Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is money one of the three most important things in your life?  (Read 2584 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:26:33 PM

For me, short-term = No way.
Long-term == Yes, since I will eventually be needing much more than I have now.

Is money one of the three most important things in your life?

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:57:35 PM

For me, short-term = No way.
Long-term == Yes, since I will eventually be needing much more than I have now.

Is money one of the three most important things in your life?

Yes of course. I would probably be needing money when the time progresses on, and I don't think I can live without money, because basically, you can't buy things without money lol.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:00:12 PM

Money is like blood. You need it circulating to stay operational. There've been phases where I've had nothing, and others where I've had plenty. I'm not sure my happiness level was any different, but the sense of reassurance is very powerful when you have some tucked away.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:05:59 PM

Money is like blood. You need it circulating to stay operational. There've been phases where I've had nothing, and others where I've had plenty. I'm not sure my happiness level was any different, but the sense of reassurance is very powerful when you have some tucked away.

Agreed. Money reassures every human individual that he/she has better chances of living compared to those who have less or who have none. We cannot deny the fact that while we are living, we are bound to money, and we cannot live without it.

deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:28:33 PM

Agreed. Money reassures every human individual that he/she has better chances of living compared to those who have less or who have none. We cannot deny the fact that while we are living, we are bound to money, and we cannot live without it.

Wrong money does not reassure everyone just us who have been raised to worship money there are plenty of happy people around the world who live self sufficient happy lives without the need of paper.

Again you have it wrong just because you have money does not give you better chances it reduces your chances because you become dependent on something that has been created to control you.

We have indeed been bound by money and that is what is destroying us.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:29:24 PM

it's not important, it's mandatory, which is different

fun/health are more important for me, be happy in your life, nothing else matter
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:33:23 PM

i live with 3 times less than the minimal wage of my country.
so ...  Grin yes, money is very important for me (i can't afford to loose money).
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:56:44 PM

health for me is always the most important but having a nice amount of money is not a punishment.
being happy in life is worth more than all the wealth of the world.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:01:15 PM

Money is not THE most important. Since you are asking the top three, yes. Money is what I need to buy food each and every day. It pays the rent to put a roof over my family and I. I will be surprised if someone says money is not one of the top three priorities in life.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:12:06 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 07:54:04 PM by OROBTC

My case:

1) Spiritual health (the most neutral way I can characterize my beliefs without causing offence)
2) Physical and mental health (includes a happy marriage, decent friends, etc.)
3) Money, in its various forms (including preparations "just in case"), to lead to safe, comfortable and interesting life

No. 1 is by far the most important for me.

EDIT: Nice thread Bit_Happy!

EDIT-ER: Money at No. 3 IS important!  There are maybe 50 other things of lesser import...
specgamer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:14:43 PM

Yes of course. I would put money the second most important.
Nowadays in our society, without money, nothing can be done. That's just how the World works.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Nude

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:19:01 PM

It's only important to poor people, living paycheck to paycheck is not easy, as I'm a poor guy, money is pretty important to me, definitely top 3 priority.
cparsley

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:23:13 PM

Is it #1 for most, not necessary, but to be in the top 3, of course, as you cant go thru life without money (fiat or bitcoin)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:23:24 PM

Yes, probably on the top 3, and I bet it is for most people here. Nowadays you can't go far if you don't have a few thousand bucks, unfortunately.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:51:00 PM

If i was to loose something else to get money, then it wouldn't be, but currently it sure does scale high on my list,
i would put #health first, #money second and #happiness on third place. It's funny tho, because it seams that #money is instantly bringing the other two along in most cases.

cheers
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:35:24 PM

Indeed, it's the world we live in. We are fucked without money, so our brains make our bodies be obsessed with money. This is why not being one of the lucky early BTC investors had such a dramatic trauma in a lot of people around here, including me. We can still hope that in 10 years we'll be rich by holding XX coins.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:00:44 PM

I hate to say it, but here where I live in Western Europe you need to have money and health and family on a shared first spot.

I can gladly say that I'm happy and healthy plus I have a decent income. I can't ask for more  Smiley
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 10:20:53 PM

Yes. Money is what is used to get almost everything available in this world - food, roof, home, clothing, security. Without it life becomes much less livable.

Money is the means to which happiness can be more easily found.

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:39:19 PM

Hobbies, Love (which I dont have #lonely) and money.

Money is needed for hobbies.. And BTC Tongue

bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:46:00 PM

No, it is not one of my top three most important things in my life. Friends, family and loved ones and health are the most importand things for me. You can always (atleast where I live) come up with enough money to survive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: