Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Magazine Issue #2 and Issue #3 now for sale!  (Read 3233 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 09:44:35 AM

Vladimir Marchenko our Executive Editor has posted a thread already, but I think it was more useful as a progress report thread and did not make it clear (at least by the title) that issue #2 and #3 are now for sale.

This is a quick update on status of Bitcoin Magazine.

We have firm date of release of DRM free digital edition of Bitcoin Magazine #1 to our subscribers. It will be done on 6th of August 2012.

We are also working on making Bitcoin Magazine issue #1 digital edition available on various mobile devices including at least iPad and Android marketplaces.

Release schedule for printed and digital issues was altered due to scheduling requirements of our distribution contract with B&N. This was unfortunate and should have been expected, but as mentioned earlier it was our first time releasing something to a distribution company.

We expect issue #2 to start shipping in the second half of August 2012.

We expect issue #3 to be available in some Barnes & Noble stores in September 2012. While we do not have firm data on B&N order yet we expect that issue #3 will have very limited availability in stores, 10 copies or less per store.

Negotiations are in progress to have Bitcoin Magazine on shelves of WH Smith (UK) and Walmart starting October - November 2012.

Thanks to the strong feedback from our subscribers on lost and delayed shipments and helpful feedback about print quality of Bitcoin Magazine issue #1 we have dramatically changed our print and logistics processes. Starting from issue #2 we print Bitcoin Magazine in UK with a very reputable partner and using significantly higher quality paper and print processes. We also have changed shipping process significantly. The changes made shall ensure quick and reliable magazine delivery to our subscribers, worldwide.

The pricing of the magazine has been changed. Starting with issue #2 the cover price for printed edition will be 8.88$ (USD) or local currency equivalent worldwide. This means price increase for US customers and slightly lower prices for the rest of the world. There will be discounts for bundles of 3, 6 and 12 month subscriptions.

Please note that due to distribution related print schedule shift, advertisers looking to place ads in issue #3 (the one that is scheduled to be sold via Barnes & Noble) should contact us immediately. There are still a few days to place ads in issues #2 and #3, but after August 6th this will not be possible.

As always, thank you for your support as a community. You have made Bitcoin Magazine a success!

As Vladimir announced, we have only 2 days left where ads can be submitted for Issue 2 and 3. Please see http://bitcoinmagazine.net/advertise-with-us/ for more details.

Our ad pricing can be found here: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/s/BM_Rate_Card_Summer_2012.pdf

Our basic requirements here: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/s/BM_Advertiser_Program.pdf

And our budget-line of Market Ads here: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/s/Market_Ads.jpg

All inquiries should be submitted to ads@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk

Speaking purely aesthetically, Issue #1 was a deep kiss.

In looking at the next 2 issues I am editing right now, Issue #2 is dry humping and Issue #3 is double penetration.

I have never been prouder to be a part of this orgasmic magazine. See you guys at the conference. We'll be signing special editions there and broadcasting a feed for the people who couldn't attend.

TL;DR? Bitcoin Magazine Issue #2 and Issue #3 are now available for purchase!

fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 09:50:33 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I only skimmed the other thread, when can we expect #2 at our doorsteps?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 09:54:37 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I only skimmed the other thread, when can we expect #2 at our doorsteps?

I'll quote the website on that one.

Readers should expect 1-4 weeks for delivery. Delivery may vary depending on country. Free shipping on all orders!

fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 09:57:32 AM

I'll quote the website on that one.

Readers should expect 1-4 weeks for deliver. Delivery may vary depending on country. Free shipping on all orders!

Ah I assumed that was just there to let new customers know what to expect.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 10:17:28 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2012, 12:07:10 PM by Vladimir

We are going to ship from EU this time.  Most of our subscribers should receive #2 in the second half of August and #3 very soon after that. The logistic process was changed dramatically comparing to #1 and this time it was planned much more carefully and by a more experienced team. It is still the first time we ship in this particular way and therefore it is just a theory not confirmed by practice yet, but I am fairly optimistic that this should work much better than what we had before.

-
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:05:13 PM

some numbers (statistic) of how many magazines has sold ?+_

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:11:47 PM

Wouldnt one of the subscribers already have bought the first? Grin

Edit: GAH Vladimir, there you go deleting posts and making me look silly. Tongue
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:03:14 AM

How long will single and bulk purchases of issue #1 be available?
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 04:29:27 AM

Issue #2 ordered Cheesy

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 06:18:35 AM

How long will single and bulk purchases of issue #1 be available?

Until we run out of stock!

samadamsbeer

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 08:32:49 AM

Did not see this elsewhere but can we order pdf only (not print) yet or other digital format?
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:27:32 PM

PDF-only format will likely never be sold because of the potential for counterfeiting. When the digital-only edition is for sale, it will be on several platforms including ITunes and Kindle Fire. Currently, only the physical copies of the magazine are for sale. For now, all I can recommend is to regularly check these stores for availability or order your physical copy today.

Did not see this elsewhere but can we order pdf only (not print) yet or other digital format?
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 03:12:09 AM

i ordered #2 today.  Hoping to get #3 at B&N come September!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bitarrow

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 08:21:23 PM

Has Issue#2 shipped to subscribers yet? Month almost over and I'm bored, I need to read Smiley
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:58:33 PM

Has Issue#2 shipped to subscribers yet? Month almost over and I'm bored, I need to read Smiley

Was it shipped yet? I haven't got it in NYC yet.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

I believe they said all were shipped. I haven't got mine yet, and at this rate, I will have to pick it up at the post office (If i'm lucky).
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:48:52 PM

I was talking to Adam yesterday, and he mentioned that only bulk orders in the US had been received thus far.... but they are coming!
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:59:45 PM

I ordered Issues 1-3 last month but nothing has arrived yet Sad

vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:54:53 PM

I got issues 2 and 3 in the same envelope on Friday. Shipped from Romania to NYC.
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:42:37 AM

Issues 2-3 finally arrived from Romania for me too, but my Issue #1 never arrived (apparently it got lost in the mail).  I emailed support, and supposedly, they are sending Issue #1 again...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: