Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Talk account hacked any way to recover?  (Read 10827 times)
TerraMaster (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:19:13 PM

Hi, I kind of "know" MinermanNC (the original) from the ongoing, never ending, gaw scam thread from many months ago.

I'm not going to argue about what's transpired here or otherwise, but as someone who has :

1. never sold anything here, so has never sent any BTC address to anyone or posted it
2. Just realized my account is doing pretty good on activity. Wink

How can I ensure in the future that if this happens to me, I can recover my account?

Can i send myself a PM with a btc address i use/own and hope and keep the pm number, will that will work if i get hacked etc?

Is there a thread for posting addresses, even though i understand a hacker could delete it etc? (I had one in my btc setting on my profile, but google only brings up a link to one of my posts from a long while ago, and of course, hackers change this too).

thanks, and sorry for your predicament MinermanNC, good to see you back on the gaw funny farm thread too. Wink

Cheers & thanks all! Smiley
A little late seeing this, but thx owlcatz, and thank you for acknowledging me from the GAW scam thread  Grin yes I remember you as well!

I like the thread you linked and will be using it. It definitely can hurt to have our names and addresses there as well.

I am still working on getting MinermanNC back again one day? Life just hasn't felt the same without it in my crypto world

THX owlcatz!

MMNC  Smiley

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:25:42 PM

I think most know by now that it is me MinermanNC the original" owner, and this has been proven. Now its just a matter of forming some kind of deal to buy back my account from the fellow who bought it from the hacker, as he feels he was scammed as well too when he purchased it. Which I believe he was.

So like everything else in life its just a matter of time and money lol

Thx everyone for your support.

MMNC  Smiley

aka

TerraMaster

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:24:29 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 07:35:24 AM by MinermanNC

I am still interested to sell it.

0.45BTC please? I can take 40% of the loss.

If I had some Bitcoins I would have given back to you for almost free. But, I can't.

Clarification: Sell to TerraMaster, no one else.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:29:50 AM

How can I ensure in the future that if this happens to me, I can recover my account?

As soon as you lose control of the account, put a negative trust so that the potential buyer will notice.

also, simply don't download every other thing that you find in the internet. Never download anything suspicious, scan the file always and have some sort of antivirus installed.

MMNC  Grin

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 08:33:50 PM

This has been going on for quite some time. Did you two come to an agreement?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:40:06 AM

This has been going on for quite some time. Did you two come to an agreement?

In the talks. May be in a couple of years if everything works out..

Removed a couple of words, but that is his own words in his latest PM:  Grin

Hey,

going to have to hang. Thought I had.. but didn't go through. But have more looking at it lol.

If serious. we have to value mind too.  Grin

Ill around touch

THX

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:15:13 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 03:58:37 PM by TerraMaster

Shorena,

This is actually what I PM'd him yesterday Smiley

Hey,

going to have to hang tight a little longer. Thought I had my house sold.. but it didn't go through. But have more looking at it lol.

If sold then we can talk serious. Plus we have to keep the value of bitcoin in mind too.  Grin

Ill be around and or in touch

THX

I had offered to split his cost of .75 paid. which would be .375 since we both got screwed and both made mistakes resulting in where we are now.

He came back wanting .45 so I have a little problem with that amount as it stands.

Also, bitcoin is up. on the day he bought my account BTC was $248.00 today its $278.00 so my offer to split based on his purchase price is $93.00 dollars. Now based on todays BTC price my offer would  be .337 = half of his original purchase price in terms of dollars.

That's what I was saying about "keeping the value of bitcoin in mind"

ok, just wanted to clarify what has been said. Also I am selling my home but that can take time. Thought I had a buyer but the deal fell through on their end. That's just the way it goes.

I am not a rich person. $100.00 dollars is a lot of money to pull from a weekly budget, plus I am single parent. My sons needs and household needs come before my crypto hobbies.

THX for being patient, its all I can do.

Just trying to keep the facts clear.

TM
MMNC Smiley

PS: If it takes a couple of years as suggested, (if house hasn't sold) I will be either bankrupt or TerraMaster will be a hero account or maybe legendary lol  Grin

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 07:06:33 PM

Alright, thanks for the update. I will be here probably, unless it actually takes years. Who knows.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:00:05 AM

There are a ton of members here who could spare a dollar or two.

Id be down to donate a little but if we got a decent amount of people to do the same.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:51:45 AM

There are a ton of members here who could spare a dollar or two.

Id be down to donate a little but if we got a decent amount of people to do the same.

wait what? for who, the original acct holder? Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:35:28 AM

Why has bitcointalk not added 2FA support yet? Seems like a pretty easy way to increase security to me
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:35:48 PM

Why has bitcointalk not added 2FA support yet? Seems like a pretty easy way to increase security to me

Maybe the replacement Billion dollar forum software will have it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this SMF board. Sad

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:02:54 AM

Agreed on 0.375BTC then. [50:50 instead of 60:40 on lost amount]

No, I don't want a USD adjusted rate. It keeps varying, so please keep it independent. I bought it at 0.75, no USD was involved. I don't exactly care where bitcoin is at now from $50 to $1000, nor I live in the US. Dollar is very insignificant for me, so I'd say we deal fully in Bitcoin.

I have not even attempted to cash in on the account - sell it or participate in a campaign.

It is bargain, if you see that the account's current market value is higher than 0.75, I know someone who is willing to buy it for 1.5-2. No idea about the intention, so I am not selling it to anyone till this is settled.

I am also willing to buy it (your stake) from you for 0.375BTC. (not right now, may be in a month, when I get some?)

I am still assuming that you didn't dupe me. It would make sense, but may be you are not that kind of person.

Pushed up your activity. Grin

I had offered to split his cost of .75 paid. which would be .375 since we both got screwed and both made mistakes resulting in where we are now.

He came back wanting .45 so I have a little problem with that amount as it stands.

Also, bitcoin is up. on the day he bought my account BTC was $248.00 today its $278.00 so my offer to split based on his purchase price is $93.00 dollars. Now based on todays BTC price my offer would  be .337 = half of his original purchase price in terms of dollars.

ok, just wanted to clarify what has been said. Also I am selling my home but that can take time. Thought I had a buyer but the deal fell through on their end. That's just the way it goes.

I am not a rich person. $100.00 dollars is a lot of money to pull from a weekly budget, plus I am single parent. My sons needs and household needs come before my crypto hobbies.

TM
MMNC Smiley

PS: If it takes a couple of years as suggested, (if house hasn't sold) I will be either bankrupt or TerraMaster will be a hero account or maybe legendary lol  Grin

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:37:14 AM

Agreed on 0.375BTC then. [50:50 instead of 60:40 on lost amount]

No, I don't want a USD adjusted rate. It keeps varying, so please keep it independent. I bought it at 0.75, no USD was involved. I don't exactly care where bitcoin is at now from $50 to $1000, nor I live in the US. Dollar is very insignificant for me, so I'd say we deal fully in Bitcoin.

I have not even attempted to cash in on the account - sell it or participate in a campaign.

It is bargain, if you see that the account's current market value is higher than 0.75, I know someone who is willing to buy it for 1.5-2. No idea about the intention, so I am not selling it to anyone till this is settled.

I am also willing to buy it (your stake) from you for 0.375BTC. (not right now, may be in a month, when I get some?)

I am still assuming that you didn't dupe me. It would make sense, but may be you are not that kind of person.

Pushed up your activity. Grin

TM
MMNC Smiley

PS: If it takes a couple of years as suggested, (if house hasn't sold) I will be either bankrupt or TerraMaster will be a hero account or maybe legendary lol  Grin
Pushed up your activity.  Grin

Thanks! lol  Wink

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:47:37 AM

Still waitin'...

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:06:25 AM

Still waitin'...

LOL. Editing my watchlist. This is still unresolved?  Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:02:58 PM

I am considering joining luckyfop campaign. 0.08 for 35 posts a month.

You are good because the account will have more activity points. I am also fine with contributing a 25% of all signature payments towards your payment.

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:11:53 PM

I am considering joining luckyfop campaign. 0.08 for 35 posts a month.

You are good because the account will have more activity points. I am also fine with contributing a 25% of all signature payments towards your payment.

Hey I sent you a PM. I will follow up later today with it.

THX

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:14:34 PM

Still waitin'...

LOL. Editing my watchlist. This is still unresolved?  Roll Eyes
LOL, we're working on it.  Cheesy

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:54:13 AM

Its Official  Smiley

This is MinermanNC , as of September 1st 2015 I have regained ownership of this account which was password hacked, stolen then sold.

A sincere thank you to shorena for all that he has done in listening and asking the questions that needed to be ask, doing a little legwork to verify both sides of the matter and keeping himself available to help. Without him I would not have my account MMNC back again. He was there and so graciously found a way for us to reach a mutually agreed solution where both parties were satisfied.  Wink Forever grateful! shorena

Also, to the fellow who bought my hacked account, only known as "X" to me  Cool simply - thank you for not degrading the account while in your possession and also working with shorena as you did. I realize you were a victim as I was.  No hard feelings!  Grin Best of luck to you. I think we both learned a lot from this experience.

Lets all get back to trying to make Bitcoin and bitcointalk.org forums a little better place to hang out and keep crypto alive and well!

Hats off to shorena  Wink Truly a trusted member here.

THX

MMNC Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: