Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:26:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Will The Uptrend End  (Read 3424 times)
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:06:41 PM

I think we'll keep having a slow uptrend until 2016. Maybe Q2 2016 will be the beginning of a new bear market.
Don't think so, as there are many events that may stimulate the movement to the upside that planned or close to Q2 of 2016: block halving, start of Gemini (most probably then) to name the most important. It will be difficult, though not impossible, to start the new bear then.

this space is intentionally left blank
Addition

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:19:12 PM

I think March will be all about figuring out whether the price can test $300 and sustainably squeeze past

I agree, with this guy.

The last 2 times we breached $300, we rapidly crashed back down (within 24 Hrs). I hope this time is different and we sustainably stay in the $350 range.
As a trader - I am being cautious at the moment to see if any concrete volume/news occurs to promote this drive. So far, nothing yet - therefore it's possible for the price to crash again like the last 2 times.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:53:17 PM

Look at any all time logarithmic graph and you'll see how the final answer is: Never.
All so called "downtrends" will just be seen as market noise in a couple years.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:00:38 PM

I think March will be all about figuring out whether the price can test $300 and sustainably squeeze past

I agree, with this guy.

The last 2 times we breached $300, we rapidly crashed back down (within 24 Hrs). I hope this time is different and we sustainably stay in the $350 range.
As a trader - I am being cautious at the moment to see if any concrete volume/news occurs to promote this drive. So far, nothing yet - therefore it's possible for the price to crash again like the last 2 times.

I'm not sure I would call the second price movement after the recent $300 breach as a "crash"

We shot up over $300, and retraced back down to $290 before resuming back up quickly to that mid-$290 range.  It looked much different from the early January run-up to $300, and then huge retrace, although even in that instance we ended up higher than when the run-up started.

The action this past week seems just like healthy positive movement, pushing upwards, some selling and then settling in before the next movement.

As for looking for positive news, there's been plenty in the past week that has come out to suggest much higher values for BTC are likely in the future - and is probably undervalued at the moment.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:12:32 AM

Yes it is possible , I personally think the rally is not over yet, there could be a breakout past $300 in the near future and then much higher prices to come.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:43:23 AM

i really think we might see a decent rise this year maybe to around $500
slowly leaving negative sentiment behind and let the bulls make new highs.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:39:54 PM

i really think we might see a decent rise this year maybe to around $500
slowly leaving negative sentiment behind and let the bulls make new highs.
500 will be reached by mid summer IMO, we might maintain it through xmas or see another huge price surge by the end of the year.
Addition

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:01:57 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 03:24:13 AM by Addition

I agree, with this guy.

I'm not sure I would call the second price movement after the recent $300 breach as a "crash"

We shot up over $300, and retraced back down to $290 before resuming back up quickly to that mid-$290 range.  It looked much different from the early January run-up to $300, and then huge retrace, although even in that instance we ended up higher than when the run-up started.

The action this past week seems just like healthy positive movement, pushing upwards, some selling and then settling in before the next movement.

As for looking for positive news, there's been plenty in the past week that has come out to suggest much higher values for BTC are likely in the future - and is probably undervalued at the moment.

Your right according to Bitfinex metrics - I was going off Stamp & e   : )

There has been a decent amount of positive media the past month and resultant steady increase in price. However, I was just pointing out that I haven't heard anything that would convincingly put us in the $350-$400 zone just yet.

Longer-term, I agree with you - BTC's value could be several orders of magnitude higher  Cool
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:40:27 AM

The uptrend will trend when the bitcoin price stabilizes at an uniminaginable high price. Until then everything is percieved as up or downs but in reality years from now it will be clear Bitcoin only appreciated yearly.
Addition

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:12:26 AM

A little bit of a dip this morning moved from $294 : $286 atm on Stamp.

Last mini dump before we go over $300??

Interesting day ahead..
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: