Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson suspended from Top Gear  (Read 952 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:55:19 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11462167/Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-from-Top-Gear.html

Sad

People who hate this guy enough to want him fired really are pathetic, I can understand not liking him but this is a joke.
Wonka

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:05:08 PM

I like him overal but he can be a bit of a twat sometimes.

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

I'd love to know what a 'fracas' entails exactly. Wonder if they got into a fistfight. I'm sure they'll kiss and make up though as Top Gear likely wont go on without him and it makes too much money for the BBC.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 07:12:16 PM

He can be, but so can anyone, what I find particularly disasteful are the angry and bitter people in comments pages trying to call for him to be fired lol people in the UK are just really petty at times -_-
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:18:23 PM

Sounds like a fair move if the claims are true.

If he's making racist comments on the air or while working his company definitely has the right to let him go.

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:04:34 AM

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

I'd love to know what a 'fracas' entails exactly. Wonder if they got into a fistfight. I'm sure they'll kiss and make up though as Top Gear likely wont go on without him and it makes too much money for the BBC.

Lol yeah I wondered to what a fracas was. must be a British term.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:50:52 AM

It is a British term.
I am getting a bit peeved about the public response to him being suspended.  We don't really know what he did, but the rumours are that he made racist comments and that he punched a producer.
I think the racist stuff might be from his last few incidents, but punching a producer is a new accusation.  If I did that at work, I would be at least suspended!  I like top gear, even though it's best days are behind it, but I won't support someone for being a lout, just because he is fgood value on tv
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:44:57 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11462167/Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-from-Top-Gear.html

Sad

People who hate this guy enough to want him fired really are pathetic, I can understand not liking him but this is a joke.

Seems kinda bizarre anyone think its a possible publicity stunt?
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 09:09:44 AM

I don't know, knowing him it could be, but coming from somebody who lives in the UK and knows exactly the kind of douchebags working at the BBC it could also be very real, I don't know about the punching part though that was started by the Daily Mirror, one interesting thing that has been started is that ITV is apparently wanting to offer him a job if he quits lol Tongue I say go for it, but this is what I mean for those outside the UK when the BBC is the left equivalent of Fox News, they despise Jeremy Clarkson because he flies in the face of all their politically correct bullshit, so naturally he makes for an easy target if he does anything even slightly wrong in their eyes.

The funny thing is, the majority of the 'controversial' stuff the newspapers and media talk about is said sarcastically, but of course, that didn't stop them from misquoting him.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:15:19 AM

I don't know, knowing him it could be, but coming from somebody who lives in the UK and knows exactly the kind of douchebags working at the BBC it could also be very real, I don't know about the punching part though that was started by the Daily Mirror, one interesting thing that has been started is that ITV is apparently wanting to offer him a job if he quits lol Tongue I say go for it, but this is what I mean for those outside the UK when the BBC is the left equivalent of Fox News, they despise Jeremy Clarkson because he flies in the face of all their politically correct bullshit, so naturally he makes for an easy target if he does anything even slightly wrong in their eyes.

Yeah it could be a way to move to ITV to get viewers pumped to watch a new show perhaps.  If it was true i find it hard to believe the story got out like this.  Maybe though who knows.
Rico Suave

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:26:24 AM

It's not. Just because you haven't heard of a word before doesn't make it a 'british term'. It just means a 'noisy disturbance or quarrel' and in this case is probably a quaint term for 'Jeremy Clarkson punched a producer in the face and called him a cunt'  Cheesy.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:52:51 PM

Jeremy Clarkson is politically incorrect, and this is precisely why I like him. It's also one of the reason why I like BTC.

Warning! Some people may not be aware of it, but BTC is politically incorrect.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 04:03:13 PM

Yep, good citizens are supposed to use paper as currency and rack up tons of debt they will never be able to pay off so they are forced to serve their corporate and government masters, glory to the state!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:35:02 PM

Wait they fired one of the hosts of Top Gear a really awesome show over a fracas.
Well that's just a bit silly
Within minutes of news of his suspension breaking, fans of Clarkson had started an online petition to have him reinstated. More than 10,000 people signed the petition in the first three hours.
Good work ^^

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: