Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Startup 21 raises record funding $116 mill, aims at mainstreaming BTC  (Read 3624 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:20:32 AM

No need to "Question Authority" all the time... Cool

though you need to question a 'dencentralised' system having 'authority'  Wink

Threads like this make me believe people need a central authority to make them feel successful. If there's not some big rich powerful collective guiding the direction they aren't happy. Or maybe they're just greedy fucks looking to cash out at the earliest opportunity and big rich powerful collectives will help them do that faster.

the irony in gavin only having to convince 5 people to make the change, thats a hell of alot less people then had to be convinced for the too big to fail banks to be bailed out...........hmmm gotta love 'decentralised' cryptocurrencies...such a great alternative to the centralised banks controlled fiat.

The only thing left to do is wait for all the mining to be done in a couple of super farms in China and some corporation to become the source of the official client. Then you and I can cash out and move to something else. Bitcoin will keep working just fine. The dollar never stopped working I just don't want to use it.

theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:40:15 AM

ill be waiting on the sidelines to see what this is really about. too early to tell now even though it looks encouraging.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

thats a huge amount for funding.  i wonder what they will do in this space.  what is all the money for?  there has to be a plan of attack to raise such funds im assuming.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:03:53 PM

From what I read, I think they are more interested in the blockchain technology rather than bitcoin itself. Since they didn't reveal into detail what they are up to, I supposed it has something to do with another altcoin? No...Or I see creation of new database to support some products that is also based on public ledger, either way, still has nothing to do with bitcoin.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:17:32 PM

From what I read, I think they are more interested in the blockchain technology rather than bitcoin itself. Since they didn't reveal into detail what they are up to, I supposed it has something to do with another altcoin? No...Or I see creation of new database to support some products that is also based on public ledger, either way, still has nothing to do with bitcoin.

More likely trying to integrate the blockchain technology into existing banking/finance sector. Could save a lot of paperwork and layoff more than a dozen departments.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:21:12 PM

More likely trying to integrate the blockchain technology into existing banking/finance sector. Could save a lot of paperwork and layoff more than a dozen departments.

That's true, and because of that, a lot of corruption might get into control as if even some level of centralization takes place, as that only will get it going and anonymity might get harmed.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:26:09 PM

What they should do is just embrace Bitcoin fully, putting the problem into the blockchain will not magically solve it.
wilth1

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:51:35 PM

Just for fun:
Thiel -> Derpbook, Palantir -> 3 letter agencies

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:01:16 PM

$116 million is an impressive number, I think they are the best funded bitcoin start up ever.

Yep it is i think, great news.  This could be it guys hold onto your hats.

Geez wake up man. It's not a bitcoin start up, they will just use the blockchain idea for their own products, not bitcoin or its network.
Curious how you determined this. I read through their stuff and everything pointed to the use of bitcoin between networked devices. Did I miss something?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:03:23 PM

$116 million is an impressive number, I think they are the best funded bitcoin start up ever.

Yep it is i think, great news.  This could be it guys hold onto your hats.

Geez wake up man. It's not a bitcoin start up, they will just use the blockchain idea for their own products, not bitcoin or its network.
Curious how you determined this. I read through their stuff and everything pointed to the use of bitcoin between networked devices. Did I miss something?

Me too. I've read and sift through some of the articles regarding the said start-up and I did not see anything fishy.

Hard to jump on conclusions without sufficient basis man. But still probable, though.
Fargo

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:06:13 PM

In other news, coindesk is giving away a mac  Grin

https://deals.coindesk.com/giveaways/the-macbook-pro-giveaway

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:19:56 PM

I still don't get it.  So if I link my phone and computer together with the block chain what does it accomplish?
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:20:05 PM

With that kind of funding we'll hear about it sooner or later. I'm sure a large chunk of that will go to marketing themselves all over the place.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: