Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Friend Got Banned For Nothing , Please Help !  (Read 1284 times)
Ormanbit (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:12:35 PM

Hi,

My friend on this forum called "CoinBaby" got banned from posting public or private messages for 5 days , just after he posted a WTS trade in MarketPlace.
He also received 2 PMs relating to the topic. There is a red warning on his pages saying , banned for 5 days for spamming. He didnt send any PMs to anyone.
Is this a mistake ?

He cannot contact to any admin in the forum.
Can someone help please ?

Regards,
Ormanbit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:13:51 PM

Move this thread to meta (you will see 'move this topic' or something on bottom left) and mods and admins will probably see this.
Ormanbit (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:24:35 PM

in the move section, i can see many titles but META Sad
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

You already know the reason, and that's spamming. People with low quality posts are banned by the moderators/admins. You cannot do anything about it and there is almost no chance that you will get unbanned(before 5days). Its better just to accept the ban and stay away for 5days. Also don't post anywhere except for meta using this account otherwise your account will be on a risk of getting banned permanently.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:37:56 PM

You already know the reason, and that's spamming. People with low quality posts are banned by the moderators/admins. You cannot do anything about it and there is almost no chance that you will get unbanned(before 5days). Its better just to accept the ban and stay away for 5days. Also don't post anywhere except for meta using this account otherwise your account will be on a risk of getting banned permanently.

uhh. if you take a look at coinbaby's posts, you can see that he's clearly not spamming...

tho half of his posts are in Turkish, it doesn't look like a spam to me.
thebitcoinquiz.com

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:41:00 PM

uhh. if you take a look at coinbaby's posts, you can see that he's clearly not spamming...

tho half of his posts are in Turkish, it doesn't look like a spam to me.
Well yeah. I didn't say that his posts looked of "low quality" to me. We can leave it to the wisdom of the mods to see how constructive the posts are. I don't know Turkish so I wont comment on how constructive was he while posting on Turkish Subforum. Also @OP are you sure that you weren't bumping your thread too much?

Ormanbit (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:26:09 PM

You guys are still talking about Spam. Yes he is Turkish and he doesn't even speak much, let alone spamming. He is a pro trader at locaibitcoins.com
This is totally an error / bug with the forum. If there was a few posts of him you could say it's a spam. Without sending anything how can it be a spam ?
Besides two guys sent him PM after his Trade Ad. So maybe he was spammed but didnt spam. Now my concern is , who takes care of such situation ?

This forum should have an admin and it's only a single click away to unban him. Not only this is a bugging situation but it's also not good for his reputation to stay banned for nothing , especially right after he posted his first Btc Sale ad! I'm new here, so i don't know who /how to contact the admin. If anyone of you know, just help. This topic doesn't need people commenting for him i beleive. Look at this, even I can send more messages than him in a single day as a fresh account holder.  Roll Eyes
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:37:21 PM

You guys are still talking about Spam. Yes he is Turkish and he doesn't even speak much, let alone spamming. He is a pro trader at locaibitcoins.com
This is totally an error / bug with the forum. If there was a few posts of him you could say it's a spam. Without sending anything how can it be a spam ?
Besides two guys sent him PM after his Trade Ad. So maybe he was spammed but didnt spam. Now my concern is , who takes care of such situation ?

This forum should have an admin and it's only a single click away to unban him. Not only this is a bugging situation but it's also not good for his reputation to stay banned for nothing , especially right after he posted his first Btc Sale ad! I'm new here, so i don't know who /how to contact the admin. If anyone of you know, just help. This topic doesn't need people commenting for him i beleive. Look at this, even I can send more messages than him in a single day as a fresh account holder.  Roll Eyes

The only two valid reasons for ban someone are : spam or insubstantial post (with a sig ad). I do not know other reason for ban someone ( and I think this forum is good, they ban you only if you spam or if you make some insubstantial posts , nothing else).
Ormanbit (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:52:32 PM

The only two valid reasons for ban someone are : spam or insubstantial post (with a sig ad). I do not know other reason for ban someone ( and I think this forum is good, they ban you only if you spam or if you make some insubstantial posts , nothing else).

He is my roommate and i'm aware of all his posts, He is too old to waste time with spam. He just checked his posts and there is nothing strange. If he got banned for warning people against suspecious BTC trade offers without using any heavy language, then i really doubt the quality of this forum. Turkish ones are all trade requests with a long delay between them. You can already see his posts in English, you still think there is no mistake ?  Do admins check every message if this guy was reported somehow maybe because he was trying to stop some scam attemps ? 
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:05:22 PM

He is my roommate and i'm aware of all his posts, He is too old to waste time with spam. He just checked his posts and there is nothing strange. If he got banned for warning people against suspecious BTC trade offers without using any heavy language, then i really doubt the quality of this forum. Turkish ones are all trade requests with a long delay between them. You can already see his posts in English, you still think there is no mistake ?  Do admins check every message if this guy was reported somehow maybe because he was trying to stop some scam attemps ? 

I don't know you should contact an admin and ask him but I am sure he was banned for unsolicited PMs to other users.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:08:23 PM

CoinBaby's post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=177022;sa=showPosts

The post history seems not spam for me, coinbaby doesn't even use a signature. Or maybe he spam through PM, like marcotheminer does?
Maybe he sent a lot of PMs to others, and then somebody reported him. This is the most possible explanation considering his post history is not bad at all.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:08:31 PM

So, you're an alt of him, since...we're ALL on the same dorm room LAN sharing IPs or even sharing PCs!  Grin As thebitcoinquiz.com said before you're better avoid posting outside Meta board until CoinBaby actual ban expires, if you want to avoid having all your accounts permabanned.
By the while, you may want to doublecheck forum rules, here; because, i feel you may have overstepped some rule (e.g. Bumps, "updates" are limited to once per 24 hours, or Old bumps should be deleted).

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:17:27 PM

He didnt send any PMs to anyone.

Yes he did, he was sending people unsolicited pms just this morning with links to his localbitcoins ad with the text "100% secure shopping!". I don't know why people can't just be honest when disputing their bans.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Ormanbit (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:19:09 PM

Yes he did, he was sending people unsolicited pms just this morning with links to his localbitcoins ad with the text "100% secure shopping!". I don't know why people can't just be honest when disputing their bans.

Hi Admin,

CoinBaby said he didn't know sending PM to "A" guy is spam. He thought providing a buyer, a secure method of trade was only a help, and that's the reason people gather in a marketplace. He never spammed PMs to multiple people just to advertise himself stepping over other competitors. He still apologizes if what he did is still considered as spam. He says he never though his message would cause such a ban.

Now don't you think this 5 day ban for such an indeliberate situation too much and you now know it was not done to spoil the community ?    Smiley
thebitcoinquiz.com

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:30:57 PM

Hi Admin,

CoinBaby said he didn't know sending PM to "A" guy is spam. He thought providing a buyer, a secure method of trade was only a help, and that's the reason people gather in a marketplace. He never spammed PMs to multiple people just to advertise himself stepping over other competitors. He still apologizes if what he did is still considered as spam. He says he never though his message would cause such a ban.

Now don't you think this 5 day ban for such an indeliberate situation too much and you now know it was not done to spoil the community ?    Smiley
A jr. Member offering 100% secure shopping looks a bit spammy. And I don't think it would just have been 'A' guy, and as Badbear said, you would have sent 'pms' and not a single 'pm'.
I just advice you not to push it,  else this is just going to increase you ban period. I have seen people getting banned for much long, your's is still comparatively a short period so accept it and wait for 5days to pass.
Your further explanations wont lead you anywhere.

Ormanbit (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:56:26 AM

Hi Admin,

A jr. Member offering 100% secure shopping looks a bit spammy. And I don't think it would just have been 'A' guy, and as Badbear said, you would have sent 'pms' and not a single 'pm'.
I just advice you not to push it,  else this is just going to increase you ban period. I have seen people getting banned for much long, your's is still comparatively a short period so accept it and wait for 5days to pass.

Again, it's stupid to make spam related dreams. He didn't spam anyone. One guy said he needs secure transaction, and my friend showed him how he can do it in another site. This is not a proper way of spam if you really wanna do it. And yes it was his own trade, an escrow trade. He is newbie here but a PRO somewhere else. It's more logical for a wild spammer to go send PM to anyone he sees. I see what mistake my friend did but , saying that "he should admit his spam" shows there are some people here having fun blaming others when they did't do things 100% correctly.

5 day ban is not end of life, and this place is not his bed. Just wanted to explain our concern, thanks for listenning.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:40:52 AM

Hi Admin,

Again, it's stupid to make spam related dreams. He didn't spam anyone. One guy said he needs secure transaction, and my friend showed him how he can do it in another site. This is not a proper way of spam if you really wanna do it. And yes it was his own trade, an escrow trade. He is newbie here but a PRO somewhere else. It's more logical for a wild spammer to go send PM to anyone he sees. I see what mistake my friend did but , saying that "he should admit his spam" shows there are some people here having fun blaming others when they did't do things 100% correctly.

5 day ban is not end of life, and this place is not his bed. Just wanted to explain our concern, thanks for listenning.

end of the day it would also come down to how them pms started off if their is no topic about it first anywhere on the site like saying ro asking ok pm me or ill pm you with more info and it was a pm out of random example right am going to pm you without warning of me promoting or asking to join it falls into the category of unsolicited PM spam because a person is sending links to stuff that was not solicited by the receiver.

People need to pay more attention to reading RULES AND POSTING GUIDELINES Before posting or even sending pms. Even if cant read or Wright English that good. No harm into using Google translate for the content of each section or just translate the intire website. http://itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-translator how good it does it is ok to some degree but again simple just to try reading or asking first before getting punished and not understanding.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:41:49 AM

CoinBaby's post seems not spam in my view, he must had sent PMs to people to promote his business.

And stop talking yourself as your "friend", we all know that "your friend" do not exist, being honest is good for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: