Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BLYTHE MASTERS, ex-derivative pioneer, just joined a BTC start-up  (Read 1033 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:49:31 AM

Ick.  Slimy derivatives pioneer at JP Morgan (Enron electricity sleaze w/ California, possible silver market manipulation, etc.) just joined Digital Asset Holdings:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-10/bitcoin-default-swaps-blythe-masters-joins-bitcoin-startup

She is a smart but loathesome person, but might be good (?, maybe not) for Bitcoin.  Bitcoin derivatives coming?

EDIT: Note fourth comment about her polluting the blockchain...
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:22:21 AM

Ick.  Slimy derivatives pioneer at JP Morgan (Enron electricity sleaze w/ California, possible silver market manipulation, etc.) just joined Digital Asset Holdings:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-10/bitcoin-default-swaps-blythe-masters-joins-bitcoin-startup

She is a smart but loathesome person, but might be good (?, maybe not) for Bitcoin.  Bitcoin derivatives coming?

EDIT: Note fourth comment about her polluting the blockchain...

Seems to me once you have a deriverative then you can manipulate the price, this is what she is infamous for with Gold and other commodities. Assume the worst for her intentions. How well you can actually manipulate the price is probably up for debate, anyone know if it could in theory be done?
elvizzzzzzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:40:50 AM

"anyone know if it could in theory be done?"

Just create promises to pay on demand, maybe called these Bitcoin Reserve Notes, and then create institutions that recognise all gains immediately while hiding losses for years. What to call these? Magic the Gathering is already taken, I hear, maybe Biankts?

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:03:44 AM

"anyone know if it could in theory be done?"

Just create promises to pay on demand, maybe called these Bitcoin Reserve Notes, and then create institutions that recognise all gains immediately while hiding losses for years. What to call these? Magic the Gathering is already taken, I hear, maybe Biankts?

But I wonder if it can push the price of Bitcoin down like deriveratives do to Gold. I mean if the price of real Bitcoin on the excnages are one price and the eft is vastly different then no one will take it seriously. With Gold there is enough manipulation on the offical excnages like the Comex that no one realy can determine real market value.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:42:48 AM

to manipulate bitcoins ... you must pay the price of the Bitcoin network.
if you can't ... so wait 2-8h per transaction. Grin

i love this network. Cool

Gold finance is like SCAM and SPAM feature without fees actually ... they emit 2 milliards of gold ETF on 8h ... and sell the ETF at 18h the same.

Just to raise or stop the gold price normal evolution.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:04:48 AM

Huh... Good sign for bitcoin as she has a good nose for money but somehow I have that "timeo danaos et dona ferentes" feeling...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: