Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 03-07-2015 An Incoming Wave Of Bitcoin Mobile Apps  (Read 1381 times)
SRINKO (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:25:26 PM

http://www.btcfeed.net/educational/wave-bitcoin-mobile-apps/
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:24:28 PM

While Apple is getting a little softer towards allowing Bitcoin related apps in their store, I think at some point they will clean up quite a bit of these apps with the reasons being "violation of rules"

Which I hope of course not to happen. Why can't Apple just be more open and at some point even allow people to pay with Bitcoin in their app store. Perhaps wishful thinking?
havecoch

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:19:29 PM

While Apple is getting a little softer towards allowing Bitcoin related apps in their store, I think at some point they will clean up quite a bit of these apps with the reasons being "violation of rules"

Which I hope of course not to happen. Why can't Apple just be more open and at some point even allow people to pay with Bitcoin in their app store. Perhaps wishful thinking?

Maybe, people should jailbreak their phones and head over to apps like Cydia to download these new bitcoin apps without any problem.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:27:57 PM

Probably some cleanup will happen at some point in time, with the less used apps. I don't think that's too bad... Lots of trash in the App Store.

They won't allow Bitcoin in the near future. They love their mega profits too much, they aren't up to "rolling" with the markets and possibly taking losses.

Maybe, people should jailbreak their phones and head over to apps like Cydia to download these new bitcoin apps without any problem.

I don't know what apps are you referring to, but in my point of view, jailbreaking does not solve any Bitcoin user's problem on iOS. In fact, it even introduces the user to a new set of problems, mainly privacy related ones (have you ever wondered why the developer of breadwallet warns against installing his app on jailbroken devices? Have you ever wondered why was breadwallet only compatible with an iOS version that has no jailbreaking method?)

As for the news, Abra reminds me a bit of Mycelium local trader (which isn't avaliable on Mycelium for iOS last time I checked) and Wiper seems pretty good for beginners Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:11:11 PM

There are people, myself included, who don't want to have cracked stuff / OS on their device.

Cracking your device brings plenty of risks, not to mention that your soo precious privacy will find its way to the wrong people.

Using a cracked device for sending and receiving Bitcoin, or any other Bitcoin related app is not the way to go.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:43:48 PM

There are people, myself included, who don't want to have cracked stuff / OS on their device.

Cracking your device brings plenty of risks, not to mention that your soo precious privacy will find its way to the wrong people.

Using a cracked device for sending and receiving Bitcoin, or any other Bitcoin related app is not the way to go.

Well a simple solution to that is not using apple devices and having to crack them. Their is a lot of apps for apple and can easily put btc on it without cracking https://blockchain.info/wallet/iphone-app

In all id just go buy a cheap android device their cheap enough and work a lot better than apples fashion statement rip of priced products.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:17:03 AM

This is very important to bitcoin development. The software developed on top of bitcoin technology is doing nothing other that increasing the value of
the platform they are based on - bitcoin tech. With this in mind, all it takes is for one of the newly developed apps or ideas to start a trend, and the growing popularity
will reflect itself on bitcoin, and bitcoins price also.

Same way things happened with invention of internet, there was no interest in linked computers until people learned new thing they can do while linked, and every corporation
built on top of that just made internet more valuabe and unreplacable, and now you have it in almost every house in the world. The same i expect of bitcoin

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: