Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:06:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is always too late  (Read 2585 times)
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:18:26 PM

Publicity... a new batch of people awakening to the idea of bitcoin, but then most of them conclude that it is too late.

This will continue in the coming years all the way through the hyperbitcoinization!
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:32:16 PM

Lol $295 is too late?  Its a steal if looking long term.  1-5 years.
12345mm

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:14:15 PM

eeeeexactly ... perhaps the most significant issue with widespread greater adoption is ***people do not like the idea of being taken advantage of*** ... and when you find out these things were produced en mass in the millions and millions of units by a handful of people for free on their laptops / traded for pennies for a year without any public knowledge of it no news no merchant acceptance nothing ... then come to find out the only exchange they were traded on during that time was in fact being run as a fraudulent ponzi (mtgox) and later collapsed and the price WAS $1200 as a sole result of their fraudulent actions and a fake-billion-dollars ... then find out it's trading in the couple hundreds of dollars today with estimates as high as a million stolen bitcoins floating around ... you immediately KNOW you've missed out on any sort of rapid profit making and that all you're doing is paying off the members of the top of the pyramid / thieves who haven't sold all of their free / stolen stash yet ... and you steer the fuck clear of it ...

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:22:37 PM

eeeeexactly ... perhaps the most significant issue with widespread greater adoption is ***people do not like the idea of being taken advantage of*** ... and when you find out these things were produced en mass in the millions and millions of units by a handful of people for free on their laptops / traded for pennies for a year without any public knowledge of it no news no merchant acceptance nothing ... then come to find out the only exchange they were traded on during that time was in fact being run as a fraudulent ponzi (mtgox) and later collapsed and the price WAS $1200 as a sole result of their fraudulent actions and a fake-billion-dollars ... then find out it's trading in the couple hundreds of dollars today with estimates as high as a million stolen bitcoins floating around ... you immediately KNOW you've missed out on any sort of rapid profit making and that all you're doing is paying off the members of the top of the pyramid / thieves who haven't sold all of their free / stolen stash yet ... and you steer the fuck clear of it ...

And at every turn you dig yourself deeper into the mud.
12345mm

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:41:39 PM

me muddy ? ... nahhhh ... couldn't be ... i'd be happy as shit if this thing went ballistic (again) ... lowest i've paid was 90 a pop after SR closed and i started mining back in 2013 too with positive roi ... highest i've sold at was 770 ... currently have over a blocks worth acquired in the low 200s and benefited for thousands of dollars of profit ... i'd love to have gotten in in the single digits but hey time travel isn't possible so ... anyway i'd probably be classed as a late-early or early-mid adopter ... and it would be fantastic for me if it'd just rock up and up from here ... and i'm well in the black ... but i know what the reality is and what the public perception is ... rational people don't touch this shit with a 10ft pole because well ... like i said ... people don't like the idea of being taken advantage of and paying 10000X the price something was produced at is hard to stomach for normal people used to working with normal investments and fiat currencies ... but hey ... there's lots of irrational people in the world to make more $$$ off of right ? ... Tongue

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:46:36 PM

It is definitely always too late. When they see the prices so high, they can only think to themselves that it is too late. They missed the 158 dollar crash boat, they missed the 1200 dollar boat, and most importantly, the penny boat.

I bet most of you jumped on to the boat around the 100 dollar mark in 2013.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:04:20 PM

I just jumped on the boat the moment i discovered Bitcoin. Weird.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:04:57 PM

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best is now

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:06:29 PM

Sometimes it becomes not-quite-too-late-anymore, like when the price crashes back down to below what it was at a peak almost 2 years earlier.  Those are really good times to buy. Wink
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:17:42 PM

me muddy ? ... nahhhh ... couldn't be ... i'd be happy as shit if this thing went ballistic (again) ... lowest i've paid was 90 a pop after SR closed and i started mining back in 2013 too with positive roi ... highest i've sold at was 770 ... currently have over a blocks worth acquired in the low 200s and benefited for thousands of dollars of profit ... i'd love to have gotten in in the single digits but hey time travel isn't possible so ... anyway i'd probably be classed as a late-early or early-mid adopter ... and it would be fantastic for me if it'd just rock up and up from here ... and i'm well in the black ... but i know what the reality is and what the public perception is ... rational people don't touch this shit with a 10ft pole because well ... like i said ... people don't like the idea of being taken advantage of and paying 10000X the price something was produced at is hard to stomach for normal people used to working with normal investments and fiat currencies ... but hey ... there's lots of irrational people in the world to make more $$$ off of right ? ... Tongue

Some see it as the future, some get FOMO, some do as you say and don't buy in. I think most people accept that they had no way to get into bitcoin when it was for pennies and probably see the pullback from $1000 as making it more affordable. Everybody would have loved to be the $1-buy-in-guy. Bitcoin adoption is littered with stories of people who heard of it and then dismissed it quickly, only to return to it later at 10x the price.

People routinely pay plenty more for non investments than they would have previously or in another location. With bitcoin the reason not to buy would be you see no future in it or it is too complex for your liking; by no metric is it fully formed or fully functional. If you're an investor you might be scared by the volatility, security concerns or lack of current infrastructure but surely not by lack of growth potential.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:01:55 AM

Lol $295 is too late?  Its a steal if looking long term.  1-5 years.

Yep, considering that some companies took the risk to run their business when it was $700-500. Oh well i guess its his own opinion and we got to respect it.
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:34:00 AM

Good points here. People looking into bitcoin for the first time nowadays, should consider themselves lucky, because now is just as good as 18 months ago, price wise.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:12:54 AM

Why do people buy any investments knowing that someone bought it waaaaay cheaper than they did? Because they look at the future not the past. Thats what smart investors do. We still don't have all the smart investors on board yet due to various reasons... mainly the ability to acquire legally and large amounts. Once that wave is over, bitcoin will have grown and will be used for what it is, and people won't worry about it as an investment that someone bought waaaaay cheaper than they did a long time ago. They will think of it as an amazing technology. You got to remember bitcoin was not made to make you rich!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:14:21 AM

Publicity... a new batch of people awakening to the idea of bitcoin, but then most of them conclude that it is too late.

This will continue in the coming years all the way through the hyperbitcoinization!

That's true. You shouldn't give up before you've even started. However, you don't know for sure that the price of bitcoin will continue to increase in the long term.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:52:12 AM

Why do people buy any investments knowing that someone bought it waaaaay cheaper than they did? Because they look at the future not the past. Thats what smart investors do. We still don't have all the smart investors on board yet due to various reasons... mainly the ability to acquire legally and large amounts. Once that wave is over, bitcoin will have grown and will be used for what it is, and people won't worry about it as an investment that someone bought waaaaay cheaper than they did a long time ago. They will think of it as an amazing technology. You got to remember bitcoin was not made to make you rich!

They don't if it's really an investment, which is basically defined as loaning somebody who does something productive money for interest. Out of it comes something of value, a product, a service, knowledge or information.
That doesn't happen with Bitcoin because the mtoney you used to buy Bitcoins goes to another person who doesn't use that money to earn something for you. That's why it's called speculating and that's why this board is called as such. We are speculators not investors.
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:10:27 AM

People think that they are too late because they heard of the stories that btc was only 30 cents at one time and people were mining hundreds of bitcoins a day.
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:12:45 AM

They don't if it's really an investment, which is basically defined as loaning somebody who does something productive money for interest. Out of it comes something of value, a product, a service, knowledge or information.
That doesn't happen with Bitcoin because the mtoney you used to buy Bitcoins goes to another person who doesn't use that money to earn something for you. That's why it's called speculating and that's why this board is called as such. We are speculators not investors.

You are basically correct. Investing is buying capital goods and labour with the purpose of producing someting that is useful to others (of course speculating that it is useful to others when it is offered some time in the future).

Buying bitcoin is speculating that others will demand it for a higher price in the market in the future. It is speculating also if you do not expect a higher price in the future, even when you expect a lower price. (When you demand dollars for the work you offer, you speculate that someone in the future will demand those dollars for a price not less than 2 percent lower than the current price... that is the dollar price inflation expectation). This is always so with money: any demand you have for money, is speculation that others will demand it in the future.

Speculation is acting on your foresight, based upon all your wisdom.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:52:16 AM

Yeah just as people thought jumping in at $5 is already "too late" after $2 a month ago, so the price just sat there for months.

Everything is relative. "Too late" of today will surely become "the greatest opportunity" in retrospective. Too bad common people are moved by emotions much more than reason. Too bad for them, I mean Smiley

i am satoshi
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:43:30 AM

this thing is asbout to reach the moon soon, has not even left the station, not too late at all

one day you will look at the current price and laugh
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:56:30 AM

Its the best price to buy bitcoins right now. Its just 300$ at this time and we all expect the coin to rise a lot during the next halvening. Its still not late and will never be.
Looking at the long term, the price is too good to buy right now.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: