Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 12:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: intro/ 3 questions  (Read 601 times)
beta4gm (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 12:59:28 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2012, 01:10:01 AM by beta4gm

hello everyone, i just joined the forum and am very pleased to make your aquaintances. i like just about everything from legal to not so legal.

QUESTION 1: when i checked my account details there was no value in the unconfirmed section. given that i have already been using bitminter for a couple of days already and have gained a fraction of bitcoins (not even up to 1). i just wanna know if there should be a value where it says "unconfirmed"

QUESTION 2: i'm currently using two workers and when i check this site it sometimes says that either one of my workers is running at 0mhps or that both are running at 0mhps. why?

QUESTION 3: can someone plz tell me what is it that i can do with namecoins? because i have more nmc than btc and my btc wallet adress only works for btc. i've read the wiki, some forum posts, other links, etc... i just wanna know what is it that i can do with these nmc and how

plz feel free to answer just one question, sorry for baraging you guys.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 02:31:34 AM

hello everyone, i just joined the forum and am very pleased to make your aquaintances. i like just about everything from legal to not so legal.

QUESTION 1: when i checked my account details there was no value in the unconfirmed section. given that i have already been using bitminter for a couple of days already and have gained a fraction of bitcoins (not even up to 1). i just wanna know if there should be a value where it says "unconfirmed"

QUESTION 2: i'm currently using two workers and when i check this site it sometimes says that either one of my workers is running at 0mhps or that both are running at 0mhps. why?

QUESTION 3: can someone plz tell me what is it that i can do with namecoins? because i have more nmc than btc and my btc wallet adress only works for btc. i've read the wiki, some forum posts, other links, etc... i just wanna know what is it that i can do with these nmc and how

plz feel free to answer just one question, sorry for baraging you guys.
Q1: The 'unconfirmed' balance will most likely add into your actual balance after 120 confirmations (approx 20 hours?), unless there is a fork in the chain. (really unlikely, and getting even more unlikely when the confirms roll in)

Q2: That is because the site measures your speed via your rate of share submission. The more accurate indicator of your worker speeds is the mh/s of your local mining client.

Q3: You can trade then for Bitcoins at http://vircurex.com , https://btc-e.com/ and so on. You can find someone willing to take NMC and trade stuff with them. You can register .bit domains with them. The list goes on and on...and you can start here: http://dot-bit.org/Main_Page
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: