Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guard your Bitcoin with Stainless Steel Cold Storage  (Read 4549 times)
traderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:26:30 PM

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/cryptosteel-bitcoin-stainless-steel-cold-storage-poland/

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:56:36 PM

Looks pretty cool, but I would carry all my main bitcoin stack on a wallet at home. If they get at home, the least of your worries would be the material the storage is made off. As long as it's digitally encrypted it's all that matters imo.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:15:51 PM

I like the idea of it being able to be used with multiple coins. I know that with physical coins we can just use the private key of the altcoin but those aren't intended for the purpose of other coins.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:38:25 PM

it looks really good, but i am afraid it will be too expensive to me
winchancer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:54:13 PM

It sounds interesting as an option
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:48:45 PM

It certanly does have advantages over regular paper wallets, since its more durable,not easily destructible,etc.. and i love the design.
The first thing that crossed my mind when i saw the picture was, i must weigh a lot, but it seams that its only ~200 grams weight, which isnt much at all.
I just hope the price dosnt come too high, <50$ seams ok, but anything above is too much and people will look at other products.

cheers
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:55:16 PM

it looks really good, but i am afraid it will be too expensive to me

I cannot see them being much more than $20 - $30 which is kind of expensive but you will not need to worry about it being destroyed like a paper wallet and it does look kind of cool if i am honest. There will be many bitcoin guards to come i am sure so we will soon have some competition which will lower the asking price can only be good Smiley "We set our  target price between a bottle of rum and pair of sneakers."

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:10:09 PM

This metal wallet looks smart. Engraving private keys is not going to work. The best way is to supply multiple sheets of letters and number. The owner insert the letters into the metal wallet himself.

The price is going to be an issue. It is not cheap to produce metal wallets and shipping is not going to be low.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:15:49 PM

This looks good.
I just hope the price dosnt come too high, <50$ seams ok, but anything above is too much and people will look at other products.
Exactly my though. This could get a lot of orders if the price is right. This is security done right.
This just confirms my thoughts that securing ones Bitcoin will keep getting easier in the future.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Megabyte

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:31:33 PM

This looks pretty awesome!

Your house can burn but your bitcoins still safe. Smiley
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:36:58 AM

Any word on exact price yet? How do I buy one of these?

Here's the official thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=977486

cryptosteel

Activity: 76

peace of mind for your private keys and passwords

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:18:24 AM

This looks pretty awesome!
This looks good.
This metal wallet looks smart.
i love the design.
Looks pretty cool

@Megabyte, @LaudaM, @PolarPoint, @ajareselde, @thejaytiesto, and others: Thank you! It is hard to describe haw happy I am! Last year working hard to find all weak points and make Cryptosteel - “bullet-proof” I am so proud that people like it! AWESOME !!! AWESOME!!!!

•everlasting•fire-proof•private•open hardware•
cryptosteel

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:27:35 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 11:38:00 AM by cryptosteel

How do I buy one of these?

We will soon start crowd-founding campaign - the most important thing is to get the feedback form the crowd - this is not a final design, and lots of upgrades are coming!!!
Also we need monies for special tools for our production line.
You will be pleased with the final product, boxing and design!
Just keep an eye on us - and we are open for suggestions and waiting for feedback!
http://get.cryptosteel.com, http://twitter.com/cryptosteel, http://fb.com/cryptosteel

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:45:22 AM

Looks good. 200g probably won't weigh too much especially if you can just insert it into a wallet and it won't crumble easily like what a paper does. The arranging of the private keys part is a bit worrying and I'm not sure how can you make a piece of steel stick onto the other piece. Not sure if the arrangements on the steel plate can drop off easily. Other than this, everything looks pretty cool.

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:28:45 PM

This is sweet.  I always worry about the print fading or smudging on my paper wallet that's in my safety deposit box.  This can almost act as a backup.

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:09:37 PM

Looks great! Will be buying one as long as the price isn't too extortionate Wink

Surprised they only weigh 200g.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
icet208

Activity: 762

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

this looks so sick.. Looking forward to order Cheesy
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:46:50 PM

cool idea. But if the user put those letters in there my concern would be how do you make sure that they don't fall out if the device get shaken.  dropped etc... it better be freaking tight.  suggestion:  ideally once all the letters are in place the only way to change it would be to first remove a holding piece using a screwdriver.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:50:53 PM

I don't understand how these types of things are safe when the person who makes them has access to your private keys.
cryptosteel

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:15:58 PM

cool idea. But if the user put those letters in there my concern would be how do you make sure that they don't fall out if the device get shaken.  dropped etc... it better be freaking tight.  suggestion:  ideally once all the letters are in place the only way to change it would be to first remove a holding piece using a screwdriver.

Hi @jonald!
This is image how cryptosteel survive fall from 10 floors + Car crossing + Hammering with 1kg hammer several times... And you can burn it it will not have a singe sign of fading up to 1200 Celsius / 2100 Fahrenheit
We belive that cryptosteel will be an only item untouched after plain crash, or car accident.
This is a SOLID BAR OF STEEL - and it was implemented by Jan Mierzejewski: Heavy Ion Laboratory, University of Warsaw  Ph.D. in Physics.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: