Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cloud mining still profitable?  (Read 2572 times)
Berau (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:32:18 AM

Guys,

I came across this a long time ago and at that time I wasn't really sure to invest or not.

But now so much scam has collapsed, while some are pretty stable.

So should I invest in cloud mining contracts, and if yes which ones should I invest in?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:45:59 AM

Read CloudMining 101.

Most of them are scam, and even if they are legit, I don't think it's profitable.
Berau (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:47:13 AM

Read CloudMining 101.

Most of them are scam, and even if they are legit, I don't think it's profitable.

So most of them are ponzis?

I mean how can a cloud mining ponzi work? I know if they don't mine they're scamming but how can they do a ponzi out of cloud mining?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:49:15 AM

no they aren't since long time, better to hold your bitcoin, or trade them if you are good, in trading
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:56:53 AM

Nope , cloud mining is no longer profitable..a lot already closed down due to operation costs. If you manage to invest on some I doubt you can make your investment back, not even in a long time.
dr1980m

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:45:27 PM

now it isn't
but maybe i it will if bit coin prices increase more then 300 dollars..
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:58:21 PM

cloud mining was never profitable. Don't put your money into these ponzi's. Look at how pbmining.com turned out.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
ToQcHista

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:07:56 PM

Guys,

I came across this a long time ago and at that time I wasn't really sure to invest or not.

But now so much scam has collapsed, while some are pretty stable.

So should I invest in cloud mining contracts, and if yes which ones should I invest in?

I advise you will use this company > https://bit-x.com/

most truther , payer and reliable . nowaday .

i now  using this website.

you if don't want will buy hardware and put home therefore i advise you will use bitx.  https://bit-x.com/

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:28:46 PM

Well some of them are. In the beginning I was part of the cloudminr campaign , where it paid 18 GH/S , and I havev been able to get a positive ROI within 4 months by now
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:37:22 PM

Read CloudMining 101.

I mean how can a cloud mining ponzi work? I know if they don't mine they're scamming but how can they do a ponzi out of cloud mining?

You give them money. Instead of wasting that money by buying and operating miners, they just do the math and see how much money you would have earned , and give that money back to you.

These had been able to go on for a while because most miners would never payout the amount of money you paid in. If they did, the operator could use other people's money to payout, or just take the money and run.

If someone is actually running miner in their cloud mining you should be able to point the miners where you want them and you should be able to look on the blockchain and see fresh coins be mined, and go to your address.

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:39:43 PM

Only invest in cloud mining where you can set your own custom pool and watch your miners work.
I don't know how many such services exist besides betarigs/leasearig/miningrigrentals.
If you can't set your custom pool it's very likely to be a scam  Shocked

foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:12:18 PM

Nope. Most of cloud mining is ponzi/scam
you better hold your bitcoin, or trading it if you want more
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:26:07 PM

Cloud mining is fine if you just want to have it for testing purposes and don't mind to take a loss.

Other than that there is barely a chance nowadays to get a profit. It's just a waste of time.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:31:41 PM

Simple answer... No.

Don't waste your time, money our effort. Home mining is dead as well. Bitcoin mining has long since passed into the hands of those with (very) deep pockets and will never return to the masses.

If you really need to invest in BTC, just buy BTC. Otherwise... move along, nothing to see here.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:34:14 PM

Read CloudMining 101.

You give them money. Instead of wasting that money by buying and operating miners, they just do the math and see how much money you would have earned , and give that money back to you.

These had been able to go on for a while because most miners would never payout the amount of money you paid in. If they did, the operator could use other people's money to payout, or just take the money and run.

If someone is actually running miner in their cloud mining you should be able to point the miners where you want them and you should be able to look on the blockchain and see fresh coins be mined, and go to your address.

You could have shortened your post considerably just by saying, "most cloudmining is a Ponzi scheme".  Wink
ToQcHista

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:37:14 PM

Simple answer... No.

Don't waste your time, money our effort. Home mining is dead as well. Bitcoin mining has long since passed into the hands of those with (very) deep pockets and will never return to the masses.

If you really need to invest in BTC, just buy BTC. Otherwise... move along, nothing to see here.

A small profit is still.

should will buy very much GHS and get you many btc.

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:19:05 PM

Don't invest your bitcoins into cloud mining, most of them are scams. Hold on to your bitcoins and I suggest you make trading offers with them. Wait until bitcoin go up then you can have more options.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Berau (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:15:51 PM

Read CloudMining 101.

That's interedting... So they fake the transactions to look like they're mining and that's a ponzi?
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:33:48 PM

From Google...

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator.

Eventually, Ponzis always collapse. Early investors may actually profit but later investors get seriously screwed.
Berau (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:15:53 PM

From Google...

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator.

Eventually, Ponzis always collapse. Early investors may actually profit but later investors get seriously screwed.

So how can I know if a cloud mining company is actually mining or it's just a scam?

I.e. Is there a site that I can check the GH/S of a pool?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: