Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Tumbler ?  (Read 1694 times)
Caracas (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:12:37 PM

How would I create a Bitcoin tumbler ? Is it legal to have one as long as it would only be used for legal transactions? What would I need to start?
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:26:36 PM

How would I create a Bitcoin tumbler ? Is it legal to have one as long as it would only be used for legal transactions? What would I need to start?

What do you mean by a Bitcoin tumbler? Is it an object that holds water? Or any other thing? I'm confused.  Huh
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:09:58 PM

bitcoin tumbler for what purpose you will create, what you want ask or it is just typo mistake?
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:40:02 PM

What do you mean by a Bitcoin tumbler? Is it an object that holds water? Or any other thing? I'm confused.  Huh

bitcoin tumbler for what purpose you will create, what you want ask or it is just typo mistake?

I think he means tumblr. You can start one. You won't need any requirements.

Unless you mean a mixer,  I think it is legal bit you'd need a lot of capital.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Caracas (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:46:46 PM

I'm sorry you guys I meant a bitcoin mixer!
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:49:17 PM

I did some research and yep. It's legal. You're going to need some VPSs or dedicated servers if you want it to be automatic which I assume so. They'd need to be running your daemon. And a hefty cold storage sum.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 07:09:47 PM

Its legal to use Smiley
Check my signature, you can use mixer service there Smiley

~iki
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:14:54 PM

Its legal to use Smiley
Check my signature, you can use mixer service there Smiley

~iki

He's looking to create one, not use one.

Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:06:20 AM

Pretty sure to run a real bitcoin mixer you would have to create an amazing piece of software. I am talking .onion access site and a well thought out fully automatic algorithm.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 12:43:41 AM

Is it legal to have one as long as it would only be used for legal transactions?

It is most likely illegal to provide a service like that since all financial services need to comply with AML/KYC regulations.

Monetizer

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:52:29 AM

Is it legal to have one as long as it would only be used for legal transactions?

It is most likely illegal to provide a service like that since all financial services need to comply with AML/KYC regulations.

Yea, it is likely you may be working with illegal funds and the such so you may run into trouble there. It would be good to see another good reputable mixing service though.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:54:03 AM

i feel like bitcoin mixing is a beautiful word for money laundering. it certainly looks and feels like it though. which is absolutely illegal everywhere.

If you reuse your addresses often this could greatly increase anonymity. I'll agree on the point of it generally being used for laundering and theft.

shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:13:09 PM

i feel like bitcoin mixing is a beautiful word for money laundering. it certainly looks and feels like it though. which is absolutely illegal everywhere.

If you reuse your addresses often this could greatly increase anonymity. I'll agree on the point of it generally being used for laundering and theft.

I think you meant to say 'decrease' anonymity Smiley

No doubt mixers are used for laundering etc but I don't think we should associate them all with criminality.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:16:24 PM

No doubt mixers are used for laundering etc but I don't think we should associate them all with criminality.

It's increase, is it not?
Unfortunately it's the sad truth that we have to associate bitcoin and mixers with criminals. It's something that occurs naturally now.

Hfleer

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:08:03 PM

Unfortunately it's the sad truth that we have to associate bitcoin and mixers with criminals. It's something that occurs naturally now.

I don't think it is associated in such a way. Most people have simply never heard of it and would not be able to explain what it is originally for.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

I believe it is not too difficult to write a program for a bitcoin mixing service. The concept is pretty easy and it will not be difficult for an experience programmer. The difficult part is getting the capital and establishing trust in the community. There is already an established mixing service in the community and it will be difficult for you to enter the mixing market charging the same fee.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

I don't think it is associated in such a way. Most people have simply never heard of it and would not be able to explain what it is originally for.

However once they hear the term mixer and money In the conversation, they're usually going to ask something along the lines of "is it legal?"

Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:49:47 AM

As far I know tumbler is a micro blog social network.

I don't know why it would be illegal use it for BTC, but I don't know how to use it for BTC transactions
Hfleer

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:00:48 AM

However once they hear the term mixer and money In the conversation, they're usually going to ask something along the lines of "is it legal?"

Indeed. Mixing money sounds like washing/laundering money...

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:09:09 AM

As far I know tumbler is a micro blog social network.

I don't know why it would be illegal use it for BTC, but I don't know how to use it for BTC transactions

he ment a bitcoin mixer, not tumblr.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████