Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the blood on the street drying up?  (Read 1969 times)
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:58:22 PM

It looks like some upward pressure is building and I'm not sure I like it. This rise is fast enough that it looks like another bubble. It would be better, IMO, if we saw a rise of $5-6USD per week. But whatever. For the moment I'm going to stop buying and move into a spending phase.
Remember the best time to buy is when there is nothing but pessimism and "blood on the streets". Now that we are rallying it is a better time to spend coins and take some profits. So the $230 bitcoin you bought last week is now super money worth more than what you paid.   

Or maybe you have another strategy? Do tell.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
drbrock

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

New to BTC not new to the Empire of Chaos

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:03:14 PM

Hmmm, well as someone who only has about 7.5btc to my name I am holding tight for the long term. Living in the UK is fairly difficult for me to use exchanges for trading on a day to day basis. Also really to make any progress I would either have to trade with a lot more btc than I currently am (sort of playing around with half a bitcoin on coinbase) or the price needs to be a lot more volatile.

To be honest was kinda hoping prices would have fallen to around 100/150 dollars so that I could afford to buy a few more btc but hey its all good

████████████
A  S  K   C O I N        Plug&Play Exchange Integrated with Twitter !
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:12:52 PM

It looks like some upward pressure is building and I'm not sure I like it. This rise is fast enough that it looks like another bubble. It would be better, IMO, if we saw a rise of $5-6USD per week. But whatever. For the moment I'm going to stop buying and move into a spending phase.
Remember the best time to buy is when there is nothing but pessimism and "blood on the streets". Now that we are rallying it is a better time to spend coins and take some profits. So the $230 bitcoin you bought last week is now super money worth more than what you paid.   

i think that's a bad idea given that the historical ramps have been on the order of 10x. 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:14:53 PM

i don't see any fast rise, it looks to me a slow climb, which is good, a really slow rise like 5-6 dollars per week, can't be achieved now, we need more adoption for that

my strategy is to hold for now, shorting now it's crazy, better to wait for a bit we will pass 300-350 easily

RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:24:02 PM

Hmmm, well as someone who only has about 7.5btc to my name I am holding tight for the long term...
Makes sense. It looks like it may go up for a while. If only we could know the future, then we could spend before the pop and buy back before the next ramp. 

i think that's a bad idea given that the historical ramps have been on the order of 10x. 

True. My hope (that is all it really is) would be for a flattening of the ramp to a slow climb rather than a boom/bust cycle. It may just be the way BTC works and a permanent feature?

i don't see any fast rise, it looks to me a slow climb, which is good, a really slow rise like 5-6 dollars per week, can't be achieved now, we need more adoption for that

my strategy is to hold for now, shorting now it's crazy, better to wait for a bit we will pass 300-350 easily
Yes. adoption is the key. The *problem is that speculators are not basing their price on utility. They are trying to guess future demand. That normally leads to overshooting the mark and inevitably crashing to correct.

*Since this is what speculation is, it's not really a problem.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:29:04 PM

I honestly consider this as a good profit already (I sold a bit when the price reached $300). The pressure from the buy side is high, and I can't tell whether I like it or not. I guess I like the slow rises better than this one though it still is pretty good for me.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:06:12 PM

It looks like some upward pressure is building and I'm not sure I like it. This rise is fast enough that it looks like another bubble.

I'm bullish on these consistent gains, but am nowhere near ready to start talking bubble yet.  If we keep going at the rate of February through the month of March and into the beginning of April, though, and then it might be time for bubble-talk.

I think we have a ways to go upward to get back to BTC's current expected value.  The correction from $1200 -> $200 seems like it was oversold.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:15:31 PM

Sometimes new price paradigms are created throw big fast price rises than seem like bubbles, but then after a small correction they don't pop. So never see fast price surges as a negative thing.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:16:20 PM

+1 ^^this^^

it's understandable that people have forgotten how crazy high it can get after a 14 month bear market. Remember all it takes is 0.2%of world population to decide they want just one bitcoin each, and it would be impossible even at $1 million/bitcoin.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:29:49 PM

As past price movements set the market up for future movements, I do expect that the correction from this long bear market will be significant, but it won't happen in a day. More like a matter of months.

We are still digging ourselves out of the grave... next stop is the foothills above $500, then the injection of more outside capital as the herd begins panic buying will fuel a relatively quick parabolic rise that of course will not be sustainable and will burst in tremendtous fashion as the cycle begins again.

That is, barring any major catastrophe Wink
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:03:14 PM

Great insights guys. And interesting reading.

Who knows? But It seems like the dead wood has been cut out and some sort or rally is at hand. My strategy is to run counter to the market, so while I'm happy to see a rally, crashes are my buy signal.

Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:05:19 PM

It really isn't that fast... I remember the price fluctuating over $100 a year ago, even back in January we saw a $250-$310 rise within 12 hours - that was a bubble. Breaking out with some momentum isn't bad at all!

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:19:18 PM

I've been gradually buying small amounts for months. I'm in for the long term.

EDIT:

<< First post as a Hero Member.  Smiley

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:50:49 PM

It looks like some upward pressure is building and I'm not sure I like it. This rise is fast enough that it looks like another bubble. It would be better, IMO, if we saw a rise of $5-6USD per week. But whatever. \

ACtually I feel the rise hasn't been in the bubble trend this time. Usually I have seen price rising and falling by 50 $ in one day. but this time its going up slowly, and has been a lot of days that it has been increasing since.

Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:51:12 PM

Even whispering bubble isn't justified until $1251. I think a preposterous upswing in price is just what's needed now to finally get mainstream adoption up and running, people will be sprinting to their banks if they know the story.

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:11:36 PM

+1 ^^this^^

it's understandable that people have forgotten how crazy high it can get after a 14 month bear market. Remember all it takes is 0.2%of world population to decide they want just one bitcoin each, and it would be impossible even at $1 million/bitcoin.

I think what's strange is the fact that it's happening so fast and right after capitulation, thought we'd go sideways for a while first
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:21:40 PM

+1 ^^this^^

I think what's strange is the fact that it's happening so fast and right after capitulation, thought we'd go sideways for a while first

I'm thinking this is because the correction down from $1200 -> $200 was too much, and the market is oversold.  BTC's value after everything that improved in the infrastructure since summer 2013 means it probably belongs at a value quite a bit above $200.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:53:47 AM

good wits jump

ALREADY set the sell orders at $295, I predict prices will return to $250 after a week

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:16:23 AM

The biggest (and possibly only) chance for bears or people who haven't gotten on the train until now is that we bounce off of $350... That could push us back to $100 even... But I think we'll break that resistance!

waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:32:35 AM

My opinion is that it will still continue to rise in the $300-$340 and it will probably stabilize in that range for awhile.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: