Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AltSheets AltFolio = AltCoin PortFolio - auto-updating spreadsheet & dataserver  (Read 19052 times)
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 10:13:48 PM

On my dataserver logs, I can see that you have connected your sheetcopy
with the dataserver, and already input your first coinnames - very good.

That is, by the way, everything that I can know about your portfolio
* the coin names, and * your choice of exchanges where to pull the data from.

(I cannot see your balances, as the sheetcopy is your personal copy where
only you have access. Just wanted to clarify that. I am privacy aware myself.)

Sounds as if you are looking for a database where
you can store all the information related to each of your coins.

I already got that database but I hate updating it.

And with "updating" ... you mean the current last price, or the trading volume, or the last 7hours price change?

Yes, that is what AltFolio is really useful for.

I'l post some pics so you can see how data is organized.
Cool. Interesting to see how people organize their knowledge.

However, if it contains personal data, better send it by email.

Is there anyway to link your server with my database or I have to move my database to your doc?
As usual, there are many ways to do it.
Depends a bit on the details, and goals.

Is your database also a GoogleSheet?

Perhaps then you can try to use the IMPORTRANGE function.
That way, you do not have to change the AltFolio GoogleSheet at all, and thus avoid breaking it.

But you can still pull the data out.

Please read this help page: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093340

I can also build a custom thing for you. Let's discuss that by email.

Cheesy

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 06:12:06 PM

That was an interesting session. It inspired me to publish parts as a FAQ now ...

AltFolio FAQ

retweet
please - thx.

read the 2 FAQ pages here: everyone, nonoobs.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:25:57 PM

Nice one. Keep it up. Keep updating it and you won't go wrong. Looks like the start of something very good Smiley
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:21:14 PM

Nice one. Keep it up.
Yes, I know - I am on to something there.

Data driven trading is helping my own trading much,
to avoid bad trades,
to react faster
to not to overlook and miss opportunities,
to keep an overview of my portfolio,
etc.

- and AltFolio is the publicly available part. To share parts of
my creations with other users - is making that product better.

Keep updating it and you won't go wrong.
Help me to sell it more often ;-)  then I can afford the time to upgrade it more.
Next thing I am trying out right now is a daily history function, so that
I can later see how it actually happened when I got to my first million  ;-D

Looks like the start of something very good Smiley

Very nice -
thank you

for the
flowers.
      :-)

Please you spend some time with it. Feedback is much appreciated.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 04:08:43 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 04:26:12 PM by altsheets

AltFolio.ddns.net

surprising new homepage

Please retweet - thx!
tweet with image             or       only text

Please email this your friends too. When buyers had mentioned you as 'referral code', you'll earn money.

Smiley

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:51:09 AM

Do not use the old donation addresses anymore
- but they are gone from your sheetcopy now anyways.

So cool.

I had forgotten that whole functionality actually - but now it came in VERY handy.

retweet - thx.

(their tweet that made me realize it)

Wink

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 02:55:01 PM

Totally off-topic ... but a brilliant list of "life-hacks".
Thanks to David Orban, and his good newsletter. Literally cited:

--- --- ---

Peter's Laws
Peter Diamandis is the founder of XPRIZE, Singularity University, and many other fascinating initiatives. He formulated his provocative laws, which for me have always been an inspiration! Now they have also been translated into Italian, and other translations are ongoing.

If anything can go wrong, Fix It!!... to hell with Murphy!
When given a choice... take both!!
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
Start at the top then work your way up.
Do it by the book ... but be the author!
When forced to compromise, ask for more.
If you can’t win, change the rules.
If you can’t change the rules, then ignore them.
Perfection is not optional.
When faced without a challenge, make one.
“No” simply means begin again at one level higher.
Don't walk when you can run.
When in doubt: THINK!
Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself!
The ratio of something to nothing is infinite.
You get what you incentivize.
If you think it is impossible, then it is... for you.
An expert is someone who can tell you exactly how it can’t be done.
The day before something is a breakthrough it’s a crazy idea.
If it were easy it would have been done already.
Without a target you’ll miss it every time.
Fail early, fail often!
If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
The world’s most precious resource is the persistent and passionate human mind.
Bureaucracy is an obstacle to be conquered with persistence, confidence and a bulldozer when necessary.

You can find the original English language poster ready for printing online, and the Italian language poster, too.

--- --- ---

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:22:53 PM

I'm using this service and it working fine for me.
why there no more people using it?  Huh
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 07:49:26 PM

Sorry for not answering earlier. Busy winter.

Great, I am happy. Thanks for posting!  

PM me, and I'll gift you a serial extension.

Perhaps you also want to tweet/facebook about  altfolio.ddns.net?  Are you interested in a reseller bonus?

why there no more people using it?  Huh

That is a puzzling question for myself too.

I have powerusers who have queried my dataserver already more than 100,000 times.

Probably there is some "spreadsheet fear" illness out there :-) But I think I did a good job at making it as easy as possible.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:57:00 AM

Sorry for not answering earlier. Busy winter.

Great, I am happy. Thanks for posting!  

PM me, and I'll gift you a serial extension.

Perhaps you also want to tweet/facebook about  altfolio.ddns.net?  Are you interested in a reseller bonus?

Thanks but i'm busy now so I dont think I could sell too many.
Anyway if you want to give me a reseller bonus if I get new people, it's fine for me  Smiley

why there no more people using it?  Huh

That is a puzzling question for myself too.

I have powerusers who have queried my dataserver already more than 100,000 times.

Probably there is some "spreadsheet fear" illness out there :-) But I think I did a good job at making it as easy as possible.

I think wallst people will be more used to using spreadsheets, so it may be there the opportunity.
some ads could also help  Wink
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:50:25 PM

Hi,

how is all going over here?

new users coming into cryptos during this months, do they know about this awesome product?

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 04:31:17 PM

Hi,

how is all going over here?
Very good, thanks for asking.

Just very busy. But busy in a good way  Wink

new users coming into cryptos during this months,
Yes, I am seeing that. There is renewed interest in my product.

do they know about this awesome product?

hey - what about you making them aware?  Become a reseller. I am willing to share a chunk of my profit.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:23:20 PM

Hi,

I'm not getting any single piece of data in my sheet  Huh

Please solve it...
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 07:09:22 AM

solved. apologies.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:09:58 PM

thanks!
Utomo

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:20:35 AM

what is the status ? there is no update for long time
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:52:23 PM

what is the status ? there is no update for long time

People are using it. I am using it. It has not caught on virally though.
I offer reseller bonus, PM me if you are good at selling SaaS.

The CMC part is offline at the moment, because the data intermediary I had been using for years,
to get preformatted CMC data, is suddenly offline, and does not seem to come back up.
The only choice I have now, is rebuild that part of the API fetchers. Which I will do ASAP.

GoogleSheets has introduced a new layer of "security", so initially it takes a few
more clicks to authenticate my code to be allowed to run and call my backend server;
but that needs to be done only once, so no big issue.
Sometimes GoogleSheets is failing, and that creates hickups in my frontend
- but as that is on Google's side, I cannot do anything but ask for patience until they are back on track.

Other than that, all is working well. Especially the Python Dataserver backend.
There have been literally hundreds of thousands of calls to my server.
I am impressed myself at how stable it runs.
Today I have just restarted the whole dataserver - it had been running flawlessly for 248 days.

Are you using AltFolio yourself?

Wanna try?   http://altfolio.ddns.net

Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:12:03 PM

0.23BTC is not $98 anymore Smiley
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:41:22 PM

0.23BTC is not $98 anymore Smiley
Very true. Wow what a rise since only 2y ago. If only I had kept more BTC from back then  Wink

Translate the USD price yourself.

Do you like altfolio ?

Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:36:43 PM

Frankly, didn't try it...I was just checking for portfolio app that could pull data directly from API
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: