Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic moved to "Trashcan"  (Read 1065 times)
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:31:43 PM

Where is that?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:34:31 PM

Where is that?

Thats where spam goes? Its probably a subboard thats not accessible unless you are staff.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:37:37 PM

Where is that?

Thats where spam goes? Its probably a subboard thats not accessible unless you are staff.

Correct. Its the way to delete topics, however still have the ability to bring the thread/posts back if necessary. If your threads are moved to trashcan, then the thread is spam/illegal. IE, you don't want your threads moved to trashcan, its a warning just like having posts deleted.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:42:08 PM

Where is that?

Correct. Its the way to delete topics, however still have the ability to bring the thread/posts back if necessary. If your threads are moved to trashcan, then the thread is spam/illegal. IE, you don't want your threads moved to trashcan, its a warning just like having posts deleted.

The OP's of the deleted thread should be allowed to view the deleted thread in the trashcan. They should be allowed to view their thread only.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:12:51 PM

The OP's of the deleted thread should be allowed to view the deleted thread in the trashcan. They should be allowed to view their thread only.

That would be a SMF permissions issue. In addition to any other reasons not to allow anyone but moderators to see the trashcan.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:50:09 AM

There's a workaround to see topics that have been moved to the trashcan, if you know the url of a thread that has been moved to trashcan, put cache: in front of it.

For example: cache:bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=topicthathasbeenmovedtotrash

You can now read the thread!
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:38:57 AM

There's a workaround to see topics that have been moved to the trashcan, if you know the url of a thread that has been moved to trashcan, put cache: in front of it.

For example: cache:bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=topicthathasbeenmovedtotrash

You can now read the thread!

If the thread was moved to the trashcan ten minutes after the creation ? I do not think that Google has saved a copy of it , or am I wrong?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:44:11 PM

If the thread was moved to the trashcan ten minutes after the creation ? I do not think that Google has saved a copy of it , or am I wrong?

From what I read*, for BCT, I think it caches in a few mins but might not all posts.

* https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-often-does-google-cache-your-pages-for-search-results.961123

-MZ

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:58:57 PM

From what I read*, for BCT, I think it caches in a few mins but might not all posts.

* https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-often-does-google-cache-your-pages-for-search-results.961123

-MZ

Yes, it depends on the thread and how fast google can index it. Bitcointalk gets cached quite fast, (maybe because the forum has a high PR rating?) But there are a lot of threads and sometimes they don't all get cached. The cache: trick works most of the time for me though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: