Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to interpret this volume/price movement?  (Read 800 times)
teastman1000 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:19:28 PM

I'm pretty new to trading, I've been looking at different coin charts on cryptsy and I've noticed that a couple of the older coins that haven't had a rise in price in a while have recently had sudden, large increases in volume. These increases have sustained themselves for over a month now, while price has stayed even or dropped. What would make this happen, and is it a good or bad sign (or neither)? This is an example of what I mean, you can see the dramatic jump in volume over the last couple of months:
https://i.imgur.com/noSGyKK.jpg
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:29:23 PM

It's hard to say.  It could be that long time holders have started to liquidate their holdings, meaning they give up and just want out of the market.  On this scale it wouldn't make too much of a downwards blip, and the price is pretty close to the low of the last few months.

It could also be that someone is accumulating, but if they are they are doing it very cleverly, the price is not moving up at all.

I would be inclined to say that big holders are selling out. Primecoin seemed like a great idea at the time, but now it is abused by networks and cloud miners making the normal home PC fairly worthless as a miner.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:44:47 PM

too me it look stagnant, and chart illustrated a decline in the long term

not a good investment imho
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: