Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Talk account hacked any way to recover?  (Read 10827 times)
TerraMaster (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:48:56 PM

Hey, my account has been hacked and they changed password and apparently they changed email that I could have used to recover the password. Is there anyway to contact an Admin and get help? I may have a secret password set up, but not real sure now. Ok, any help is appreciated. I may just be screwed  Undecided

Was my Hero Account  Tongue Please help
Thank you

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:51:22 PM

Send a signed message from an address that is/was associated with that account to Theymos.

if you can't prove ownership of an address associated, don't even try it, you will just waste your time and the teams time.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:33:59 AM

Hey, my account has been hacked and they changed password and apparently they changed email that I could have used to recover the password. Is there anyway to contact an Admin and get help? I may have a secret password set up, but not real sure now. Ok, any help is appreciated. I may just be screwed  Undecided

Thank you

FYR: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 12:34:16 AM

Thank you

#1 Let us know the name so the hacker cant scam with it
#2 contact theymos[1] with a message[2] in the below fashion in order to restore your account. If you cant find an old address, do you have any other way to prove the account is yours?

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:36:48 AM

Send a signed message from an address that is/was associated with that account to Theymos.

if you can't prove ownership of an address associated, don't even try it, you will just waste your time and the teams time.
Hey thank you for trying to help me. I am a bit confused when you say a signed message? My hacked account shows the last login on it at 2:03 pm today. and my email address is hidden I assume by whom ever hacked me. I do have personal messages PM's in my associated Hotmail account, too my and from my BCT account that got hacked. I could some how forward that or something else to prove who I am. ok, Please clarify what I should send him.
THX

Hfleer

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:45:49 AM

Hey thank you for trying to help me. I am a bit confused when you say a signed message? My hacked account shows the last login on it at 2:03 pm today. and my email address is hidden I assume by whom ever hacked me. I do have personal messages PM's in my associated Hotmail account, too my and from my BCT account that got hacked. I could some how forward that or something else to prove who I am. ok, Please clarify what I should send him.
THX

No, please reread what I wrote.

You absolutely NEED TO sign a message with a bitcoin address associated to your account. This address can be in a post or a PM, you just need to provide a link to it.

Just google " how to sign a bitcoin message"

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:47:10 AM

Thank you

#1 Let us know the name so the hacker cant scam with it
#2 contact theymos[1] with a message[2] in the below fashion in order to restore your account. If you cant find an old address, do you have any other way to prove the account is yours?

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
Hey I just saw this ... Let me take a look.

My account that was hacked was MinermanNC

I have plenty of Pm's to and from that associated Hotmail Account with MinermanNC

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:51:19 AM

THX
To sign a message: follow the instructions followed in this blog post. You will need to sign a message from an address that you previously posted (or sent a pm with) with your account
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:55:56 AM

Looks like someone is already scamming with my account name!!! Help!

This is the last post made from my account at the same time it was stolen,,, the below link shows it wow AND this isn't me posting this at this link,,, OH no!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765360.msg10701238#msg10701238

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:01:58 AM

THX
To sign a message: follow the instructions followed in this blog post. You will need to sign a message from an address that you previously posted (or sent a pm with) with your account

Ok, going to work on it now. In looking at my hacked MinermanNC account it appears they have removed my BTC address that was associated with it, along with my email that wasn't hidden before hack,,, they sure seem to be trying to stop me from recovering it,, geez

Hfleer

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

THX

Ok, going to work on it now. In looking at my hacked MinermanNC account it appears they have removed my BTC address that was associated with it, along with my email that wasn't hidden before hack,,, they sure seem to be trying to stop me from recovering it,, geez

They can't delete PMs, just go through your emails and search for a PM where you sent an address to someone else. Then contact that person to send you the PM number.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:05:56 AM

THX

TBH, looking at the security log, it looks like the account was probably sold based on the fact that the password was changed twice in a short period of time (but it is hard to say for sure).

Theymos can see deleted posts, although you would have had to have written down the link to the posts that you previously posted from. This however does smell a lot like the work of bayuo
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:09:18 AM

Ok I am going through 2 years of my PMs. to and from MinermanNC I have never done this before.  Shocked

Hfleer

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:16:59 AM

Ok I am going through 2 years of my PMs. to and from MinermanNC I have never done this before.  Shocked

Its a hero account, so it might be worth it for you though.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:18:11 AM

If the account was hacked (and you no longer have access to the account) then how you are going through it's PM's?
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:19:56 AM

THX

TBH, looking at the security log, it looks like the account was probably sold based on the fact that the password was changed twice in a short period of time (but it is hard to say for sure).

Theymos can see deleted posts, although you would have had to have written down the link to the posts that you previously posted from. This however does smell a lot like the work of bayuo
WoW just checked out security log and there is my other account that I cannot get in to. account is  scryptonite, that's me to and was registered to the same Hotmail account, oh boy

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:22:35 AM

THX

WoW just checked out security log and there is my other account that I cannot get in to. account is  scryptonite, that's me to and was registered to the same Hotmail account, oh boy
At this point you are either trolling or trying to get a bunch of random accounts to have negative trust, or are trying to recover accounts that you sold.

It is not possible to have more then one account registered to the same address. You are clearly lying
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:29:23 AM

If the account was hacked (and you no longer have access to the account) then how you are going through it's PM's?

No, pm's that are in my Hotmail account from other members,

AND:

At this point you are either trolling or trying to get a bunch of random accounts to have negative trust, or are trying to recover accounts that you sold.

It is not possible to have more then one account registered to the same address. You are clearly lying

This is not so? I am not lying. I may have registered scryptonite to my gmail account. Was set up to help my son with his senior project for school. I will check that out you may be right on 2 accounts registered to same email, that account was a while back... Please don't quit helping me!! I am real. Can I post a copy f a pm sent to my Hotmail account from other members in here to prove to you I am telling you the truth? a few are from coin devs that still have active coins lol

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:50:11 AM

Here is another communication via PM to my Hotmail...

You have just been sent a personal message by motty on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Quote from: MinermanNC on August 13, 2014, 11:58:11 AM

Hey Motty, another developer whom I am helping and supporting, is needing some assistance from someone who can possibly help him with his coin projects. He needs someone who can code/develop or be a second set of eyes for his projects and review code. I thought of you when he ask me if I knew anyone.

His name is Robert Murray and is the developer of Umbrella Coins. the first coin has launched uLTC.

His email is: support@umbrellaco.in

His Ann in bitcoin talk is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=687265.0

I know he is needing some help now with the block explorer. he has one but needs a little more work to be 100%.

If you think you could help him in any way, please PM him as soon as you can. I'm sure he has some questions he would like to ask your opinion on. See if this is something you can help with. I know he has generous bounties for this help.

Tell him MinermanNC referred you to him so he will know who you are Wink

Let me know as well if you think you can help.

MMNC Smiley

Hi MinermanNC,

I made a reply the following to Umbrella.
 I can not work with a responsibility.
 I'm sorry for not able to undertake. Embarrassed

Quote from: motty on Today at 07:30:26 AM

Quote from: Umbrella Holdings on August 13, 2014, 11:02:42 PM

Hey Motty,

MinermanNC reached out to you on my behalf. I am looking to expand my team and looking for a good developer. I know you are busy with your coin but perhaps I can help with some things on Fujicoin? Anyhow, would love to chat and talk about possibly helping each other out.

Thank you,
 Robert

Hi Umbrella,

Thank you for invitation.
 I am not a professional programmer, so will not be able to participate in the project.
 Your coin is likely to come up very popular.

Please do your best. Cheesy

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=2715757;quote;u=330232

------------------

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:04:04 AM

Looking at theymos Pm procedure, I see this at the bottom...

Do not create your temporary account using the same email address you want for the hacked/lost account. No two accounts can have the same email address.

So this new account I created to seek help with, is registered to the same account that got hacked.... so in other words, if I send him the required info he would not be able to reactivate MinermanNC now because this account " TerraMaster" is also registered to the same Hotmail account... Should I delete this account and create a new one and use a different email then? man what a mess  Embarrassed

Thanks guys, I understand the scrutiny. You could actually go to some of the threads and coins I have supported and see many many post... from me, MinermanNC, and you could tell its me, and just wanting my account back somehow. Bummer, there has to be some way. Who ever did this (hacked me) new what they were doing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: