Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin, ripple and etherum  (Read 1715 times)
pleaseexplain (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:39:11 AM

Hi

it seems to me  that these 3 are partly competitors, partly collaborators etc. There may be 1 or two others that fall into this group.

can anyone make a few comments and/or post a few links that show how similar/different they are and/or whether one might absorb/kill off one or more of the others in some way.

to me now that bitcoin is shaking off the speculators post gox and getting down to some sort of "organic' price it is the time to see what other factors (eg these groups) might do that organic price.

in short even if bitcoin goes way down to say $50 soon eg 12 months and at this level it is seen as its organic price level is will be only organic in terms of its own prospects (mainly around money transfer). however it may be still overpriced when seen in light of what others like etherum can achieve

hope this clear
thanks

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:04:04 AM

bitcoin is still the king, ripple will never be big, they use it to pay their employers, etherum isn't even finished and it's a different thing
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 08:05:02 AM

I don't get how alt coins can survive beyond bitcoin. If bitcoin fails it means the idea of digital currency fails (and all the copycat coins with it).

What do ANY of these alternative digital currencies offer that's better than bitcoin?

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:08:25 AM

Hi

it seems to me  that these 3 are partly competitors, partly collaborators etc. There may be 1 or two others that fall into this group.

can anyone make a few comments and/or post a few links that show how similar/different they are and/or whether one might absorb/kill off one or more of the others in some way.

to me now that bitcoin is shaking off the speculators post gox and getting down to some sort of "organic' price it is the time to see what other factors (eg these groups) might do that organic price.

in short even if bitcoin goes way down to say $50 soon eg 12 months and at this level it is seen as its organic price level is will be only organic in terms of its own prospects (mainly around money transfer). however it may be still overpriced when seen in light of what others like etherum can achieve

hope this clear
thanks

How did you came up with the crazy thought that the bitcoins' organic price is 50$ ?   We are about to see it on NASDAQ and then 'to the moon'..

Bitcoin will never see the double figure again.. sorry.  Wink
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:01:33 AM

How did you came up with the crazy thought that the bitcoins' organic price is 50$ ?

It's visible in this screenshot from the future - https://i.imgur.com/0nkszPg.png
calci

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:17:55 AM

Why did you put in Ethereum, when it hasn't released yet. I look forward to its release, and wonder what changes or innovations it might bring to overtake bitcoin.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:25:17 AM

How did you came up with the crazy thought that the bitcoins' organic price is 50$ ?

It's visible in this screenshot from the future - https://i.imgur.com/0nkszPg.png

Grin  lol this can't be right..   Ripple can't exist beyond 2015..
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:35:01 AM

I don't get how alt coins can survive beyond bitcoin. If bitcoin fails it means the idea of digital currency fails (and all the copycat coins with it).
What do ANY of these alternative digital currencies offer that's better than bitcoin?
i doubt about If bitcoin fails it means the idea of digital currency fails
maybe bitcoin can falls, but not with idea about digital currency
digital currency is revolution in this era
like or not, in the future people using digital currency as their fiat
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 10:48:14 AM

just learn all you can about BTC and you are fine for the first months.

ripple and etherum are a sandcorn in the desert compared to BTC

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:51:32 AM

Bitcoin is the first peer-to-peer cryptocurrency largely accepted, and most important it is decentralized. Ripple instead is only an alternativa coins and it is not decentralized. If you ask me what do you choose between bitcoin , ripple and ethereum(?) ? I will choose (for sure) bitcoin. Because it has a lot of good aspects.
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:01:27 AM

Why did you put in Ethereum, when it hasn't released yet. I look forward to its release, and wonder what changes or innovations it might bring to overtake bitcoin.

I didn't buy into the ethereum IPO and I've been wondering if I made a mistake ever since. I'm interested in how popular it's going to be. When bitshares came out it mooned for a while, although it's gone down below litecoin now. With all the hype ethereum might do the same thing.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:32:46 AM

I didn't buy into the ethereum IPO and I've been wondering if I made a mistake ever since. I'm interested in how popular it's going to be. When bitshares came out it mooned for a while, although it's gone down below litecoin now. With all the hype ethereum might do the same thing.

I did buy ether at the ipo but not so thrilled about it.. as long as it's going to be traded mainly against the bitcoin and not fiat it will be fine Smiley

I believe you will still have plenty of room to buy close to the ipo price when trading starts.

You are probably right about your P&D assumption considering the IBM and Samsung news with their internet of things using ethereum  Roll Eyes
1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:08:38 PM

Bitcoin is the first peer-to-peer cryptocurrency largely accepted, and most important it is decentralized.

That so called decentralization goes out of the window once blockchain grows large enough after series of blocksize increases. I mean the current 7 transactions per second is awesome if you want no one to actually start use bitcoin.

To even compete with Visa you need atleast 1 gb blocks.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:14:56 PM

Bitcoin is the first peer-to-peer cryptocurrency largely accepted, and most important it is decentralized.

That so called decentralization goes out of the window once blockchain grows large enough after series of blocksize increases. I mean the current 7 transactions per second is awesome if you want no one to actually start use bitcoin.

To even compete with Visa you need atleast 1 gb blocks.

What are you talking about ?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:58:01 AM

How do you come to this idea? Don't you see ripple have a great potential? Ripple is an Internet protocol that interconnects the world’s disparate financial systems to enable the secure, real-time transfer of funds in any currency. As settlement infrastructure, Ripple transforms and enhances today’s financial systems. Ripple unlocks assets and provides access to payment systems for everyone, empowering the world to move value like information moves today.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:45:40 AM

Grin  lol this can't be right..   Ripple can't exist beyond 2015..
How do you come to this idea? Don't you see ripple have a great potential? Ripple is an Internet protocol that interconnects the world’s disparate financial systems to enable the secure, real-time transfer of funds in any currency. As settlement infrastructure, Ripple transforms and enhances today’s financial systems. Ripple unlocks assets and provides access to payment systems for everyone, empowering the world to move value like information moves today.

It's not a blockchain technology, it's just a payments protocol, it has nothing to do with bitcoin, all it does is moving money..

"Ripple is the open-source payments protocol for free and instant exchange of any form of money or value."
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:20:18 PM

As far as I know Bitshares has never been above Litecoin.  When Bitshares peaked at ~100M, Litecoin was still over 150M I think.  I don't think Bitshares has ever been above #4 (at least since Ripple increased the coin supply listing).

NXT hit #3 at one point, (the order was BTC/LTC/NXT at the time). 

All coins tend to go through these pump and dump phases.  Ethereum should be no different.  Sell the initial hype at release and buy 6 months later when its down ~75% from the peak of the pump.

Whatever coin is hyped and high priced at any given time is the one you should be selling, to get funds to buy the coins that are beaten down.  For example, when Ripple had that moonshot to over 700M recently, you could sell it and buy cheap NXT and Bitshares.    If NXT or Bitshares goes on a big moonshot again, you sell them and buy whatever is down at that time. 

I'd only hold on to 2.0 coins with lots of features however.   Coins like Litecoin and Doge don't have much future imo.

Come from beyond's screenshot from the future is pretty accurate imo, though I think Bitcoin will remain higher than that.  The future is probably BTC and Ripple in 1 and 2 in some order, and NXT, Bitshares, and Ethereum in 3-5 in some order, imo.  These are the 5 to own.
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:57:30 AM

got a link to this screen shot you speak of?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:54:58 PM

It's not a blockchain technology, it's just a payments protocol, it has nothing to do with bitcoin, all it does is moving money..

"Ripple is the open-source payments protocol for free and instant exchange of any form of money or value."
ripple is our real life application of cryptographic protocol in global money remittance! It has a lot of potential in the future.

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:58:33 PM

Lol whoever came up with that screenshot put some effort into it. I like how the BTS and XBT supplies have even been adjusted for assumed inflation, and the price shown accurately calculates to the reported market cap based on available supply.

"Original bitcoin"? Hah, that'd be interesting...

Is there any way to determine when exactly the 15,106,375th bitcoin will be mined? Then we'll know for sure from when this screenshot came.

If this comes true...we have a time traveler on our hands folks. There's no going back now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: