Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The cancer of BitcoinTalk - Darkcoin Fanboys  (Read 4777 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GTO911 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:58:57 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 09:43:45 AM by GTO911

This is a community of sheeps worshipping their cult God - Scammer Evan

Nobody even slightly intelligent should engage in questioning with them. Because their God has told them that they are going to the moon. They have become so emotionally blinded by the God that they turn hostile to anyone even trying to question their God

So how did God Evan create the masterpiece -

1. Copy bitcoin code( made by someone else)

2. Copy coinjoin( made by someone else)

3. 1+2= Voila! Innovation descends from the skies

But wait, there is a problem, the masterpiece broke even before a handful of devotees put their eyes on it. God is clueless, applies a makeshift patch. But what about the large amount of coins mined before?

Should we relaunch? Asked somebody

How dare anyone question God, these will be sold at cheap prices peasants, says the God.

Roars of cheers can be heard.

On a serious note, the only success Evan has achieved is keeping the Scam going on for an year. Why is that? because our planet has a severe shortage of intelligent people.

And for anyone intelligent - This is the reality

extremely interesting thread...what struck my eye was the slow validations which can cause a major clog with transactions when Dark Coin (based off of CoinJoin) gets bigger, right? The more coins transacted the slower the confirmations am I right in saying that?
No, not in a meaningful sense. Validation is very cheap. You do run into block size limits if you're trying to transact too much at once, but any privacy system is limited in its privacy by transaction volume.

"Dark Coin" really strikes me as pointless. The whole idea in coinjoin is that coinjoin is already part of the design of Bitcoin. There is no advantage in having a new and different system. If you're going to do something incompatible, losing Bitcoin's network effect in the process, then you can do something much stronger.

It also depresses me somewhat to see people talking about darkcoin (or even zerocoin/zerocash) when bytecoin has a privacy system with much better properties than CoinJoin (it's similar to CJ except you safely join with offline coin holders, and all users are participants), something made possible by the fact that it doesn't have to fit within the existing Bitcoin network, and it's completely practical, reasonably performant and deployed for some time now. But strangely, it's virtually unheard of...  Bytecoin's privacy properties are in some sense weaker than zerocoin's— since its like a supercharged coinjoin— but the cryptography is much stronger and much more efficient, so in practice I'd expect it to have better anonymity just due to it being much more practical (also as evidence to it existing as a deployed system).  ... so yea, if you actually are interested in privacy technology in a non-bitcoin system, Bytecoin seems to have pretty much nailed it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/227369807/Bitcoin-Coinjoin-Not-Anonymous-v01

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:14:46 AM

its called cognitive dissonance...
drk is a coin for people hoping for a quick buck - it will last until drk-masters decide to sell. after that people can think freely again Wink

lets hope they dont have to much adoption outside cryptoland until then - the consequences for all cryptos would be very harsh

(lets imagine drk mass adoption and in ten years the next snowden comes and tells that all transactions are already cleartext for nsa. swift desaster would be peanuts compared to that)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
GTO911 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

poor OP .. deleting my posts because he cant handle criticisme

OP score so far :

FUD / Troll : 10
Intelligent use of brain : 0

One more post and you are reported
GTO911 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:35:29 PM

And you all think XMR is totally safe ? Naivety everywhere

but the cryptography is much stronger and much more efficient - Gregory Maxwell [Bitcoin Core Developer]
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:36:00 PM

I really don't enjoy that drk-bashing recently. It reminds me of the smear-campaign against Monero last year. All those threads appearing at the same time against drk code, insta-mine, community and what not... doesn't really look like an organic debate but a coordinated FUD rush.

Best technology will win the game in the long run, I don't see the point of all that trollrama. There's no dignity in that.

(Disclaimer: I don't own any darkcoin)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

I really don't enjoy that drk-bashing recently. It reminds me of the smear-campaign against Monero last year. All those threads appearing at the same time against drk code, insta-mine, community and what not... doesn't really look like an organic debate but a coordinated FUD rush.

Best technology will win the game in the long run, I don't see the point of all that trollrama. There's no dignity in that.

I don't think its a coordinated FUD rush - I think people just have opinions, and they happen to get excited about them at the same time, and they happen to feel motivated if they see others in their immediate community showing up and adding to the conversation. At least thats on the monero side. I have no idea about the anti-monero stuff that happened before. I mean, I can tell you there's no chatter on monero IRC like "hey, lets all FUD DRK! Yeah!" and then tippero rains coins on everyone.

Regardless, it makes for boring reads when following a thread.

I've read the rationale for the continued "trollrama", as you put it - and my take was that its really to make sure there is content for denizens of the internet to come across when they decide to enter into cryptocurrencies such that they can make an educated decision regarding where their efforts will go. I mean, if one ends up in the darkcoinforum (https://darkcointalk.org/), there's 1 narrative there.

Whereas if they end up in bitcointalk, there are a lot of narratives.

For me, thats the reason behind the "trollrama". If new people come into this space, how do they know if they're in a hype echo chamber or not? The answer, of course, is that people are engaged in critical conversation. I came into this space not long ago, and with DRK I read about the instamine (or whatever DRK supporters call it to pacify themselves) and the privacy technology. I read about Monero's community takeover, the de-optimized miner (which, by the way, was implemented by the bytecoin / cryptonote greed team, and thus was inherited by all early cryptonote coins, not just monero, as detailed by the one that found the problem here: http://da-data.blogspot.com/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html)

Quote from: David Andresen, a friggin computer scientist
My strong belief is that the skepticism was warranted: Here's the original slow-hash from bytecoin as it was copied into Bitmonero.  It has some doozies.  For example, on line 100, you might note that for every iteration through an inner loop repeated tens of thousands of times, the AES key is re-imported into the library.  The later loop, starting on line 113, is repeated half a million times, and is so abstracted through lots of memcpys and pointer manipulation it's hard to tell that all it really does is one round of AES encryption, a pointer dereference into a random scratchpad, a 64 bit multiplication, and another pointer dereference.  Phew.  This original code was roughly 50x slower than my final optimized code, and could have easily been used to fake two years of blockchain data on a single computer or a small cluster.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Bitmonero was a fork of Bytecoin designed to not have the 80% premine.  But its initial developer either didn't know, didn't care, or wanted to profit from the de-optimized hashing.  That initial developer was pretty quickly given the boot by the community, and in came an unrelated group of developers who took it over---who were, as far as I can tell, completely unaware of the deoptimization.  So things sat there for a few weeks in the same state as Bytecoin.

I read about ringsignatures (even though still don't fully understand cryptography, understood the concept enough to go "huh, thats totally different than bitcoin).

Do call it trollroma or whatever, but in my mind its just a public service to prevent pages upon pages of one side of the story. Now, I hope that Evil-K comes back with any progress on that de-anonymizing DRK blockchain explorer (and I hope he targets this blinded masternode thing on their testnet), but like all things bitcoin, it will probably take him a while because, yah know, this aint his job.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:42:12 PM

I have to say I've been vocal on one of the threads, out of a personal interest in speaking out against their dangerous technology and ethically questionable history. But I haven't even noticed the other threads (I guess this one counts though). If there is a "campaign" of some kind, its certainly not obvious, but maybe you are right.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:46:45 PM

And you all think XMR is totally safe ? Naivety everywhere

Nothing is perfectly safe and we've even been working hard on breaking it so we can fix it (see MRL reports). There is a difference between possibly having weaknesses or bugs and having a terribly weak and even dangerous design to begin with. Very different.
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:57:54 PM

Paid trolling, and of course a few genuine people in between with skin in the game. It's very obvious. It's the same spiel, it's the same ad hominem and fallacies applied. It's the same script. It's the same denial of actual arguments and the same dodging of questions.

I don't trust the market price, and selling coins to yourself for your own btc is a real thing happening.

The community is not as big as it is played out to be. The adoption is not as big as is played out to be. It's smoke and mirrors gentlemen.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:02:04 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 03:19:24 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:32:15 PM

The Cancer of BTC is the P&D groups.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:11:43 PM

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

It appears that a large number of supporters of other coins are trying to fight Darkcoin at the moment.

There are those that target DRK because of it's market share. they are the bagholders that want to dump. I ignore them. On the flip side there are those that truly care about crypto and try to help the community. They are pretty easy to spot as well. You won't see them shilling coins, even their own. Wink

Thats not to say they won't drop into a thread to set the record straight. Personally I don't see how they have the patience for it. I say let the morons be fools. We all know what happens with fools and their money. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Zoomer

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:08:11 AM

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

It appears that a large number of supporters of other coins are trying to fight Darkcoin at the moment.

Really? No not quite just people understand that drk the instamine is terrible for crypto. What happens when even takes a dump on you all with his millions of drk? You all cry and that is another few million taken from crypto
opennux

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:41:15 AM

Follow the money.

Where did the Bitcoin/Litecoin pump and dump of late 2013 early 2014 go when it started to sell down?

People take profits and apply them elsewhere.

Ask your self where the elsewhere is and you will have your answer.

It is all the same group.

Three legs to a stool.

Hence why development of litecoin stopped? You've taken too much acid, so it's hard for us to understand what you're saying dude.
opennux

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:46:34 AM

A thief thinks everyone steals.

Understand that all the concerns being raised are valid, but a large swath of fallacies always follow to "defend" or "counter-attack". Ignoring sound advise is not the way to make the community NOR the coin stronger.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:20:23 AM

Cancer of bitcointalk is all the altcoins trying to piggyback on bitcoin's success.

Cancer of altcoin discussion section is all the shitcoins trying to piggyback on darkcoin's success.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:31:43 AM

Cancer of bitcointalk is all the altcoins trying to piggyback on bitcoin's success.

Cancer of altcoin discussion section is all the shitcoins trying to piggyback on darkcoin's success.

All I can say illodin is I hope you make a lot of money on your DRK investment before the big dump because I can tell you are smart enough to know there isn't any steak behind that sizzle. So no illusions about what you are doing and I do mean this. You know I made my money elsewhere, perhaps in no more of a noble way, and I don't begrudge other people wanting to get a piece of the pie too. All's fair in love and crypto.
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:10:58 AM

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:16:44 AM

This jelly green jerk-off hasn't worked on his coin for days... sleepless days and nights of slamming 5-hour energy drinks, poking kittens with needles and jerkin it to drk coin memes.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:23:57 AM

This jelly green jerk-off hasn't worked on his coin for days... sleepless days and injecting 5-hour energy drinks with needles, jerking it to kittens and slamming drk coin fanboys.

FIFY
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: