Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:20:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iSpy - Don't buy Apple products  (Read 1101 times)
Valta Crypto (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:05:38 PM

The security researchers presented their latest tactics and achievements at a secret annual gathering, called the “Jamboree,” where attendees discussed strategies for exploiting security flaws in household and commercial electronics. The conferences have spanned nearly a decade, with the first CIA-sponsored meeting taking place a year before the first iPhone was released.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/10/ispy-cia-campaign-steal-apples-secrets/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:37:47 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 05:02:17 PM by BitMos

The security researchers presented their latest tactics and achievements at a secret annual gathering, called the “Jamboree,” where attendees discussed strategies for exploiting security flaws in household and commercial electronics. The conferences have spanned nearly a decade, with the first CIA-sponsored meeting taking place a year before the first iPhone was released.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/10/ispy-cia-campaign-steal-apples-secrets/

In short or I buy an American product under ndaa or a foreign made product that will be too under surveillance. Notable difference is that with the American product I will be spied on but I can say what ever I want (lies too), with the others... who knows.

edit: as expected.

money is faster...
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:51:49 PM

I'm sure ISIS are die hard Apple fanatics, always walking around with Iphones whilst plotting their next beheading. Thank god we've got the CIA looking over our shoulders keeping us safe.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:02:53 PM

I don't own any Apple products and i'm not planning to. I would love to hear from hardcore Apple fans, why we should choose their products over other widely available that cost less and offer more.
Sadly, Apple is not the only company that monitors your activity and it's going to get worse. They are planning to add tracking chips to your money, to be able to track you and your expenses. FU big brother!

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:44:07 AM

It sucks that Apple would be the organization penalized because of the CIA's actions. Why do you say "don't do business with the company" when the company is the victim?! How about instead of penalizing the business you protest the organization trying to exploit the business?

Don't damn the enterprising folks because of the man.

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:51:36 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all, they still do it now and always will. Unfortunately technology comes at a price and that is to give up your privacy, if you want full privacy you stay away from devices but we all know that is unlikely.
Valta Crypto (OP)

Activity: 243

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:14:39 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all, they still do it now and always will. Unfortunately technology comes at a price and that is to give up your privacy, if you want full privacy you stay away from devices but we all know that is unlikely.

But that doesn't have to be that way and Apple is also guilty. How someone has been able to "break in" their systems and devices so many years without being noticed?
It's just a CIA puppet company.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

You're making a fuss about nothing, I also read a new about NSA was seeking to break iOS to get access to user information and that means iOS devices are safe so far. So could tell which news is real?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:45:17 AM

I'm afraid the situation isn't any better in the case of any other major producers (MS, Google, BB).
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:46:51 AM

Like snail said. You can't really penalize Apple products when we know that the NSA already has all their rootkits, malware, and such that they have preinstalled to Microsoft computers and such.
Giggs

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:02:04 AM

Like snail said. You can't really penalize Apple products when we know that the NSA already has all their rootkits, malware, and such that they have preinstalled to Microsoft computers and such.

Exactly. Nothing is safe from these NSA bastards. What we really need is mass boycot of any and all companies that agree to this and a mass protest of our rights and liberties being eroded because they're chipping away at them bit by bit until there's going to be little left we can do in private without it being recorded and filled away somewhere.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:12:21 AM

Exactly. Nothing is safe from these NSA bastards. What we really need is mass boycot of any and all companies that agree to this and a mass protest of our rights and liberties being eroded because they're chipping away at them bit by bit until there's going to be little left we can do in private without it being recorded and filled away somewhere.

That going to be difficult. As I see a large part of the "masses" would sell even their own mothers to get the latest and greatest Apple, HTC, Samsung, whatever most fashionable gadgets. These lads and lasses are not used to bother about their liberties until the police/secret service turns up on their doorstep for asking questions about some aspects of their conversations/emails.
fiN.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:45:21 AM

That going to be difficult. As I see a large part of the "masses" would sell even their own mothers to get the latest and greatest Apple, HTC, Samsung, whatever most fashionable gadgets. These lads and lasses are not used to bother about their liberties until the police/secret service turns up on their doorstep for asking questions about some aspects of their conversations/emails.

Exactly. This is sadly just a part of the sheepish masses not really caring but they've better wake up to their rites being eroded because they'll be in for a shock when they realize all their naked selfies and controversial texts and emails are being used against you in whatever way. I think there's only so much people will take before they've had enough but I'm very shocked and dissapointed more people have not been outraged by the current level of snooping on our devices.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:37:10 PM

This is a bold statement. You can't claim that 'nothing' is safe.
Nothing is unsafe, until proven otherwise. I've always been telling people to stay away from Apple for multiple reasons, they wouldn't listen because of the iAddicted brand. I guess people with average/lower IQ need that.
Anyhow a perfect example of something that is safe is https://protonmail.ch/. This is how you slowly back away from services that are being spied on.
That's an encrypted email provider.

P.S. Even Paypal dislikes them: http://www.zdnet.com/article/paypal-freezes-out-protonmail-asks-if-startup-has-government-permission-to-encrypt-email/

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:50:47 PM

Nothing is unsafe, until proven otherwise. I've always been telling people to stay away from Apple for multiple reasons, they wouldn't listen because of the iAddicted brand. I guess people with average/lower IQ need that.
Anyhow a perfect example of something that is safe is https://protonmail.ch/. This is how you slowly back away from services that are being spied on.

P.S. Even Paypal dislikes them: http://www.zdnet.com/article/paypal-freezes-out-protonmail-asks-if-startup-has-government-permission-to-encrypt-email/

thanks for the links! protonmail.ch sounds really awesome, i'm reading and testing right now Smiley

it seems to be functioning like threema? (smartphone chat app)

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:57:42 PM

thanks for the links! protonmail.ch sounds really awesome, i'm reading and testing right now Smiley

How are you testing it right now? You have to sign up and wait for an invite due to the high demand. Well from the looks of it it works, but I haven't exchanged email with another protonmail user.
You can encrypt protonmail -> gmail (and others), by telling the person a specific code of your choice.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:19:49 PM

Interesting....never heard of protonmail before. I see they accept btc for donations so hopefully the paypal freeze wont affect them too much.

Great to see more providers offering free email with built in end-to-end encryption. Hope I can get an invite Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:41:02 PM

How are you testing it right now? You have to sign up and wait for an invite due to the high demand. Well from the looks of it it works, but I haven't exchanged email with another protonmail user.
You can encrypt protonmail -> gmail (and others), by telling the person a specific code of your choice.

i rather meant i was reading about them right now haha
while registering for it i noticed too Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌