Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:33:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Selfie Trend’ Officially Declared a 'mental disorder'  (Read 4155 times)
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:32:57 PM

How many off you has this Disorder?
If you have this disorder please try to avoid it.

I stand by my record of never having taken a selfie although i have got caught up in 1 or 2 others.  Seems like a legit mental disorder though good work American Psychiatric Association!
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:51:32 PM

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has confirmed today that taking selfies is not just a ‘new trend’ but a mental disorder.

Officially known as ‘selefits', the mental disease is defined as a ‘compulsive urge to take one’s self and get social approval by posting them on social sites.’

The APA made the baffling discovery during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago today. According to doctors, taking selfies is one way to boost self-esteem and fill in emotional gaps.

APA further explained three different levels of the mental disorder as following

Borderline selfitis: capturing self-images at least thrice a day but refraining from posting them on social media. Judging from the bombardment of selfies on our social media walls, it means 75% female and 50% male population are demented.
Acute selfitis: The symptoms for this level includes taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
Chronic selfitis:  Overpowering urge to take photos of one’s self  constantly and  sharing them social media more than six times a day
According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

Thanks

Edit: Source: http://www.brandsynario.com/selfie-trend-officially-declared-a-mental-disorder

Wow!

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:05:41 PM

I stand by my record of never having taken a selfie although i have got caught up in 1 or 2 others.  Seems like a legit mental disorder though good work American Psychiatric Association!

Imagine your self working in a profession that his the official and unofficial sole enemy of Wall Street? that's called the American Psychiatric Association! gambling an illness... my goodness. If you knew what's awaits them, you would have pity (or prepare pop corn depending of your orientation toward buying and selling).

money is faster...
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:16:39 PM

With nearly 400 (and growing) to chose from, NOT having a mental disorder nowadays is abnormal.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932419.0

BitMos

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:18:55 PM

With nearly 400 (and growing) to chose from, NOT having a mental disorder nowadays is abnormal.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932419.0

their plan next is to impose multiple disorder, so they can feed you more pills (with more side effects, to feed you again more pills) forget... all to the KL.

for me the most painfull to watch is those mothers (those just good to spread their legs in hope of some do) that start to believe those "doc" like they were what ever... it's so tragic, and so young kids (or even babies) are already on medication... fucked up... (but don't forget for girls they just want to fuck, they don't care if you have a brain or not).

money is faster...
kitarohotono

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:24:21 PM

In 1960s a culture where people are obsessed of taking pictures of themselves would have sound like dystopian science fiction....
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:24:35 PM

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has confirmed today that taking selfies is not just a ‘new trend’ but a mental disorder.

Officially known as ‘selefits', the mental disease is defined as a ‘compulsive urge to take one’s self and get social approval by posting them on social sites.’

The APA made the baffling discovery during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago today. According to doctors, taking selfies is one way to boost self-esteem and fill in emotional gaps.

APA further explained three different levels of the mental disorder as following

Borderline selfitis: capturing self-images at least thrice a day but refraining from posting them on social media. Judging from the bombardment of selfies on our social media walls, it means 75% female and 50% male population are demented.
Acute selfitis: The symptoms for this level includes taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
Chronic selfitis:  Overpowering urge to take photos of one’s self  constantly and  sharing them social media more than six times a day
According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

Thanks

Edit: Source: http://www.brandsynario.com/selfie-trend-officially-declared-a-mental-disorder

BitMos

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:25:09 PM

In 1960s a culture where people are obsessed of taking pictures of themselves would have sound like dystopian science fiction....

remember once the soul and the spirit are corrupted the last thing to show of is the body...

I love how most girls in the west love big muscles... I love it, if those youngs have the time to develop their muscles (not for war, otherwise it's the full xp) but for show... don't have the time to develop their brains... push up doesn't improve mental capabilities (in a war, survival is an art).

money is faster...
Bytty

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:41:23 PM

Origins:   On 31 March 2014, the Adobo Chronicles published an article positing that the American Psychiatric Association had classified the taking of 'selfies' (i.e., self-portrait photographs shared via social media) as a mental disorder:
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has officially confirmed what many people thought all along: taking 'selfies' is a mental disorder.

The APA made this classification during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago. The disorder is called selfitis, and is defined as the obsessive compulsive desire to take photos of one's self and post them on social media as a way to make up for the lack of self-esteem and to fill a gap in intimacy.
Soon afterwards links and excerpts referencing that article were being circulated via social media, with many of those who encountered the item mistaking it for a genuine news report. However, the article was just a fictional spoof from the Adobo Chronicles ("Your source of up-to-date unbelievable news"), a Philippine-based web site whose "About" page notes that the nature of their content is creative writing, not news:
THE ADOBO CHRONICLES is your source of up-to-date, unbelievable news. Everything you read on this site is based on fact, except for the lies.

We abide by the highest standards of creative writing and intend to make this site as respectable as possible to the extent allowed by our fertile mind.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/selfies.asp
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:15:03 PM

Thank god its finally confirmed, i never understood the need to make 999 selfies where ever you go. I get the feeling that people are not even enjoying the
moments they live, its much more important for them to document it and share with others, instead of living their life for thir own enjoyment.
Tech created a lot of dumb people , thats for sure.

cheers
kitarohotono

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:27:31 PM

Thank god its finally confirmed, i never understood the need to make 999 selfies where ever you go. I get the feeling that people are not even enjoying the
moments they live, its much more important for them to document it and share with others, instead of living their life for thir own enjoyment.
Tech created a lot of dumb people , thats for sure.

cheers

excactly, they are basically NSA zombie slaves
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:26:12 PM

I knew this, every time i saw a Girl on facebook with more than 10 selfies = someone who was seeking approval and has low self esteem. Thanks for the article.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:50:32 PM

I sat on a bus the other day next to a women who took about 40 selfies in about 10 minutes, she then looked through them all, posted a few, then looked through her old selfy posts.

It is at best extreme narcissism, and at worst a mental disorder. I do admit to having taken selfies before, but only so as to get a photo of me and my girlfriend somewhere, rather than asking someone to take a photo (and probably steal my phone). It still feels ridiculous but at least the lady is happy we have photos together.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:23:11 PM

Selfitis? Sounds like syphillis to me. Grin Well apparently I don't have that disease, and for the record, I haven't taken any selfies intentionally, so that means I do not possess that kind of disorder. Cheesy

Nude

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:54:17 PM

A common symptom of selfitis is the deformation of lips and cheeks also known as duck face.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:14:51 PM

I guess one of their buddies already started manufacturing the medicine... :/
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:17:19 PM

i agree i always thought of people taking the same picture over and over again to post online to get likes as mentally retarded.  i guess mental disorder is on the was to retardation so i was partially correct.
bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:05:33 PM

This is a hoax.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:35:49 PM

A common symptom of selfitis is the deformation of lips and cheeks also known as duck face.
At first it was just annoying...

but it has reached pandemic proportions.

Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:07:15 AM

When I was a kid the TV addiction was discovered. I remember my parents read about it somewhere and decided that since I'm watching TV while eating dinner I have to be sick. Somehow it didn't matter that they couldn't wake up in the morning without a cup of coffee and smoked at least 3 times a day. We are all addicts.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: