Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:02:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help my faucet is dying  (Read 1459 times)
neoneros (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 10:58:58 AM

My faucet is not profitable anymore, I am not too greedy, but the days I have to put in more than that I gain are alarming and eating out of my reserve. How do I keep my faucet healthy? Should I switch to another method, give out more to attract more users, or should I just pull the plug and seek my venture elsewhere?

At the moment I am running a microwallet faucet with a 100/200 payout per hour, the userrate is stable, but the ad-income is dropping rappidly.

Any tips would be welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:57:07 AM

Which ad networks are you using?
The rewards look good, and if you have a good userbase it should be fine to keep it as is for now.
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:01:44 PM

My faucet is not profitable anymore, I am not too greedy, but the days I have to put in more than that I gain are alarming and eating out of my reserve. How do I keep my faucet healthy? Should I switch to another method, give out more to attract more users, or should I just pull the plug and seek my venture elsewhere?

At the moment I am running a microwallet faucet with a 100/200 payout per hour, the userrate is stable, but the ad-income is dropping rappidly.

Any tips would be welcome.

100/200 an hour this is why you have lost interest that is know where near worth while is it?

Try like 4000/5000 every hour or 2 and see how that goes. Or try add something different to the faucet it sounds like just an average un interesting faucet and there are many of them, (no offense)  but this is why it has gone down hill because at the moment it is a waste of time for everyone involved.

Someone uses your faucet all day 24 x 2 4800satoshi any idea how much that is?

Dude that is worse than slave labor lol

Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:03:29 PM

Do you have a referral program?

Do you block AdBlock?

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:05:25 PM

Try like 4000/5000 every hour or 2
That is way too much, there is no way you can get that back from one user in 1 or 2 hours.
cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:41:12 PM

Try like 4000/5000 every hour or 2
That is way too much, there is no way you can get that back from one user in 1 or 2 hours.

And the problem with that is that people will take unfair advantage by using different browsers and IPs to login, which will be bad for the site.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:18:28 PM

What's the faucet url? I could take a look at it and suggest some ideas.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
dr1980m

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:44:34 PM

you should found some ads..
how can u find..
you can check them with google Wink
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:51:44 PM

If it is not bringing in any profit then I am going to suggest you hand it over to someone else, meaning sell it.

People get bored of faucets who don't pay much and yours don't. It's a tricky situation with the faucets. If you pay more you don't know if you're gonna make that much back from the ads, if you pay too little you're not gonna get any hits at all and not make any money.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:56:12 PM

Try adding other faucets with referrals attached into your faucet. Also is your faucet with landofbitcoin?

neoneros (OP)

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:21:28 PM

@HarryPotHead no offense taken Smiley

spicing up the faucet might be a good idea, I know it is peanuts, but is is on the rotation on several other sites like landofbitcoin. Making it run on it's own I might up it to 1000 an hour. 4000 is way too much, have not seen any faucet other than motherfaucet do that

selling it is useless, it is on a subdomain and just a simple microwallet faucet anyone can set it up, but if interested contact me Tongue

maybe I should move to another faucetprovider, faucetbox or the likes?
I am willing to put in some time to make it work.

@CrackedLogicDid not want to spam the faucet, but it's on http://bitcoins.kurai.nl, It is latched up and I have my share of referals, which I do not take in for accounting when making up the balance of the faucet, might be I still do break even, as long as my btc income is higher than what goes out the faucet has potential Smiley

finding the ad networks is no problem, I have a-ads, bitclix, adbit, coinurl and coinadvert. Maybe I should incorporate some none bitcoin ad networks, like I have on my comic website, but it is the idea that I support the bitcoin and keep it there Smiley
I don't think I use an adblock blocker.. it is an out of the box microwallet faucet

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:27:12 PM

How much advertising/promotion have you done with your faucet?  Is it popular?  Check the users; where are the majority of your visitors from?
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:31:45 PM

spicing up the faucet might be a good idea, I know it is peanuts, but is is on the rotation on several other sites like landofbitcoin. Making it run on it's own I might up it to 1000 an hour. 4000 is way too much, have not seen any faucet other than motherfaucet do that

selling it is useless, it is on a subdomain and just a simple microwallet faucet anyone can set it up, but if interested contact me Tongue

@CrackedLogicDid not want to spam the faucet, but it's on http://bitcoins.kurai.nl, It is latched up and I have my share of referals, which I do not take in for accounting when making up the balance of the faucet, might be I still do break even, as long as my btc income is higher than what goes out the faucet has potential Smiley

finding the ad networks is no problem, I have a-ads, bitclix, adbit, coinurl and coinadvert. Maybe I should incorporate some none bitcoin ad networks, like I have on my comic website, but it is the idea that I support the bitcoin and keep it there Smiley
I don't think I use an adblock blocker.. it is an out of the box microwallet faucet

Take a look at http://antiblock.org/. Also try get an english version to get more people on the faucet. I'm going to be honest with you, the design isn't the best.

neoneros (OP)

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:00:56 PM

Take a look at http://antiblock.org/. Also try get an english version to get more people on the faucet. I'm going to be honest with you, the design isn't the best.

I like the honesty!

English might be better, design is too blocky, will look into that and might give it a try, will anounce it when done, maybe in a week or two Tongue

OmegaCollector

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 06:47:50 PM

Also, where it says "100 satoshi was sent to your Microwallet.org account." it's much too small, people can't even see that they've won something. And you should go through the forum, and every time someone says they've setup a rotator, make sure your faucet is added.

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:56:00 PM

Another point of should raise. The address input and captcha is quite low. It should be raised to a higher position.

neoneros (OP)

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:24:45 AM

Thanks for all the pointers, they are realy helpfull!

I have upped my payout to 500/h and a 1% to win 1000, have to wait and see how fast my balance gets drained this week.
the faucet is placed higher up. Small changes, the rest will come, I might even move it to my main page and not the subdomain.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: