability to do a malware/virus check on this right now so I can't comment if this is malware or not.

Sure, the software doesn't need any private info, it's basically an address balance checker like blockchain.info, the only difference is that it's a portable app, and that it can check multiple addresses in the same time and create a read-only wallet or watch-only wallet as it is known.

I virus checked it, it's completely safe to use:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/e45e00dc24708641e3d24b84fbb9a173ec13ae056e4567138eb44dadec703878/analysis/1425636449/

However can any other Senior member or Moderator test it too so that I can establish my trust? Thanks!  Wink
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:58:42 PM

No code no safe.. Place code on github, no mod can confirm this is safe without compiling it by them selves
Vendor682 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:29:52 PM

No code no safe.. Place code on github, no mod can confirm this is safe without compiling it by them selves

Lol so you are saying that we should put the source code there for free so that others can steal it and make one of their own? No chance, we worked 1 week on this software, that is a valuable time and effort.

If you really don't trust me then just use it on a different PC with no Bitcoin related content on it as simple as that.
Vendor682 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:45:48 PM

Update 1.42

Changelog:
■ Added titles to all of the columns so that you know which column is what
■ Now you can add new addresses by just entering the address & description and press ENTER, no need to press "Add" anymore
■ Added the 2 green arrow buttons, so that you can move the addresses up or down in the list
■ The height of the software is a bit bigger so more addresses can be seen in the list before you need to scroll it
Compatible with all previous versions of the "DATA.txt" file, so if you added already your addresses just delete the old QUICKWALLET and put the new 1.42 version next to the DATA.txt, its compatible with all previous versions!

Download it from post #1

Enjoy!  Smiley

Code placed to BTCDLC a vendor site, but for FREE, still free to download. They virus checked aswell so it's safe to use.

Also new update of the software, stay in tune for more Smiley
MrDjAK

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:13:55 PM

Looks good but suspicions for me
Vendor682 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:28:37 PM

Looks good but suspicions for me

Suspicious as of how? It only checks the balances of the address, you don't need private keys at all.

You can check your friends address or any other address in particular doesnt have to be yours.

It's basically a tool to quickly check multiple addresses balance, even I use it, but as I said earlier, just use if on a pc that has no bitcoin wallets on it, you will see that its perfectly ok.

I can sell you the source code if you want for 0.02 BTC to test it yourself?  Smiley
btcdlc

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:54:24 PM

Code placed to BTCDLC a vendor site, but for FREE, still free to download. They virus checked aswell so it's safe to use.

Just a clarification: this is incorrect. BTCDLC does not virus check because we don't actually host any content that is for sale; all content resides on individual vendors' Dropbox accounts.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:04:28 PM

Lol so you are saying that we should put the source code there for free so that others can steal it and make one of their own? No chance, we worked 1 week on this software, that is a valuable time and effort.

If you really don't trust me then just use it on a different PC with no Bitcoin related content on it as simple as that.
Users here only download software that is safe. And the only way to check is through the source code. If you dont want to provide it, nobody will download it. Thats how things work here.
Every single altcoin, also the very successful ones AND bitcoin provide their sourcecode. Why dont you?

It took a week to code? No, seriously, I could just do something like that in 10 minutes in Excel and convert that into a .exe through Visual Studios.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:40:54 PM

why would someone use this instead of bitcoin-qt or any other wallet??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: