Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:32:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Selfie Trend’ Officially Declared a 'mental disorder'  (Read 4155 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:28:01 AM

Usually, the smartest time in a person's life happens when he is an infant. Infants learn oodles of new things. Long before they speak their first words, they have already mastered the spoken language of the people around them.

Watch an infant. Infants, especially toddlers who can't speak yet, are some of the most vain people around. They ham it up, especial with other infants every chance they get. They don't care if they have clothes on or not, and usually prefer the "not."

Is this a mental disorder? If it is, it has only become the worst kind in the psychologists who suggest that being a selfie is a mental disorder. At best, they are simply jealous.

Personally, I would tend to think that politics in trying to mold the thinking of people by using some psychological thinking and attitude to make people paranoid about communicating, because it is communication between us all that helps us to understand the mental disorder of trying to rule the world through politics.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
L

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:20:07 AM

Internet hoaxes, always very amusing...

Usually, the smartest time in a person's life happens when he is an infant. Infants learn oodles of new things. Long before they speak their first words, they have already mastered the spoken language of the people around them.

Watch an infant. Infants, especially toddlers who can't speak yet, are some of the most vain people around. They ham it up, especial with other infants every chance they get. They don't care if they have clothes on or not, and usually prefer the "not."

Is this a mental disorder? If it is, it has only become the worst kind in the psychologists who suggest that being a selfie is a mental disorder. At best, they are simply jealous.

Personally, I would tend to think that politics in trying to mold the thinking of people by using some psychological thinking and attitude to make people paranoid about communicating, because it is communication between us all that helps us to understand the mental disorder of trying to rule the world through politics.

Smiley

Dude, you need to stop reading Jaden Smith's twitter feed.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:48:40 AM

Internet hoaxes, always very amusing...

Smiley

Dude, you need to stop reading Jaden Smith's twitter feed.

I'm not interested in finding out who or what Jaden Smith is.

Psychologists have reasons for what they say, just like every professional field has reasons for what it says and does. As with any other profession that has been around for a long time, there are those in it who believe this way, and those who believe the opposite, and there are some things they all believe in. Politics is the same. Politics often brings us much truth. And it often brings us many lies and distorted views.

Human beings are mistake-making creatures, right from birth, and sometimes before. The fact that a few psychologists suggest that selfie-ism is a mental disorder doesn't mean that psychologists aren't, at heart, selfies as well. They simply are good at hiding what they are just like most other people. Selfies are simply more honest in some ways, even though their honesty in the selfie way may feed a potentially harmful hang-up.

The fact that politicians want to use anything that they can to make the free peoples of the world feel guilty about something, or the fact that they want to find another way to take away freedom by making it difficult just to freely live, is a well-understood truth.

Wake up, joker, and look at reality.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
A10010

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:43:57 PM

Psychologists have reasons for what they say, just like every professional field has reasons for what it says and does. As with any other profession that has been around for a long time, there are those in it who believe this way, and those who believe the opposite, and there are some things they all believe in. Politics is the same. Politics often brings us much truth. And it often brings us many lies and distorted views.

Human beings are mistake-making creatures, right from birth, and sometimes before. The fact that a few psychologists suggest that selfie-ism is a mental disorder doesn't mean that psychologists aren't, at heart, selfies as well. They simply are good at hiding what they are just like most other people. Selfies are simply more honest in some ways, even though their honesty in the selfie way may feed a potentially harmful hang-up.

The fact that politicians want to use anything that they can to make the free peoples of the world feel guilty about something, or the fact that they want to find another way to take away freedom by making it difficult just to freely live, is a well-understood truth.

Smiley

http://crazyhyena.com/imagebank/g/stupid-quotes-by-Jaden-Smith.jpg
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:05:36 AM

Smiley

Sounds like that Jaden Smith person is pretty smart.

Smiley

jerol31

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:08:44 PM

by this news, 4/3 peoples in the earth having this mental disorder..
Probably i'm not having disorder.....

I agree. Many people have this disorder, especially younger population.

They all have to make perfect selfies for their profile pictures on social networks.
j.jaymes

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:16:05 PM

If not mental disorder, it makes people more narcissist and less aware of everthing going on around them. They are there own sun and the world revolves around them. Needless to say, I dont do many selfies.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:17:42 PM

Yes, it seems true as even I hate people making funny/crazy faces, or I must say faces like pigs by taking their lips a bit ahead...
Just stop this trend guys, it ain't worth anyone's attention while you make stupid faces and think people "like" them...

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:19:27 PM

Do we think that any of this news will stop people from taking selfies in the most mundane and/or public places? We can only hope!

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:24:21 PM

Can't help by post it here, in light of this thread's title  Tongue

Riga's mayor made a selfie with an American tank:
http://www.vz.ru/news/2015/3/9/733444.html

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 4120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:17:04 PM

Can't help by post it here, in light of this thread's title  Tongue

Riga's mayor made a selfie with an American tank:
http://www.vz.ru/news/2015/3/9/733444.html

Perhaps he contracted the disease from Dmitry Medvedev (last russian president, now - prime minister).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:18:42 PM

Do we think that any of this news will stop people from taking selfies in the most mundane and/or public places? We can only hope!

Yes we should hope for the best, And eliminate all the negative things  or acts from our society. I dont want 100% result, if some left it due to this thread i think my work has been done with this thread.

Thanks

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:21:50 PM

Yes we should hope for the best, And eliminate all the negative things  or acts from our society. I dont want 100% result, if some left it due to this thread i think my work has been done with this thread.

Thanks

Why shall you care if you aren't in the selfy, are you some kind of society purifier that determines that doing selfy is a negative act or thing? I don't get how you get this prerogative... your enlightened wisdom I guess? or are you promoting video selfy? fix image is so clichay.

money is faster...
Southampton

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:30:36 PM

I don't know what it is about selfies that enrages me but it does. What's worse is those selfie sticks I've seen people using. Wtf is wrong with them? Who actually carries a stick around with them just to take pictures. It's nuts.
Bytty

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:08:54 PM

Politicians lie even at selfie-ing:

https://i.imgur.com/S1Upwcl.jpg
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:48:37 PM

It's not a mental illness but it's just a reflection of our times given the technology and vanity of youth. They're just having fun and want to capture those times. We'd all probably be doing it if we were in our teens. We must've got old.

Politicians lie even at selfie-ing:

And don't forget Obama:

MUCHSIN

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:09:16 AM

Smiley

http://crazyhyena.com/imagebank/g/stupid-quotes-by-Jaden-Smith.jpg

Sounds like that Jaden Smith person is pretty smart.

Smiley

Or he is just very stoned when he posted these tweets
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

Jaden Smith is obviously a modern prophet.... or like MUCHSIN  above he's been smoking too much ganja. Regarding the whole selfie trend I don't see the big issue with it. It's just taking a picture of yourself at the end of the day. In the 'olden days' you had to stop and ask someone to take your picture and now you dont. I think we should focus on more pressing issues to be honest.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:49:22 PM

There's a solution! I don't have a smartphone.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 4120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 04:00:38 PM

There's a solution! I don't have a smartphone.
What about tablet PC?  Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀