Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Fabulous question....  (Read 2584 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:04:04 PM

Does anyone know if there's a way to see current bids on existing sites?  It seems that Operation Fabulous lists out all of the websites and their minimum bids, but do the bids stay hidden, or can I look at them somewhere?  Is there a good reason for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 05:02:59 PM

As a publisher, I can see all their bids.

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 05:06:05 PM

As a publisher, I can see all their bids.
All of the bids on everyone's site, or just your own?
bearbones

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 08:00:52 PM

You can see the bids by creating an ad of the appropriate dimensions, and initiating the bidding process.  Before confirmation, you will be shown the other bids.

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:39:28 PM

You can see the bids by creating an ad of the appropriate dimensions, and initiating the bidding process.  Before confirmation, you will be shown the other bids.
Lame.

I would hope the owner of the site could chime in as to why he decided to set it up this way, rather than display the current bids up front.  Transparency is a good thing, and the site that he is emulating (project wonderful) shows all the current bids in any search or browse function you use.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:42:19 PM

Just my own.

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:46:05 PM

Just my own.
I'm more curious about the number of bids everyone else's websites are getting, and at what rate.  I want to be sure I price my own site(s) competitively, and use the best/highest paying ad format.  Without these metrics, it's kind of leaving publishers out in the dark.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:47:05 PM

I would hope the owner of the site could chime in as to why he decided to set it up this way, rather than display the current bids up front.  Transparency is a good thing, and the site that he is emulating (project wonderful) shows all the current bids in any search or browse function you use.

Publishers used to not be able to see information about their own website's statistics from the pointview of the advertisers. Now it's possible.

I wish for a page that I can link to for potential advertisers though.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:49:24 PM

I'm more curious about the number of bids everyone else's websites are getting, and at what rate.  I want to be sure I price my own site(s) competitively, and use the best/highest paying ad format.  Without these metrics, it's kind of leaving publishers out in the dark.

Not a fan of the minimum price range....but we do need better tools.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 05:26:40 AM

Hi, just got notified by SgtSpike about this thread (with the amount of posts per day on the forum and me being busy with OpFab, IRL and other stuff I don't have the time to check them all). Thank you for that.

I know that the feature requested here (a bidding preview) is needed and I actually already started working on that as part of something larger, but it is going to take a few more weeks before I hope to release that.  I'll try to shift this up on my priority list.

Note that I wrote this site in 2,5 months and a minimal working site (no restrictions to ads for a site, ability to change site data, stats, etc.) was released because people were asking for such site (about 5 months ago). I added a new part recently, which required a lot of rewriting and changes to the database.

So, more features will be coming, but it will take time.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 06:30:42 AM

Well I'm just glad to hear it's not being abandoned as-is as a half-finished website.  I am glad that you created it in the first place, as it is certainly better than nothing, and I enjoy the projectwonderful-like ad services.  Just keep up the good work then.  Wink
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 06:37:50 AM

Hi, just got notified by SgtSpike about this thread (with the amount of posts per day on the forum and me being busy with OpFab, IRL and other stuff I don't have the time to check them all). Thank you for that.

I know that the feature requested here (a bidding preview) is needed and I actually already started working on that as part of something larger, but it is going to take a few more weeks before I hope to release that.  I'll try to shift this up on my priority list.

Note that I wrote this site in 2,5 months and a minimal working site (no restrictions to ads for a site, ability to change site data, stats, etc.) was released because people were asking for such site (about 5 months ago). I added a new part recently, which required a lot of rewriting and changes to the database.

So, more features will be coming, but it will take time.

You sure rewrite often. I don't even do rewrite.

Most of the time I just fill in the gap, or research the ruby on rails API to accomplish certain kind of objectives. In the process, I even learn new tricks that help me build the site with less hassle.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:34:42 PM

Is this project (Op Fab) still healthy?
I'm a happy user. I get paying ads on my website about two-thirds of the time. The rest of the time I get the default OpFab advertisement.

Right now it seems a bit strange to have ads running on my website for "Islamic Bank of Bitcoin" because my website isn't their ideal demographic, but hey it's a good way to earn a small but steady trickle of bitcoins.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:37:16 PM

Is this project (Op Fab) still healthy?
I'm a happy user. I get paying ads on my website about two-thirds of the time. The rest of the time I get the default OpFab advertisement.

Right now it seems a bit strange to have ads running on my website for "Islamic Bank of Bitcoin" because my website isn't their ideal demographic, but hey it's a good way to earn a small but steady trickle of bitcoins.
+1

You can always disable any ads that you don't like too.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:22:51 PM

so the site is really up and working at the moment? did not look like it to me. or is it just a lack of advertisers?
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:02:41 PM

so the site is really up and working at the moment? did not look like it to me. or is it just a lack of advertisers?
Yes, I've had zero problems using it the last couple of months.  I even recently (couple days ago?) went in and checked my current balances, etc.  What are you having trouble with?
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 10:50:56 AM

it's a good way to earn a small but steady trickle of bitcoins.

the problem with the 'trickle' is that the minimum withdrawal from op fab is 5 btc.

maybe that's low enough for some people, but it seems a strange policy given that tx fees can be so cheap or even nil.
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:02:25 PM

Yes, I've had zero problems using it the last couple of months.  I even recently (couple days ago?) went in and checked my current balances, etc.  What are you having trouble with?
probably the problem was that I only tried the skyscraper adds and there were none at that moment.

curious how this will compare to google adsense.

phelix
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:25:45 PM

the witcoin add is hilarious   Cheesy

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:27:01 PM

it's a good way to earn a small but steady trickle of bitcoins.

the problem with the 'trickle' is that the minimum withdrawal from op fab is 5 btc.

maybe that's low enough for some people, but it seems a strange policy given that tx fees can be so cheap or even nil.

It's 5 BTC now?  That's quite excessive... it would take a LONG time for me to gather up that much!  It was 1 BTC last time I looked, but he must have changed it...

the witcoin add is hilarious   Cheesy

Haha, that is awesome indeed.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: