Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PXL] Phalanx | SHA256 | POW | 15,000,000 coins |  (Read 26822 times)
PLX_Dev (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:12:25 AM

Nice one on trying to get a mobile wallet up and running. I do have some questions though, regarding the mobile wallet.

1. Is it an actual app or a web site based wallet?
2. I assume if it is an app it will only work on android since Apple isn't all about adding crypto wallets to the app store, correct?
3. If this is a web based wallet, what kind of security will you have to ensure protection for users against theft and hacks?
4. If it is an app what kind of security will the wallet have?

Thanks.

So Apple has recently began approving altcoin iOS wallets (beyond those of BTC, LTC, and Doge), like Digibyte https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/digibyte-wallet/id954957511?mt=8 . Just worth to note that their attitude and official policy towards virtual currencies have always been vague, which allows them flexibility if they so decide to be more lenient with allowing more crypto wallets in the future. But for now, it appears that coins need to demonstrate network strength and tenure to gain entrance into the Apple App store. As of now, Apple's official policy is as follows, "Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions". It's the approved virtual currencies that was intentionally left vague.

But dev, the android wallet looks great and im looking forward towards future developments Smiley

Thanks for informative kind words. I'm actually piecing together a "road-map" that better explains things a bit more clear. I am a one man army on this element of the PXL project; although I am working "full-time" on it; so I hope once done, this road-map better explains what I've done, working on, and PXL's plans. In addition to constructing a road-map, I've been focused mainly on what was priority on today's agenda (technically yesterdays haha) (compiling a working on MAC wallet with the features , which I'll sneak peak for you all working Smiley. I thank you for the patience and support via DM's.
Vcmint

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:39:28 AM

keep up the good work, looking forward to the roadmap and wallet previews.
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:40:07 PM

Supporters of this project, please vote for PXL on C-Cex

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&v=445
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:12:25 PM

I've manged to include an update for you in the OP; back to work  Smiley
gdavis024

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:34:23 PM

I've manged to include an update for you in the OP; back to work  Smiley

Below you will find the roadmap of Phalanx and detailed information about the development plans, structured in four main phases. Thank you for your interest.

The foundation of Phalanx [PXL] was designed to mimic that of Bitcoin's for very specific reasons. In essence, we will develop four central elements for Phalanx in the short- to midterm, which are outlined hereafter.

1. The Hash Center
The Hash Center will be a platform where miners with massive mining capability could easily configure their mining rig settings to be able to
divide their total hashing power to mine multiple coins of their inputted algorithms. This will include the release of a Scrypt/SHA256 mining outlet, where (top gear) mining equipment and rigs will be made available especially designed for users without such (use ONLY your PXL to rent Scrypt/SHA256 mining rigs to mine whatever coin you want.

2. Decentralized Marketplace
We will design a (decentralized) marketplace within the same client where rig owners could offer their mining capability for anothers mining capability
(for example someone could offer x amount of SHA256 TH/s mining power for x minutes for x amount of Scrypt GH/z). Additionally, users can use crypto coins of their choosing for the mining algorithm (and power) for x amount of whatever coin. In other words:

a) Users will able to rent out their rig(s) for a set time for PXL or BTC in a decentralized fashion (only 2 parties: rig renter and rig owner)
b) Users can "swap" or trade PXL, BTC, or mining power to access other forms of miners with other users (for example, other coin algos such as Scrypt)

3. The Phalanx Lounge
The Phalanx Lounge is a multifunctional concept. First it will allow you to oversee total balances on all crypto-currency wallets and be able to mine as well as store other coins within the same QT-client (please also see point 4 as an easy and on-the-go way of control). Additionally you will be able to trade them on any marketplace (next to the known ones in the western hemisphere we will exclusively support popular Chinese ones).

The lounge will include chat functionality aiming to connect investors, daytraders and especially miners in a sense of an exclusive "Chinese whaleclub". While we target big hash farms with that concept to secure the PXL network/blockchain, all users are welcome: for that the access will be dependent on either the hash power contributed to the network or current PXL holdings. We plan to make the community vote for the necessary amount of PXL to get access every month after the Phalanx Lounge went live. In the case of extreme price volatility this time frame can be of course adjusted accordingly.

4. Control Center
As you will be able to trade PXL/BTC/other coins directly on exchanges in the QT-client, we plan to have all this functionality accessible and controllable for our users from their PC wallet or smart-devices (such as a smartphones or tablets). First and foremost we will target the Android market due to Apples strict policy towards crypto-currency applications, but with the recent addition of Bitcoin apps back into the iOS appstore we will keep the option open to release an iOS app as well.

In summary we believe that this concept will enable us to establish a solid and robust crypto-currency, backed by a secure blockchain, where future services can be build on. We don't believe in useless hype features from many quickly pushed out coins that in the end never come into existence or are useless for real life businesses. For a coin to succeed long term solid ground work has to be done, which in essence makes real life adoption possible.

Thanks for the update Dev!! I really like the direction you're planning on taking the coin Smiley Do you have intention to include addition items in the marketplace? Like physical goods?

I'm glad I mined at the start and continued to mine throughout POW so far. It actually looks like in the sea of shit/scam coins that currently flood the market, that we actually may have found a legitimate project with a dedicated dev and a unique use case for the coin. I'll be holding and looking forward to where this path takes us.
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

Nice update, things are looking good!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:47:34 PM

WTB please send pm.
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:22:04 PM

Welcome!

https://c-cex.com/?p=pxl-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=pxl-usd

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:25:07 PM

Thank you C-Cex  Smiley
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:43:07 PM

PICISI will be a crowdfunding website that will accept fiat as well as cryptocurrency for campaign donations.
There will be a ton of sponsorship opportunities.  Here are our primary sponsorship opportunities:

1)  Host CC Sponsor -  One of the best ways to get your coin into the hands of someone is to simply give it to them, however the best way to get your coin used by the general public is to get your coin into their hands and have them use it in a real life application.  When an organizer starts a campaign at PICISI s/he has a choice of what CC currency type to select, the first choice is “sponsor currency” this is the organizer indicating a willingness to have his campaign sponsored at the host CC level.  Once the sponsor is finally selected that currency will be the currency that all other CCs donated to that campaign will be converted to for the duration of that particular campaign. 

This is major because everyone that visits that campaign will see your currency, but the will not only see but will likely use the funds to do business with one of the contractors at the site during the campaign.   If they don't use it during the campaign, over that month of close interaction with your currency they are very likely to want to learn more about your coin so that by the end of the campaign they will make the deliberate decision to download a wallet, open an exchange account, or simply convert out of the currency.   Regardless of what they actually choose to do your CC has certainly been branded into their mind in a very positive way.

2)  Campaign Sponsor - this is the most common type of sponsorship outside of PICISI;  the sponsor’s logo is affixed to the body of campaign text in an area set aside for campaign sponsors.  The higher your donation the higher your logo is located in the sponsorship logo area.

3)  Donor Perk Sponsor -  a sponsor provided perk escrowed by PICISI on behalf of a specific campaign where it will be used.   If the perk is not requested by any qualified donor it will be converted to host CC and donated to the campaign

4)  Advertising Perk Sponsor -  a sponsor provided perk escrowed by PICISI on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk or returned to the sponsor.  If the perk is not requested by any qualified campaign donor the perk is sent back to the sponsor -- the perk is NOT donated to the campaign.

and

5)  Campaign Video Sponsor -  the first 5 second of the campaign organizer's video is allocated for the Campaign Video Sponsor, this is where the sponsor will indicate: “This video is brought to you by … [say sponsor's name, show sponsor's logo, and say sponsor's catchphrase]”

PICISI is currently sponsored by:

That sounds really cool; but to be frank; primary concern is full feature functionality for all OS's were releasing on for the PXL wallet. Following which we can discuss advertising and things of this nature.   Smiley
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:57:38 PM

Supporters of this project, please vote for PXL on C-Cex

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&v=445

Congrats on the C-Cex listing!

twitter.com/notsofast
glen123
Legendary

Activity: 1028

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:04:48 AM

Congrats for C-Cex !

Coin working good , Pool opend :

http://gcpool.ddns.net/plx/public

Join the Party

gitbknowsall

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:20:18 AM

when does pow end ? is it possible for community petition to end pow soon and start pos ?
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:10:43 AM

when does pow end ? is it possible for community petition to end pow soon and start pos ?

Your question implies there is going to be a PoS phase. Maybe i missed that, but I didn't think that was part of the Dev's plan. Besides a community petition to end PoW phase would be like hijacking the coin even though the Dev is obviously dedicated and making things happen. I see no need for this. I'd like to see this play out. You definitely wouldn't get my support in hijacking PLX_Dev's coin. Sorry.

pow takes alot of energy, it isnt profitable atm to mine. It consumes alot of energy.... it also helps strengthen the network by making it an incentive to stake in a wallet which helps network strength. Im not trying to hijack anything I'm asking about something logical.
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:20:39 AM

Your question implies there is going to be a PoS phase. Maybe i missed that, but I didn't think that was part of the Dev's plan. Besides a community petition to end PoW phase would be like hijacking the coin even though the Dev is obviously dedicated and making things happen. I see no need for this. I'd like to see this play out. You definitely wouldn't get my support in hijacking PLX_Dev's coin. Sorry.

pow takes alot of energy, it isnt profitable atm to mine. It consumes alot of energy.... it also helps strengthen the network by making it an incentive to stake in a wallet which helps network strength. Im not trying to hijack anything I'm asking about something logical.

Once released with PXL; "features" have been written to be open source, for others to build upon at their will. Knowledge is contagious and hope it spreads  Smiley
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:24:44 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 03:43:00 AM by PLX_Dev

On the topic of punctuation, grammar , and such Smiley, looking for an English to Chinese translator; please msg. *Update* Thank you; found someone.
PLX_Dev (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:57:39 AM

Update:

1) First, thank you again to C-Cex.com for adding PXL coin! We anticipate an exciting April for PXL and are truly thankful for your exchanges hospitality.

2) Very thankful to the crypto community and their sudden willingness to help, efforts are more than welcome and if people want to open other "discussion means"  they should do it; in the end the spirit of crypto is open source and EVERYONE has the right to contribute, collaborate, and communicate.
I'll set up a PXL related Reddit and post it here later today.

3)MAC QT wallet completed with full feature functionality.

4)Must sleep; then back to work on this project; happy Easter Smiley
Vcmint

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Happy Easter and thanks for the update.
MRPcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:21:31 PM