Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:58:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thumbprint.us seeking a blockchain dev for our direct democracy app  (Read 630 times)
austinsthumb (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:09:03 PM

I recently got a job as the CTO of a direct democracy app start-up and when I explained bitcoin and blockchain tech to the CEO he basically made it the project focus. The problem is, I don't have any actual experience coding with it and we're having trouble finding people who can. We've been shotgunning out ads the past week but of the people who respond, so far none have familiarity with blockchain. We've contacted a lot of similar organizations but either they're having the same problem, would prefer to keep their valuable blockchain devs to themselves, or they turn out to be scams.

We only need the actual voting info to be in the blockchain. The user profiles, legislation documents, and everything else will be on our servers. I don't think we'd even need crypto 2.0 tech to achieve what we're trying to do. I was thinking it could be basically another altcoin, let's go with the default term "votecoin", that has an extremely high maximum number of coins and very low mining difficulty. The votecoins could be mined all at once and transferred to voters whenever they make a vote, effectively transferring the votecoin from the "master wallet" to the user-id "wallet" to the legislation-id "wallet", or if it's feasible, a single coin could be mined every time a user wants to make a vote. Some mechanism would need to be put in place to prevent users from sending votecoins to each other (although this doesn't really matter as they won't have any value) and to prevent legislation-ids from doing anything other than receiving votecoins. I think there would also have to be a separate blockchain for yes and no votes.

Anyway, where are you guys hiding? You can check us out here: http://thumbprint.us
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: