Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 03:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEED QUICK ANSWER]How much is a 400+ activity senior going for?  (Read 1496 times)
Berau (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:21:37 AM

i just dont know and wonder what is the benefit if we use an avatar?

None!

Everyone could have avatars in the next update of bitcointalk.
There are no benefits with avatars.
That is not true. Having an avatar means that you have some level of prestige and avatars are somewhat coveted by people who have actual interest in the forum and in bitcoin. You are however correct that they do not allow you to earn any additional amounts in signature deals
so how do we get to setting an avatar? or maybe only for certain members
You had to have had an avatar as of prior to when the forum was hacked in late 2013 (the attacker was able to hack the forum via the avatar system).

As a result of the hack the changing of avatars (including the adding of one) is disabled, although you can PM theymos to have your avatar removed (but he will not add one)

But can't the attacker simply use the members that currently have avatars to attack the forum?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2337

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:26:33 AM

i just dont know and wonder what is the benefit if we use an avatar?

None!

Everyone could have avatars in the next update of bitcointalk.
There are no benefits with avatars.
That is not true. Having an avatar means that you have some level of prestige and avatars are somewhat coveted by people who have actual interest in the forum and in bitcoin. You are however correct that they do not allow you to earn any additional amounts in signature deals
so how do we get to setting an avatar? or maybe only for certain members
You had to have had an avatar as of prior to when the forum was hacked in late 2013 (the attacker was able to hack the forum via the avatar system).

As a result of the hack the changing of avatars (including the adding of one) is disabled, although you can PM theymos to have your avatar removed (but he will not add one)

But can't the attacker simply use the members that currently have avatars to attack the forum?
No. I am not 100% sure of the technical details behind the attack however I understand that the attacker was able to launch an attack doing something to do with how avatars are uploaded.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:03:04 AM

It's usually around the area of 0.4btc - 0.6btc.  0.6 is usually the starting price for low ranked hero accounts.  0.6 is also the price of green trusted senior member accounts 

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 06:26:08 AM

check PM
Berau (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:45:29 AM

check PM

I have responded to your PM.

I appreciate everyone's response in this thread and I'll lock it since I have found my answer.

Thanks guys!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: