Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Definitive History of Bitcoin  (Read 1968 times)
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:21:26 AM

Thanks for the share, it trully is a history of bitcoin in short, and may be a good read for newcomers, its certany better than long monotonic
books and articles without graphical content.
I hope you will continue to make those, they're awesome.

cheers

I have been here awhile and that showed me a few parts of it's history that was so boringly described with wall of texts before that i chose to forget about them which is a shame but true. Yess i agree i hope you carry on designing these for the community and maybe you should leave a address for some tips because you deserve some.

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RAXS

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:27:49 AM

Every time I read one of those things I just wish I had give more attention to bitcoin when I first saw an article about it somewhere in 2011 or early 2012...
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:33:03 AM

Indeed, this is a really high-quality job.  It would be beautiful to print it out and set it up somewhere physically (an elevator shaft, a stairwell?  it's very vertical).  In any case, thanks for this great job.

This is a high quality job i agree totally. Again i agree but that is a brilliant idea to get in printed and put up in them places where public average joe will see it he/she will be sure to read it threw and pay attention because it is a cool history and it is also easy on the eye.

Great job and hope to see more when you get the time your graphical work is some of the best i have seen and i will pm you with some work when ever i have it if you are available.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:14:30 AM

You neglected to include this:

"The Great Bitcoin Lie"

When people see dollar signs in their eyes , truth is often discarded , but here's the hard truth nobody wants to hear , and is not included in any documentary history of bitcoin. From total obscurity and complete absence of use , bitcoin price was singlehandedly manipulated by 1 fraudulently operated exchange all the way from pennies to $1200 - by MtGox. I know , it's hard to hear and hard to believe , but it's the truth. The sad and true fact is , this was for years the only exchange where bitcoin was traded and where price was determined. From a valuation of pennies until it was being traded in the hundreds of dollars MtGox was the only exchange for the first several years of the history of bitcoin and it was being run as a fraudulent ponzi scheme based off of bitcoin. The entire price discovery period valuation of bitcoin from the very very beginning all the way to the very very top was entirely fraudulently accomplished using insider trading , customer deposits of fiat money , and entirely non-existent money - a house of cards which culminated in the outright theft of nearly 1 million bitcoins and collapse of the exchange. All of the merchant adoption , all of the asic mining arms race , all of the opening of new exchanges , all of the news attention ,  all of the real money put into it , all of it , everything , was predicated on an illegally fraudulently manipulated rising price of bitcoin.

Whether or not bitcoin itself was initially created with this express purpose in mind is debatable , but a distinct possibility exists that this was indeed the intent from the very beginning. Even if bitcoin was not created with the direct purpose of pulling off this con , the con was pulled all the same. Today , it is often argued that this shouldn't matter now , given the current infrastructure built for mining and the number of merchants now accepting bitcoin as payment , but the reality is the price as it exists today , the price as it has been valued , is the direct result of this one complete and total sham exchange. The price today is almost $1000 lower than the heights directly caused by MtGox and has been in continual decline ever since the collapse of the fraudulent exchange , as early buyers and early miners sell the millions of bitcoins they produced in total obscurity , miners who now immediately sell mined coins , and the criminal CEO of MtGox Mark Karpeles continues to cash in his nearly 1 million stolen bitcoins.

IT never occured to me that they might have been manipulating the price all the time , but as other people are saying , why does it even matter now ?
The bitcoin is/will survive on it's on , no one is manipulating it now and no one can , seeing how much it has grown since then.
So just sit and enjoy the ride Smiley
remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

+1

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:27:08 AM

I love this graphic! Really well done.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:35:13 AM

can someone repost the initial graphic ?
Thanks Smiley
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:56:45 AM

Wow! never knew the domain was registered in 2008
And that it was freaking 1309.30 btc per 1$
I know Pizza event had a great impact but that it was the first real public BTC transaction , just great.

BTW What happened about those 184 Billion Bitcoins ? I mean i do understand they were deleted but were they picked up by blockchain?

Wikileaks accepted btc as donation ? really ?
So Cyprus was the cause for Bitcoin Hype.

This is awesome , definitely saving it for myself Grin

Yeah really awesome, just because of pizza. according to my friend they paid it through bitcoin, after that bitcoin became popular as time goes by. it all of a sudden gave a value by the people who is business minded. Please correct me if I'm wrong or what.
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:00:38 PM

I think till Satoshi comes top real world and inform all then only we could know the exact history of bitcoin otherwise our foolish guess would be just like anything mad. So let's find satoshi first Grin then he will tell us everything about bitcoin, it's birth, it's price history it's idea and whatever we want to know.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: