Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial Quadriga Cx Thread  (Read 24286 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:48:05 PM

Some of these comments worry me.

If this company goes bankrupt, can they reverse any of the Interac e-Transfers? Maybe I should choose the mailed cheque option instead. After 1 week if its cleared, impossible to reverse the transaction.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daweller

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 10:38:43 AM

Aw damn, I am nervous now...
I deposited about $1500 in BTC... then sold for CAD... then initiated a bank wire withdrawal to my bank account.
It has been 4 business days, and they do say it takes 4-7 business days. ( no money in my fiat bank account yet )
Just bugs me, because when I look at my withdrawal history, it lists the withdrawal as 'completed'

Anyone have any withdrawal experiences with Quadriga?
superawesomeusername

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:21:51 AM

Seems for Interac withdrawal transfer to take forever. Say's officially on their site that it takes two business days but I know from experience that they can take up to 5 business days. Come on quadriga get it together!
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:28:07 AM

Since they cancelled the EFT deposit option, Bitstamp has enabled it (for Canadians). Guess where I do my buying now instead  Tongue  Actual liquidity, and no stupidly low limits.  I don't know if it's their own internal issues, or regulatory problems, but they don't seem to be able to compete.  Too bad, as I'd rather deal local than not, but business is business.  Sink or swim.
daweller

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:14:43 AM

Seems for Interac withdrawal transfer to take forever. Say's officially on their site that it takes two business days but I know from experience that they can take up to 5 business days. Come on quadriga get it together!

Hey SuperAwesome...
Did you ever try a wire withdrawal?
What do you think, you think my money is gone?
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:36:14 AM

Since they cancelled the EFT deposit option, Bitstamp has enabled it (for Canadians). Guess where I do my buying now instead  Tongue  Actual liquidity, and no stupidly low limits.  I don't know if it's their own internal issues, or regulatory problems, but they don't seem to be able to compete.  Too bad, as I'd rather deal local than not, but business is business.  Sink or swim.

It's kind of strange since I opened this thread to look for another option to cavirtex but then they got bought and the chance for Quadriga to attract my business kind of nulled itself for now as virtex is still operating.
That said its a bit strange that there still isn't an official thread.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
superawesomeusername

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:15:18 PM

Hey SuperAwesome...

Hey, I'd give it a bit longer before giving up hope. I have had 3 successful withdraws but have never used the wire method yet, so can't speak from experience there. They seem very slow to withdrawal with interac so I'd say a wire will take them a lot longer than they say! On another note there's now a cryptsy.ca, so think I'll try out them next! It bothers me that they take so long, like seriously think they should hire more people over there!
daweller

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:54:04 PM

Thanks
Got my payment today
about 5-6 business days, so I can't complain.

Hey SuperAwesome...

Hey, I'd give it a bit longer before giving up hope. I have had 3 successful withdraws but have never used the wire method yet, so can't speak from experience there. They seem very slow to withdrawal with interac so I'd say a wire will take them a lot longer than they say! On another note there's now a cryptsy.ca, so think I'll try out them next! It bothers me that they take so long, like seriously think they should hire more people over there!
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:03:56 AM

It's kind of strange since I opened this thread to look for another option to cavirtex but then they got bought and the chance for Quadriga to attract my business kind of nulled itself for now as virtex is still operating.
That said its a bit strange that there still isn't an official thread.

I haven't used virtex since the change.  Same old (or less) volume?  how's the ingress/egress speed?  Used to be as pathetic as Quadriga is now, and I have to wonder if they have split the meager business available.  Once the next boom takes off, it might be good to have more options (remember 2013 Virtex choking like gox?), but right now they might be slitting each other's throats for peanuts.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:42:07 AM

Update on alternative:

Sent a EFT deposit to bitstamp on the weekend.  Just got (weds afternoon) confirmation of deposit.  So 3 working days.  Best from virtex or Quadriga has been many times that, 2 weeks or more.  Awesome to have a viable option for buying btc again!  Other side of the city vs. Other side of the world.  Go figure.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:12:30 PM

DO NOT use quadrigacx, their withdrawals take forever. Very unreliable.
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:47:33 PM

I`m Having HUGE problems with withdrawls, and when contacting them, they just give you the run around about delays etc, it`s been over 2 weeks since i asked for a 2000$ EFT transfers and still waiting,  this is the fourth transfer i do, and had problems with 3 of them. i will be looking for an alternative for the future.
herbiehasher

Activity: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:29:34 PM

I`m Having HUGE problems with withdrawls, and when contacting them, they just give you the run around about delays etc, it`s been over 2 weeks since i asked for a 2000$ EFT transfers and still waiting,  this is the fourth transfer i do, and had problems with 3 of them. i will be looking for an alternative for the future.

Is anyone having trouble getting a 2FA ?
I can't get in.
canuck

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:52:57 AM

Just posting in this thread to add relevant information for Googlers and seasoned Bitcoiners alike. My awful experience with Quadriga.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5p0irt/my_terribly_negative_experience_with_quadrigacx/
burliko

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:30:54 AM

STAY AWAY FROM THESE UMMATURE CHILDISH people trying to manage an exhange-
Can't take an inquiry or any comment that is a sniff negative without Getting childishly defensive and Suspending that user's account and freezing their funds-

RUN
pajott

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:52:50 AM

How can ETH transactions with more than 100 confirmations on the blockchain show as pending and with 1 confirmation on QuadrigaCX!? It happened before and nobody says anything, no post anywhere to let people know there is a problem and that it is being worked on, etc. Really puzzling...
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:17:57 PM

ive done about a dozen ETF withdrawals, and it does take about 2 week on average - and works every time.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:53:58 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 08:37:52 AM by freedomno1

Back in 2018 three year update

I have used Quadriga the exchange seems to work the plus is that it's a lot more functional than Kraken ever is.

A user can deposit and not lock the account after a few password attempts and need to open a new support ticket to unlock it again .... when that site lags like heck all the time and people thought cavirtex was a pain Kraken is worse if its not a 520 its a bug then a lock account cause the server is performing so poorly it can't even log you in growing pains plus being cheap on servers means Kraken sucks.

Back to Quadrigacx

When the limits are reasonable and they did those weird Poland and Hong Kong wires it is a functional exchange, it is usable now at a dripping pace of deposits my experience is limited to only loading onto the exchange and sending crypto away I have not used the deposit to bank account side.

Canadian Deposits

Interac e-Transfer
This option has been temporarily disabled until we can automate the process. We do not have an ETA. In the meantime, please use Electronic Funds transfer or Interac Online.

Until that is resolved the exchange is only recommended for small deposits you literally have to drip in 750 CAD every 24 hours on the dot for a month to get a decent sum in which sucks for those who want to buy or purchase coins in a timely manner.  

Now the minimum wire is $100,000 dollars where it was a reasonable amount before.

IMPORTANT: 3rd party fundings are NOT permitted. Funds must be sent from an account where the name matches the verified name within your QuadrigaCX profile. If you are sending from a business account that you didn't complete verification for then you must first open a ticket, attaching your Articles of Incorporation asking us to update your account. The minimum amount for this funding method is $100,000 CAD. If you send less than $100,000 the funds will be retained for up to 30 days and returned minus a 10% administration fee.

If you use US banking you can attempt to bypass it haven't tested it however it might be a functional solution.

While it is a pain Interac does work promptly at a 1.5% fee and cap of 750 CAD a day it is instant which makes it usable if your patiently building.

If you want more than $750 a day you can add in one EFT a week which is processed within 5 Business Days allowing up to 6000 CAD as the upper limit of deposits a week minus fees (78.75+18.75) or 5902.50 CAD Dollars a week.

I did do my one test wire in the past and having to send it to Poland was amusing since the local bank branch was like this is sketch and I offered to pay their service charge and they still were not smart enough to do it.
After telling the bankers off for not knowing how to do a wire I did it at home took 5 mins with online banking and recieved the funds with ease taking screenshots at every step of the process and then attaching them to the upload and making sure they damn saw those numbers lol.

Overall the exchange won't crash every 5 mins only ever saw it peak load once over my use during a LTC rally other than that its a usable if really small pond exchange.

(Regarding the Cryptocapital option never used it don't think I want to use it and would need more opinions on that option seems like a trap)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:42:17 PM

Thanks for your views. I have had a somewhat different experience.

Some of the statements in your post makes it sound like you work there. Maybe they are quotes that you pasted in. In any case I hope someone who does work there reads some of the critical comments in this thread, so that hopefully they can improve.

I use both Quad and Kraken. Things do seem to work smoother at Quad, but things have been getting better at Kraken with recent updates, which are still on-going. And a lot of the problems are a result of the recent influx of new sign-ups( which maybe Quad has less of, making it less apt to get bogged down ). Apart from the slow-downs from overloads etc. I would say that technically, in terms of trading options, security features, and other functionality, that Kraken is a better site/organization. Much better than Virtex, which I was a member of since its start.

And there is one BIG problem with Quad that Kraken is much much better with: Customer support.

Consider this comment from a few posts back. I have heard this from others and have experienced it, to a certain extent, myself:

Can't take an inquiry or any comment that is a sniff negative without Getting childishly defensive and Suspending that user's account and freezing their funds-

RUN

Kraken, in my dealings with them, has always been professional, responsive and courteous. They seem a lot more aware of how frustrating it can be for users when it comes to problems involving their money. The support staff at Quad seems just the opposite. Words like "childish" are what came to my mind as well.

I will continue to be a member of Quad but I find myself using Kraken more often if for no other reason than the peace of mind of knowing that if something does go wrong it will be taken care of as quickly and professionally as possible.

I do have criticisms and concerns about Kraken as well but this is a Quadriga thread so this isn't the place for that. I find that I can express those criticisms to Kraken directly without the fear of a petulant vindictive response.

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:58:17 PM

Thanks for your views. I have had a somewhat different experience.

Some of the statements in your post makes it sound like you work there. Maybe they are quotes that you pasted in. In any case I hope someone who does work there reads some of the critical comments in this thread, so that hopefully they can improve.

I use both Quad and Kraken. Things do seem to work smoother at Quad, but things have been getting better at Kraken with recent updates, which are still on-going. And a lot of the problems are a result of the recent influx of new sign-ups( which maybe Quad has less of, making it less apt to get bogged down ). Apart from the slow-downs from overloads etc. I would say that technically, in terms of trading options, security features, and other functionality, that Kraken is a better site/organization. Much better than Virtex, which I was a member of since its start.

And there is one BIG problem with Quad that Kraken is much much better with: Customer support.

Consider this comment from a few posts back. I have heard this from others and have experienced it, to a certain extent, myself:

RUN

Kraken, in my dealings with them, has always been professional, responsive and courteous. They seem a lot more aware of how frustrating it can be for users when it comes to problems involving their money. The support staff at Quad seems just the opposite. Words like "childish" are what came to my mind as well.

I will continue to be a member of Quad but I find myself using Kraken more often if for no other reason than the peace of mind of knowing that if something does go wrong it will be taken care of as quickly and professionally as possible.

I do have criticisms and concerns about Kraken as well but this is a Quadriga thread so this isn't the place for that. I find that I can express those criticisms to Kraken directly without the fear of a petulant vindictive response.

Kraken is unusable.  I was unable to log in at all last year, went through many hour long+ sessions of resetting passwords etc and endless captchas at blinding dial-up speeds, all ending in failure.  They need a new toaster, plain and simple.

Quadriga has always functioned for me in and out, though the funding and withdrawal merry-go-round of banks and options and fees gets old, not to mention the average 2 week transactions.  I understand that is Banks, not the exchange, but, fuck it, you know?  why bother with the hassle when Bitstamp is faster both ways, cheaper, and has far better liquidity.  Let's see what 2018 brings us.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: