Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: want to make my own Crypto but not too sure where to start  (Read 1577 times)
UltraFRS (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:28:46 AM

Hey there folks, not sure if this is the right thread so if it isn't please feel free to move it where it belongs thanks.

I am looking into creating my own Crypto and after some research I have found numerous cloning sites, but I don't like making a clone of something that already exists.

During my free time when I'm not mining I make my own game and as such I want to create a currency around Indie Game Development, now I made a FreeCoin clone to try it out with a base value of 500 coins (coincreator.net) and it built my coin (hosted free for a day) the IndieBit, Now I want to look into making this coin a reality so Indie Game Dev's have a currency to call their own and people can pay Indie Dev's with this new altcoin.

The Indie community is huge at the moment with various Indie's on Steam, Xbox and many other platform's so having a centralized currency purely for these people would be awesome.

If anyone could provide me with some help or advice on where to start please reply.

Many Thanks
Daniel
New to Mining
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:11:26 AM

You can make a new coin easily on NXT's Monetary System.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:13:44 AM

There are a few guides out there to make normal coins if that is what you are asking. Do you have any decent programming skills?
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:29:50 AM

1) why do you want to create a crypto
2) if it's for profit do you intend to enter existing markets, a niche market or create one?
3) Is your idea doable?
4) Do you have the patience and tenacity to keep working on your project even if it seems to go slow?
5) Are you sure you want to take on something that big when as you say, you are new to mining?

UltraFRS (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:59:54 AM

Thanks will check this link out.

There are a few guides out there to make normal coins if that is what you are asking. Do you have any decent programming skills?

I have only just started using Unity and Javascript for Indie Game making but Unity also allow's for almost any language to be used so learning a new language wouldn't be too difficult. (Currently known, HTML, CSS, Ruby, RGSS, Javascript)

1) why do you want to create a crypto
2) if it's for profit do you intend to enter existing markets, a niche market or create one?
3) Is your idea doable?
4) Do you have the patience and tenacity to keep working on your project even if it seems to go slow?
5) Are you sure you want to take on something that big when as you say, you are new to mining?

1) I just want to say look I made something and it's pretty awesome :p
2) Not really for profit, If  I do make something from it then hell it's a bonus. Not too sure about entering market's that will require further research, Would rather just test it out first and have a working model more than anything.
3) Not too sure what you mean? I know there are currently over 5000 different type's of altcoins available both on the market and in certain other area's so I imagine it must be possible in some way.
4) Of course, I wasn't looking to make a quick buck (or pound in my case), if it take 2 years before it kicks of then so be it.
5) Of course I love challenging myself I thrive on challenging myself :p
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:07:29 PM

We dont need MORE
kitarohotono

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:09:02 PM

say when it's ready so we can P&D it  Smiley
UltraFRS (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:36:16 PM

IndieBit is supposed to be a currency used by Indie Dev's to sell there game's with secure functionality of using a digital wallet and a cold storage to boot (if there wallet allows for cold storage). Obviously for Indie's Dev's to accept this type of "altcoin" people would need to mine it in order or there to be a certain amount available to actually spend on these Indie Dev games, Now in theory this is the same as any other BitCoin Clone rehashed and slapped with a new name on but I will be looking to add feature's to it after it's original creation if I can learn enough about C in order to add these features.

Will be using SHA256 as standard
Block Reward will start at 50
Block Difficulty will start at 250 (+10 per block)
Block Reward Halving Rate will start at 10,000,000
Block Difficulty at BRHR will be: 2,000,050 (around 1/60 of ByteCoins current Difficulty)

(Above # will no doubt need tweaking for survivability before actual release)
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:46:31 PM

We dont need MORE competition

Fixed for you.

lol, i pity you
A10010

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:52:54 PM

We dont need MORE competition

Fixed for you.
You're welcome.

It's only competition if you have a reliable alternative not a copycat...
banksycoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:54:26 PM

Maybe take a look here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915899.0

Rather than start one from scratch Smiley

UltraFRS (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:03:56 PM

Maybe take a look here:

is this coin still mineable? and if so how would I add it to something like MinerGate (I can add new pool's to mine in the app)
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:41:18 PM

Yeah, it seem MS from Nxt is exactly what you need. You can test Nxt MS without installing Nxt. Follow the link beside my user name on the left of the screen.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
UltraFRS (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:05:23 PM

I'm using a demo account but I have to fund it with coin's in order to use the demo >_< I barely understand this site you have sent me too >_< no faq, guide or anything that I can see at least.
banksycoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:37:22 PM

Maybe take a look here:

is this coin still mineable? and if so how would I add it to something like MinerGate (I can add new pool's to mine in the app)

I know very little about this coin and am not affiliated with it any way. I just thought it seemed related to what you are trying to do. Smiley

Sebastien256

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:40:34 PM

I'm using a demo account but I have to fund it with coin's in order to use the demo >_< I barely understand this site you have sent me too >_< no faq, guide or anything that I can see at least.

Demo testnet is about to be reset soon. Someone emptied all account. I see you just create a new a account on the nxt forum. Welcome and enjoy. Ask question over there about nxt.

lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:50:47 PM

Sent you a PM with little gift, hope you like it and give it a chance!
Sebastien256

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:52:48 PM

here some info about MS. For starter.
http://nxt.org/about/monetary-system/

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:16:10 PM

The moment I've read the post title I realised that you're not the one to start your coin. OK?

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Hachoir

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:30:58 PM

Why don't you just give him the link to the monetary system wiki : http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Monetary_System

Lots of info here too : http://nxter.org/nxt-core-monetary-system/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LINKBUILD asset • Join crowdfunding Linkbuilding.io • Dividend+commission+signature-rewards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: