Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forgot your password not working ?  (Read 1027 times)
m5city (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:59:22 AM

A friend try to login forum today, but he can't find his password, and he try to reset his password with email, but none email was recieved, is it still working? and maybe he forgot which email he registed, what should he do now? please help!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:11:04 AM

tell him to check his spam folder, sometime they end there, if he deleted everything there accidentally, try to send it again
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:12:03 AM

They should check all of their email accounts and in spam folders to see if they received the password reset email.  If they didn't then they should try again to reset it.
If they still don't get an email then try to get into the account using the possible passwords, assuming they either have them logged somewhere or have a set of passwords they use.

If that doesn't work, then it looks like they have lost the account and should start a new one, it's only really bad if they had positive trust or it was an high activity account.  
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:16:47 AM

I believe You can PM Theymos for it!
If it was a High Ranked Account , you should get it back.
And if it belongs to you , Provide a proper proof like signing a message
http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/03/new-feature-sign-in-with-your-bitcoin.html
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:28:26 AM

Can you tell me which email provider is your friend uing? Some of them have problem with Hotmail*. I think your friend is also using it? If not, check every folder or click unread(if it supports), Gmail supports this.

If your friend can't see it, probably, you entered a wrong or a different email address. Your friend may have to proove the ownership of the account to recover it. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

* https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949175.0

-MZ

steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

I never experienced this kind, has been trying to reset a few times and see the spam folder, but still nothing. This system probably is not running.

and I tried to PM theymos he never responded to me, even though I've been a few times makes the PM to theymos
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:20:07 PM

I never experienced this kind, has been trying to reset a few times and see the spam folder, but still nothing. This system probably is not running.

Can you please answer to my above question(s)?

and I tried to PM theymos he never responded to me, even though I've been a few times makes the PM to theymos

One PM might not do anything as his inbox is flooded with PMs most of the time. Try to send PM once in a week or two. Don't forget to include proofs.

-MZ

m5city (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:44:22 PM

Can you please answer to my above question(s)?

One PM might not do anything as his inbox is flooded with PMs most of the time. Try to send PM once in a week or two. Don't forget to include proofs.

-MZ

thank you for all your answers.  he's account is not  High Ranked, but in some business, this guy is! i will just let him PM theymos, hope someing good will happen!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: