Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Players Of The Future  (Read 5193 times)
kitarohotono (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:57:40 AM

To me it seems that Bitcoin remains the no. 1 crypto currency "type of system", at least in the near future.

But there's upcoming big players in the alt / asset world, and in this topic we put together
and compare (not bash!) new groundbreaking tech and possible consequences ( to society,
economy, internet...) of those potential future currencies / assets / projects.

Ethereum
MaidSafeCoin
SuperNET
InstantDEX
etc

This topic is not about coming here and post an ad of your upcoming P&D coin X or
"your project and tech sucks, this X coin is better (because I own X coin)".

Let's discuss  Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:22:25 AM

NXT, Supernet and InstantDEX are pretty much the same thing.  InstantDEX is part of SuperNET, but SuperNET runs on top of NXT.  You need NXT to use InstantDEX.  This is the true descendant of Bitcoin and heir to the legacy of decentralization.

The other two coins you mentioned are corporate coins.  Ethereum was started by former Goldman Sachs employees and I'm sure is still under their control.  MaidSafe is pointless because everything you have to pay to do on MaidSafe, you can do for free on I2P.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:31:13 AM

NXT, Supernet and InstantDEX are pretty much the same thing.  InstantDEX is part of SuperNET, but SuperNET runs on top of NXT.  You need NXT to use InstantDEX.  This is the true descendant of Bitcoin and heir to the legacy of decentralization.

The other two coins you mentioned are corporate coins.  Ethereum was started by former Goldman Sachs employees and I'm sure is still under their control.  MaidSafe is pointless because everything you have to pay to do on MaidSafe, you can do for free on I2P.
to clarify...

SuperNET uses NXT for many things, but not everything SuperNET does even requires NXT. Also SuperNET is community of over 400 people with literally dozens of projects, it is an ever expanding combination of coins, assets and services.

InstantDEX is just one of the SuperNET projects. Also NXT has a LOT more things than SuperNET and they are not really directly comparable as SuperNET is a network/collection of anything that is helping crypto.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:16:39 AM

Let's discuss  Smiley

Check DeBuNe.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:41:31 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 03:03:42 PM by Daedelus

Buy BDSM, Nibble and Confessioncoin

Cool
3rdStryker

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:40:55 AM

Skynet!  Wink
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:21:46 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 09:44:47 AM by 0nlyBTC

I for one am very interested in PoI, Proof of Importance.

PoI IMO could be significant in the crypto-scene. For the first time ever the New Economy Movement (NEM) is attempting to implement an algorithm not based on how much coin you own or how many miners you own. But how important your node is to the network. IMO maintaining the network should be priority in any cryptocurrency. Incentive to maintain the network through "Harvesting" using PoI is beautifully symbiotic. Not everyone can purchase a multi-million dollar mining operation or stake large amounts of money for interest. PoI allows anyone to participate in NEM no matter how much XEM they he or she owns. This allows equal opportunity to everyone not a select few.  
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

I for one am very interested in PoI, Proof of Importance.

PoI IMO could be significant in the crypto-scene. For the first time ever the New Economy Movement (NEM) is attempting to implement an algorithm not based on how much coin you own or how many miners you own. But how important your node is to the network. IMO maintaining the network should be priority in any cryptocurrency. Incentive to maintain the network through "Harvesting" using PoI is beautifully symbiotic. Not everyone can purchase a multi-million dollar mining operation or stake large amounts of money for interest. PoI allows anyone to participate in NEM no matter how much XEM they he or she owns. This allows equal opportunity to everyone not a select few.  

I have not looked into it, but anything can be gamed if you have the money right ?

If it is based on reliability and other metrics, people with money could host their nodes on enterprise grade hosting while the common folk host it on residential grade dsl connections that may or may not go offline. Also if everyone can pay for the same access no one would have an advantage so what happens then? I guess the only making money there would be hosting providers.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

autodiv

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:41:29 PM

The big player that will win will be the one who masters the art of marketing cryptocurrency to newbies.

kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:01:04 PM

Pokereum could be a major player this year. Crowdfunding opens soon.

Crypto needs a killer app to bring in more fiat, poker is undoubtably a killer app for Jo Sixpack

http://www.pokereum.io/
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:20:47 PM

A yet silent but promising one is also Tau-Chain (Zennet), I think:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309

and not to forget NEM ;-)
liliwang

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

i hope ether get money becuz i buyed it!

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:55:44 PM

Nothing to discuss here.

You already mentioned the three promising ones.
Ethereum
NXT/Supernet
Maidsafe

But the winner will be the one who uses Jinn at first.  Wink

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

A yet silent but promising one is also Tau-Chain (Zennet), I think:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309

and not to forget NEM ;-)

awesome! you're the only one has not forgotten NEM   Cheesy
NEM would be the top player this year

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 06:06:17 PM

Monero
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:27:51 PM

Can you people not read the OP?

This topic is not about coming here and post an ad of your upcoming P&D coin X or

you're kidding. of course noone will talk about coins, he don't have. why wouldn't he buy them, if he found them good??
And honestly nearly all coins mentioned here are worth being mentioned. you never know, whats gonna happen...
I myself have a spread of about 30 promising coins.
liliwang

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:11:47 PM

Can you people not read the OP?

you're kidding. of course noone will talk about coins, he don't have. why wouldn't he buy them, if he found them good??
And honestly nearly all coins mentioned here are worth being mentioned. you never know, whats gonna happen...
I myself have a spread of about 30 promising coins.

u have many coins! hope riches find you!

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:12:06 AM

the list above, forgot blocknet (maybe even bitswift)

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 04:23:44 AM

Also, the list above forgot UTokens  Grin

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:03:31 AM

Ethereum was started by former Goldman Sachs employees and I'm sure is still under their control. 
Lol!

And the CIA. Don't forget the CIA!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: