Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 05:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin app turns my internet off  (Read 997 times)
philip2000uk (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:41:10 PM

Same app ive used last year on the pc now i go back on it and it stops all internet on my pc and when i end process with task manager the things like youtube suddenly work again.

It keeps doing it even with new bitcoin version i just added

Leather girls identity film2 on youtube and website link i accept bitcoin Smiley
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:52:33 PM

Does it have a name?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:02:58 PM

You must downloaded an app that is actually a bitcoin miner disguised as an app
It uses your whole computer power and internetconnectiom

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:10:24 PM

You must have downloaded an app that is actually a bitcoin miner disguised as an app

FTFY.

Also miners do not require that much bandwith. Without any knowledge about which "app" or programm OP downloaded and uses we can only speculate. So its probably best to wait for an answer first. I suspect its bitcoin core/qt and is just syncing the blockchain.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:13:48 PM

Maybe you have downloaded a trojan/virus, can you please tell us the name of this bitcoin app ? Maybe is it a bitcoin check-price app or something like that?
philip2000uk (OP)

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:08:32 PM

You must have downloaded an app that is actually a bitcoin miner disguised as an app

FTFY.

Also miners do not require that much bandwith. Without any knowledge about which "app" or programm OP downloaded and uses we can only speculate. So its probably best to wait for an answer first. I suspect its bitcoin core/qt and is just syncing the blockchain.
oh sorry yes the normal bitcoin qt from here and then i want to sell a coin as i am overdrawn in my bank  Grin

Leather girls identity film2 on youtube and website link i accept bitcoin Smiley
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:13:12 PM

Then I think your bitcoin core is trying to sync with the other nodes... and it will take some a lot of bandwidth if you hand't used core for months.
sho_road_warrior

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

PMs blocked, send answers to main.

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:02:56 PM

FTFY.

oh sorry yes the normal bitcoin qt from here and then i want to sell a coin as i am overdrawn in my bank  Grin

It will need some time to catch up on the latest blockchain events aka sync the blockchain. There should be a greenish bar at the bottom telling you how much time your version of the blockchain is behind the rest of the network. You can also see how much bandwidth its using via help -> console -> traffic (the actual words might be different, cant check that right now).

You have several options:

slow and safe: just wait, it will be done syncing eventually. How long exactly depends on your network speed, how many blocks you are missing and some other less significant factors.

faster and slightly more risky: you can export the private keys you need to spend the coins and reimport them into another slim (e.g. multibit) or online wallet. The risk depends on your knowledge regarding wallets and how to securly handle private keys.

fastest and most risky version: send someone your wallet.dat and password along with your deposit address for the exchange and let them do the transaction. Speed and risky depends on who you send it to. Someone you know personally and trust that has a fully synced bitcoin core/qt would be best.

IMHO: go with option one

-Sho

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
MashoL

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:32:12 PM

may be its some bug .
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:41:56 PM

Same app ive used last year on the pc now i go back on it and it stops all internet on my pc and when i end process with task manager the things like youtube suddenly work again.

It keeps doing it even with new bitcoin version i just added

The strange thing is you have had the same app for around a year but only now is giving problems, have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling?

I was going to say did you update utorrent recently because a 3rd party has added a silent miner if you agree to it?

If not the torrent hope you get the answers you need that must be annoying

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:43:18 PM

Yeah, it is probably just busy trying to sync or something. Maybe it will respond after a few minutes.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:48:45 PM

I also use bitcoin-qt, and even tho the sync is optimised in the latest release, it sure does take long to get it fired up, rescanning, verifying blocks, syncing with the network o_O
Just leave it on and it will be both loaded and synced, and the drain on your connection bandwidth will be minimal.

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: