Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Evan's turning Darkcoin/ "Dash" into a centralized company  (Read 3452 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Excuseme (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:28:33 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 12:02:47 AM by Excuseme

So, the point of this thread is to express the absolute bullshit that is going on right now. Darkcoin's developer has proposed that Darkcoin be renamed, Dash. I myself am extremely against this renaming as Darkcoin embodies exactly what the currency does, provide anonymity. It's name is "unique" in the sense that it's the first currency to have a privacy centered, english name. Besides my opinion of the name and it's meaningfulness, other important factors also come into play.

1) Type darkcoin into Google, and you'll find a millienia of results around the coin. Darkcoin was also a unique domain name/seo wise, because nothing was ever named Darkcoin before Evan coined the name up in March. Changing it to Dash or any other name will make it 10x harder to get any meaningful google search results.

2) My biggest issue is that Evan continues to treat Darkcoin like a company, not a decentralized currency. From what I've seen, he made plans to go straight into changing Darkcoin's name to Dash without even having a vote on it by the foundation members or darkcoin's community at all. One man can't make decisions like this, yet Evan chooses to do so.

It is that time again for a branding discussion, or is Evan trolling?

we are discussing it, but appearently its getting implemented as we speak

I vote for otohcoin  Grin

So without any vote or anything by the community/foundation members, Evan just goes ahead and decides to make the change to "DASH" by himself, in a coin that's supposed to be decentralized? Give me a fucking break. This is pissing me off completely. Disappointed with him.

There  talk about on Darkcointalk,move from bitcointalk a bit...

As per qwizzie said, " we are discussing it, but appearently its getting implemented as we speak".

when i read the post about rebranding i was kinda hoping this would be an very early 1st of april foolsday joke.

So we are going for a third rebranding in what ? less then 16 months ? i sure hope you guys know what you are doing and
have really thought this through because with a rebranding you will have so much lost already (name recognition for a start)
and its very unsure you achieve what your hoping to achieve with the name Dash. And to be honest i'm not getting any vibe
from the name Dash so i'm not too thrilled about that part either.

my two duffs,

qwizzie

I agree

Let me just say who I am,

I would be considered a Darkcoin "whale"(over 50k DRK), and I've been alongside this coin for ages, since back in March, 2014. Darkcoin's been through some hard, controversial times, but it's pulled through and reached new heights in the crypto world. I recently saw a proposal for a name change(About the 5th time I've seen these talks). All I can say is, I'm fucking tired of it, I'm tired of the fuckups and the changes. Let Darkcoin be the way it is and improve upon Masternode anonymity and instant transactions and whatever other exciting new additions that will come to be. Darkcoin's entire being and recognition as a currency lies in it's name. I myself especially like the name darkcoin because of how powerful it sounds by mouth alone, something that goes against the ever transparent system that's out there. Changing it to something as shitty as "Dash" is utter fucking bullshit.

If Darkcoin continues on this stupid path I'm out, I'm done, and I'm gonna sell my coins and call it quits with this coin. Too much bullshit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:40:05 PM

'Darkcoin' is a horrible name, just go out in the real world and ask people if they want some as payment.

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:41:42 PM

'Darkcoin' is a horrible name, just go out in the real world and ask people if they want some as payment.

Makes no difference, now it will just be "Dash - the coin previously known as Dark."
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:31:33 AM

Corporatist centralizers everywhere... Ripple, Stellar, Bitshares, Ethereum, Maidsafe, and now Darkcoin.

Doesn't anybody remember the reason cryptocurrencies exist anymore?  Remember the decentralized BTC days of yore?  Remember Satoshi and the original vision?

DOWN WITH THE CORPORATIZERS!  DOWN WITH THE CENTRALIZERS!  POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:42:50 AM

Hey kid, go make your own coin then. 

Like it or leave it.

Btw, Darkcoin was a terrible name.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:58:00 AM

Aye. It's not exactly a reassuring title. My coin will be called something lighthearted and friendly. I think I'll go for PinkPanties.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:16:49 AM

So many flavors!!!

sigwo

Activity: 656

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 03:26:35 AM

Here is your Dash
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:31:24 AM

Still better than the name of nxt or nem lol
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 03:42:00 AM

Aye. It's not exactly a reassuring title. My coin will be called something lighthearted and friendly. I think I'll go for PinkPanties.
Darkcoin was probably not the best name if your aiming at the general public but great if you want the anonymous coin community to take notice.

Gentlemand, Regarding your idea for pinkpanties coin, sounds good but won't work because everybody will want the pinkpanties to come down, never up  Tongue

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:37:32 AM

When Darkcoin was created, the name is even not the current name.
It has a master node to mix coin,
From this point, it is centralized .
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:19:38 AM

Shut up peasents, Evan is your God
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:52:28 PM

The code is open. If you don't like Darkcoin fork it, rename it, and make a better coin.

you are welcome.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:38:41 PM

You know what I hate? Cowards who don't even use their real forum name when they wish to state an opinion.

Stop pussin out.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:17:46 AM

Definitely thinking Litecoin lay down that I don't give a fuck about anything message and change the name to Darkcoin.

Gangster.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
night.0wl

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:28:23 AM

You know what I hate? Cowards who don't even use their real forum name when they wish to state an opinion.

Stop pussin out.

maybe he doesnt want to deal with a horde of cult-like lunatics harassing him on his real account because of speaking his mind and giving his opinion  Roll Eyes

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

Stop pussin out.

maybe he doesnt want to deal with a horde of cult-like lunatics harassing him on his real account because of speaking his mind and giving his opinion  Roll Eyes

well then mayhaps he shouldn't be holding said coin.

SurplusBob

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:08:37 AM

They know what is what
But they don't know what is what
They just strut .. what the fuck?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:13:47 AM

Stop pussin out.

What coin?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:22:00 AM

Stop pussin out.

What coin?

when i read the post about rebranding i was kinda hoping this would be an very early 1st of april foolsday joke.

So we are going for a third rebranding in what ? less then 16 months ? i sure hope you guys know what you are doing and
have really thought this through because with a rebranding you will have so much lost already (name recognition for a start)
and its very unsure you achieve what your hoping to achieve with the name Dash. And to be honest i'm not getting any vibe
from the name Dash so i'm not too thrilled about that part either.

my two duffs,

qwizzie

I agree

Let me just say who I am,

I would be considered a Darkcoin "whale"(over 50k DRK), and I've been alongside this coin for ages, since back in March, 2014. Darkcoin's been through some hard, controversial times, but it's pulled through and reached new heights in the crypto world. I recently saw a proposal for a name change(About the 5th time I've seen these talks). All I can say is, I'm fucking tired of it, I'm tired of the fuckups and the changes. Let Darkcoin be the way it is and improve upon Masternode anonymity and instant transactions and whatever other exciting new additions that will come to be. Darkcoin's entire being and recognition as a currency lies in it's name. I myself especially like the name darkcoin because of how powerful it sounds by mouth alone, something that goes against the ever transparent system that's out there. Changing it to something as shitty as "Dash" is utter fucking bullshit.

If Darkcoin continues on this stupid path I'm out, I'm done, and I'm gonna sell my coins and call it quits with this coin. Too much bullshit.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: