Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Selfie Trend’ Officially Declared a 'mental disorder'  (Read 4155 times)
irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:11:46 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 12:34:19 PM by irfan_pak10

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has confirmed today that taking selfies is not just a ‘new trend’ but a mental disorder.

Officially known as ‘selefits', the mental disease is defined as a ‘compulsive urge to take one’s self and get social approval by posting them on social sites.’

The APA made the baffling discovery during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago today. According to doctors, taking selfies is one way to boost self-esteem and fill in emotional gaps.

APA further explained three different levels of the mental disorder as following

Borderline selfitis: capturing self-images at least thrice a day but refraining from posting them on social media. Judging from the bombardment of selfies on our social media walls, it means 75% female and 50% male population are demented.
Acute selfitis: The symptoms for this level includes taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
Chronic selfitis:  Overpowering urge to take photos of one’s self  constantly and  sharing them social media more than six times a day
According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

How many off you has this Disorder?
If you have this disorder please try to avoid it.

Thanks

Edit: Source: http://www.brandsynario.com/selfie-trend-officially-declared-a-mental-disorder

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:15:31 PM

The thing is not many confess to have a mental disorder to begin with anyway lol but also if like me there are alot of people in bitcoin who dislikes social media and gave that crap up awhile ago, this fro what i witnessed is a majority of females who do this (no offense chicks) but it is. There is a cure for it just stop using social media for a few weeks job done.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:17:36 PM

ppfff feeding the facial reco algos... nothing else... what ever you want the chimps to do, they will, just show them how "cool" it is... pikers, simpletons, sheeple, who cares...

money is faster...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:23:41 PM

Can you please post a news source properly? I'm getting tired of having to remind topic posters about this, especially if you're talking about this kind of stupid bullshit and EVERYTHING young people do is a mental disorder according to fucking old people, it happened with gaming too and I can guarantee you that it's going to happen with cryptocurrencies.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:27:14 PM

Can you please post a news source properly? I'm getting tired of having to remind topic posters about this, especially if you're talking about this kind of stupid bullshit and EVERYTHING young people do is a mental disorder according to fucking old people, it happened with gaming too and I can guarantee you that it's going to happen with cryptocurrencies.

It's a parody, a joke...

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:30:00 PM

It's a parody, a joke...

A bad one in that case lol -_-
BitMos

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:30:34 PM

the American psychological association is aimed continuously by Wall Street... understand where the name come from Wall Street... those should do the intellectuals... do they know what is behind "intelligentsia wiping"? Do they know how it works, in details... I mean the hands in the blood? they have no idea... so no fear...

The only thing that isn't a mental disorder for them is 1 Obey 2. Obey and give your daughters wife gf to the men in charge. that's it. they want their cut of the meat... so they serve the oligarchs in power in the usa (and the west, and most nations having them as models).

money is faster...
irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:33:55 PM

Posted above in the main post.

But its true i read it on many site and my teacher also said about this.  Just good it about selfie disorder you will find many links
You can also google it. i think you have this disorder lol  Grin

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Monetizer

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:37:18 PM

I mean I wouldn't really consider it a disorder myself but I kinda get why they could put it like that.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:38:02 PM

Thanks

lol, are you seriously asking this question in a geeky bitcoin forum ?  Roll Eyes
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:38:45 PM

But its true i read it on many site and my teacher also said about this.  Just good it about selfie disorder you will find many links

Because school teachers are always reliable source of information Smiley also, no I don't fucking selfie lol
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:40:19 PM

by this news, 4/3 peoples in the earth having this mental disorder..
Probably i'm not having disorder.....
cheekychap

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:43:54 PM

That makes more than half the world suffering with a mental disorder. Does sound awkward.

irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:44:57 PM

Because school teachers are always reliable source of information Smiley also, no I don't fucking selfie lol

LOL im not talking about school teacher, im in university, and my teacher is a PROFESSOR. I think you know who is a professor?
Professor has the latest information and these are authentic i think.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
A10010

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:45:29 PM

That looks about right. Smiley
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

My cat suffers from selfie disorder.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:56:00 PM

LOL im not talking about school teacher, im in university, and my teacher is a PROFESSOR. I think you know who is a professor?

Oh fuck me that's even worse.
BitMos

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:11:02 PM

My cat suffers from selfie disorder.

Cats are weird, man...

but they kill without doubt or sacrificed themselves when the lives of their offspring is threatened, all claws out. that's the core they aimed for thousand of years to destroy... make you accept the suffering of those bads... useless.

money is faster...
Bytty

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:19:03 PM

Oh c'mon, he was being sarcastic for sure.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:16:49 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 03:26:58 PM by tee-rex

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has confirmed today that taking selfies is not just a ‘new trend’ but a mental disorder.

Officially known as ‘selefits', the mental disease is defined as a ‘compulsive urge to take one’s self and get social approval by posting them on social sites.’

The APA made the baffling discovery during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago today. According to doctors, taking selfies is one way to boost self-esteem and fill in emotional gaps.

APA further explained three different levels of the mental disorder as following

Borderline selfitis: capturing self-images at least thrice a day but refraining from posting them on social media. Judging from the bombardment of selfies on our social media walls, it means 75% female and 50% male population are demented.
Acute selfitis: The symptoms for this level includes taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
Chronic selfitis:  Overpowering urge to take photos of one’s self  constantly and  sharing them social media more than six times a day
According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

Thanks

Edit: Source: http://www.brandsynario.com/selfie-trend-officially-declared-a-mental-disorder

It feels more like the American Psychiatric Association found a new Klondike. Selfitis sounds as scary as syphilis, they seem to be really great at marketing their shit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: