Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Silver Wallets - A New Kind of Physical Storage  (Read 26133 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mitchell (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:49:55 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 09:36:44 PM by Mitchełł

Are you the new partner for silver wallets?
As said above, I'll be just handling all sales related items on Bitcointalk. So I'm not a real partner if that's what you mean.

The "Design 2"-coin sale ends tomorrow at 11.59PM (GMT+1)! So grab them while you can.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Mitchell (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:28:28 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 09:03:57 PM by Mitchełł

For those who don't know yet, there is a special auction going on. If you win it, you can choose between a "Design 1", "Design 2" or a "Design 1 /w Gold Trim"-coin. Click here to go to the auction.

Also, the "Design 2"-coin sale is now over.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

So I Just got my silver wallet in the mail and I wanted to give my feedback.

When the package arrived in the mail, I found a letter from their business partner explaining how to load the silver wallet along with very professional packaging. The coin itself came in an airtight capsule in case you wanted to keep it in as good of condition as possible in the event that you wanted to get it graded.

Also in my package, I received three holograms and a slab to hold the coin in, none of which I was expecting (thank you for that).

Once I was finally able to get the coin out of it's airtight capsule, I found a very beautiful coin. On the front,  I found a space to put a paper QR code for the private key, along with the coin number and the words 'silver wallets'. On the back is the words 'Universale Monetae' which is latin for Universal money on the top, and in the center there is the currency symbols for the Yen, the Dollar, the Euro, the British Pound, Gold and Silver. On the bottom of the center there is some formula that I am not sure what it means.

I decided not to actually put a QR code underneath the hologram. After putting the hologram on the front, the coin is even more beautiful then it was before. The hologram has the BTC symbol in the center with the word 'bitcoin' repeated several times around the edge.

I have decided to rebel and take the coin out of it's capsule, and keep it on my person to serve as a good luck charm, as this coin is inexpensive enough for this to not be a horrible financial decision. After handling it after as much I have so far the coin will probably not grade very well anymore. I am no expert in coin grading, however when it was first taken out of the capsule, there was nothing wrong with the coin that was visible to the naked eye.

I think this is a great coin to buy with any one's signature campaign earnings. With current pricing starting at only $75 plus shipping, you could easily pay for this with only a few weeks worth of signature campaign earnings. At current exchange rates, the price works out to ~0.26 BTC.

If you are interested in bitcoin this is a great memorabilia to own. If your budget is limited, this is a great way to start or add to your coin collection.

Below are pictures of my coin:

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:09:46 AM

Awesome review Quickseller! I agree the Silver Wallets do come with a sweet setup, it is a great package deal. That Series 2 looks great, I still need to pick one up for my collection when I can. I have the gold-plated silver though and it is just an amazing looking coin, and mine looked flawless as well. You def. need to get a gold BTC one now, you won't regret it. The premium is a little higher but is understandable with material & minting prices and worth it in my opinion. I can't wait to see what they drop for their third design.

I think Mitchełł is a good choice for a quick response SW forum guy as well, and maybe if things pick up he could start shipping some from the EU? I think that would really help people with Shipping/Customs/Import taxes for international orders.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 03:39:48 AM

Speaking of 3rd design...We started the process and are at the rendering stages  Cool
anshar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:07:03 AM

I don't get it...why is shipping to Canada $13? That's alot.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:11:27 PM

Speaking of 3rd design...We started the process and are at the rendering stages  Cool

I wanted to stop buying physicals... but as it will be probably shiny I will have to buy it...
Mitchell (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:54:31 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 01:19:44 PM by Mitchełł

I don't get it...why is shipping to Canada $13? That's alot.
We use a flat free for all international shipment. This means it will be (a bit) pricier in some countries and (a bit) cheaper in others.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:22:55 AM

Hey Mitchell, I've updated the OP just now Smiley. I did notice that the order thread is still active. Maybe it needs lock to prevent confusion? Cool that you are the seller now, blazedout is trusted, but a forum staff member allways increases trust Smiley You can check out my thread here

Mitchell (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:03:43 PM

The price is going down. Be smart and store some of your net worth in pretty silver coins that you can be used as a paper wallet!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:28:19 PM

The price is going down. Be smart and store some of your net worth in pretty silver coins that you can be used as a paper wallet!
So is the price for silver, but I don't understand I get it that a custom stamp is expensive but generics aren't that expensive not enough for a 60$ premium. I get it 10k mintage is pretty low and average an I am sure this is a lot less than 10k probably more around 1k but still it shouldn't jump that high and a 1$ sticker isn't the main issue here either that and the stamp is being used on counterfeits makes these a bit harder to resale, I know i wouldn't buy one from someone I didn't trust.

TL;DR Too expensive for a generic silver coin that is already being counterfeited and sold for 2-3$ and makes it a sketchy resale.

We mint only 1000 coins per style - Custom dies cost a couple thousand dollars to make. Each coin requires 2 dies...1 for the front and 1 for the back. Who do you know that can buy silver at spot prices? We pay over spot when making our coins and also pay for each run to be minted. The "stickers" are custom made security holograms and are very expensive to have made. You need to have a custom die made to make them, and that is not cheap...we pay almost $1 per hologram and include 3 per coin. We do obviously have some profit in our pricing or why else would be doing all of this?

"I know i wouldn't buy one from someone I didn't trust" - The whole point of these is you not having to trust anyone...you make your own keys and attach the hologram.

Please show me where these have been counterfeited?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:17:35 PM

You forgot about the fact that we are in a free market. Anyone selling anything is going to sell above their costs. Period. They are not acting as a chairity nor is anyone else on the forum (for the most part).

If you think you can sell better coins then you should create better ones and sell them for less.
fvs114

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:20:49 PM

Those are chinese fakes possibly only silver plated , AFAIK .25 BTC was only minted in 2013, and .10 BTC in 2014.

Original coins were already mentioned on our forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269535.0;all

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 11:43:51 PM

You forgot about the fact that we are in a free market. Anyone selling anything is going to sell above their costs. Period. They are not acting as a chairity nor is anyone else on the forum (for the most part).

If you think you can sell better coins then you should create better ones and sell them for less.
Woah hey I totally understand and I see why people are willing to buy them but when someone said that BTC was dipping and you should put some in silver I was just pointing out the negative sides of that statement as this isn't how you invest in silver. This is a token showing your love for both Silver and Bitcoin and paying a large premium is fine I was just saying I think it's too high personally and would rather not.

Well a couple of things...
It takes a lot of time and effort to make your own coins and it is expensive. If you look at every physical coin made for crypto all of the nicer made ones carry a large premium because of the expenses involved. When you mint a copper or brass coin everything is less...dies are cheaper, materials, etc.. If you have any other questions feel free to ask though!
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:54:45 PM

So lets take 1000 coins and your paying less than 1$ over spot so 17.70, thats still a pretty big venture of 17,700 right now, making a die so probably 200ish(x2 forgot two sides but the back side is very simple so cheap and the front could be more) so 18,300 and printing 2500. So we have a grand cost total of 20,600$ to at least break even you need to sell these at 20.60$ without shipping everything plus is profit (not counting labor) so we now have your price of 75$  so a profit of around 54.40$ a coin that time 1000 brings a nice possible profit of 54,400.
You're so far off in your estimates, it's apples to kumquats.

First, the pricing PDF you showcased is for their discounted minting program for Military/Schools/Non-profits, which obviously does not fit.  The correct pricing guide would be here:  http://silvertownemint.com/Portals/0/PDF/custom%20prices.pdf

Second, back in 2014 when these were actually minted, silver was around $20/ounce, highs close to $30 depending on when it was bought, not today's price of just under $16.  Add for each round over spot at least $1, plus the charges for the blanks which is $2.50 from Silvertowne.  You're up in the mid-twenties at least already per round before anything else.

Custom dies can go anywhere from $200 - $5000 depending on intricacy.  Let's take a reasonable price for the dies, say $1500 for the front, because the Gen2 design was more intricate, and $500 for the back.  Pray you don't crack a die and have to re-create another set.  Typically you'll create two sets just in case for that very reason.

Each round comes with a set of 3 holograms, which as stated were around $1 each, so $3 per round, or $3000 for the batch.

There is a fee for the actual minting run, usually $250 - 500.  Not much, but we'll toss it in there.

Any idea how much it costs to package in capsules 1000 ounces of silver, then in tubes and boxes, and then ship it, oh, BTW, insured?  Tack on another easy $3000.  This is before any shipping cost back out to the buyer.

At this point you're up double what you initially thought it would cost.  For just materials.  No labor, no other incidentals for the process, not counting anyone's time.  It's a far cry from the estimate you thought, and the profit margin has also shrunk quite much.

Oh, and this:
especially since this is the third design and everything is going smoother and probably better rates.
Dream on.  There is no "smoother" part about the minting process.  All the above is a hard, set price, no matter whether you're minting your 3rd, or 300th batch of coins.  You get breaks on quantity of coins in the actual order, not the minting batch.  Even at 10k rounds, you're probably only shaving off a dollar or two from the cost of the silver blank, if you're lucky.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 02:04:28 AM

kingcolex have you ever had a coin minted?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 03:33:46 AM

kingcolex have you ever had a coin minted?
No and I am not trying to offend or be a dick, all I was doing was trying to say why this isn't the best way to invest in both silver and bitcoin. I understand it is expensive, mentally exhausting and time intensive. I get this was hard another thing I was saying was I wouldn't spend 75$ per coin and that is fine it is just my opinion and others obviously are willing to, I personally feel a 40$ range would be more fair but this isn't me saying I am  a coin minter and I can do this for 40$ but I am just looking from the outside in as a silverbug. I really feel as I am coming off hostile while I most definitely am not, sorry if it is taken that way.

No worries at all, and i have no issues with people asking this sort of stuff. I will make a more detailed post on all of the extra costs that are involved. We do make some profit, but it is less than you are guessing.
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:05:45 AM

Interested in one of these bad boys.

Gold/Silver  Cool
fvs114

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:58:42 PM

Are they still shipped from US ? If so, what is the package value on customs declaration - full price or is it buyer friendly? EU shipping.
Thanks Smiley
Mitchell (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 03:06:45 PM

Are they still shipped from US ? If so, what is the package value on customs declaration - full price or is it buyer friendly? EU shipping.
Thanks Smiley
Yes, these are still shipped from the US. The value is set roughly at it's value in silver.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██